Official Ant-Man Spoiler Discussion Thread

BatsDC

Side-Kicker
Reaction score
As we approach release, more and more spoilers are leaking out. As this worked for Age of Ultron, this thread is for discussion of both the movie and any spoilers - so they can be kept out of the main thread.

I can't believe no one caught the Spidey reference! I was the only one freaking out!

Exactly. .none of my friend caught the spider-man reference too...its near the end of the film for anyone who wanna know :)

Maybe it was to fast for people to comprehend?

Maybe they are not attentive enough. .its some pretty detailed stuff about spider-man ( crawling walls, swinging around )

maybe after 5 s-m movies with the last 3 sucking very bad, the GA just doesn't care about the character anymore. because I kinda feel the same

Okay everyone so is it safe to say that Captain America will only have Falcon and Ant - Man during Civil War?

Guys pls enlighten me on some pts

1) scott lang entered into some weird realm by shrinking into something smaller than molecule right? I dont understand that part. Why did he manage to get out of that realm? Is it because Cassie was calling him out? And it kept him "awake"? Why can't hank pym's wife escape from that realm?

2) kevin fegie mentioned that there is a subtle nod to doctor strange, does it has anything to do with the realm scott lang went into?

Thank you very much and I hope to discuss further with you guys :)

1) scott lang entered into some weird realm by shrinking into something smaller than molecule right? I dont understand that part. Why did he manage to get out of that realm? Is it because Cassie was calling him out? And it kept him "awake"? Why can't hank pym's wife escape from that realm?

Scott uses the Blue Disc where it makes you grow.

Scott uses the Blue Disc where it makes you grow.

Oh yes..I saw that too..just wondering why hank pym wife didn't use that.

Is it because scott was not totally "lost" when he was in that realm? As her daughter keep shouting for him?

Oh yes..I saw that too..just wondering why hank pym wife didn't use that.

Is it because scott was not totally "lost" when he was in that realm? As her daughter keep shouting for him?

No, Janet couldn't get out because she didn't have the blue disc. He plan to sacrifice himself for the greater good. But quick thinking saves him. Nothing to do with Cassie calling him.

Well I'm pretty sure Cassie calling him helped him from completely losing touch with reality. That is why they made sure you could hear her voice. Lang even says afterwards to Hank that he doesn't remember anything about it really. If it wasn't for the love of his daughter he wouldn't have thought to use the blue disc in the first place. The whole theme of the movie is the bond between father and daughter so her calling out for him was very important

So what is in the quantum verse though?

Well it's called the micro-verse but it's basically the realm of quantum particles. In the comics it's a known thing since Pym and Lang are able to go there on a regular basis and control their shrinking as well but in the MCU I have a feeling it will tie into Strange and how he derives his "magical" powers. What makes the quantum realm so exciting is the fact that the regular rules of physics breaks down there and not a lot is known about it in the real world so it gives them lots of room for play in the MCU

Just saw it. It was okay.

The two credit scenes are....Hank giving the wasp suit to Hope.

And Bucky, Cap America and Falcon.

The wasp suit is exactly the same as the ant man suit....just different as in it is shaped like a female body....

I wish they had try to make the wasp suit more different than the ant man suit.

Well it's called the micro-verse but it's basically the realm of quantum particles. In the comics it's a known thing since Pym and Lang are able to go there on a regular basis and control their shrinking as well but in the MCU I have a feeling it will tie into Strange and how he derives his "magical" powers. What makes the quantum realm so exciting is the fact that the regular rules of physics breaks down there and not a lot is known about it in the real world so it gives them lots of room for play in the MCU

Now that made things clearer. The whole sequence was so amazing. My jaw literally dropped when he was traveling in there.

Michael Pena really steals the show. His character is like the funniest character ever.

Really like how he talk about about Scott joining the Avengers at the end. That scene was so funny.

I really don't like the character Paxton. I was hoping that Yellowjacket will kill him in the end.

And it's so weird. Because at the beginning, Paxton was such a jerk. But at the end, he suddenly becomes a nice guy??

And it doesn't make sense that Yellowjacket knows Scott has a daughter and he knows where she lives.

Who told him all these information?

Thanks for the explanation. .to be honest, I was very confuse regarding that quantum realm. I thought scott went into that realm cause he shrink into something extremely tiny ( like an atoms etc..)

I think there is this part in the movie where hank pym mentioned he dedicate alot of time to figuring and studying that realm but doesn't have any real results or conclusion about it. So maybe doctor strange figure that quantum realm out? Haha

I've heard multiple reviewers take issue with Hope's characterization. That she feels shoe-horned in, they don't give Evangeline Lily enough to do, and that she's mostly there to nag the male/bicker with the male characters. If this is true, then that's disappointing.

Just saw it. It was okay.

The two credit scenes are....Hank giving the wasp suit to Hope.

And Bucky, Cap America and Falcon.

The wasp suit is exactly the same as the ant man suit....just different as in it is shaped like a female body....

I wish they had try to make the wasp suit more different than the ant man suit.

The suit is quite different. Not only in color but it doesn't have anything covering the arms either soooo not sure which suit your're referring to. Are you getting confused from the flashback with that Wasp suit? Because that one looks almost identical to Hank's suit.

And it doesn't make sense that Yellowjacket knows Scott has a daughter and he knows where she lives.

Who told him all these information?

Uh, yes it does. It means the whole time Hank thought he was covertly spying on Cross, Cross actually was watching him and keeping tabs the whole time. Not that hard to follow

Thanks for the explanation. .to be honest, I was very confuse regarding that quantum realm. I thought scott went into that realm cause he shrink into something extremely tiny ( like an atoms etc..)

I think there is this part in the movie where hank pym mentioned he dedicate alot of time to figuring and studying that realm but doesn't have any real results or conclusion about it. So maybe doctor strange figure that quantum realm out? Haha

He actually shrinks down past atoms into the sub-atomic particle level and that's why things get so weird. In the comics it has always been shown as a trippy place and they did a good job conveying that. And yes Pym dedicated all of his time to trying to find Janet after the accident that is why he was grilling Lang for info at the end. They def leave the door open about Janet and if she pops up anywhere I would bet it involves Strange

I've heard multiple reviewers take issue with Hope's characterization. That she feels shoe-horned in, they don't give Evangeline Lily enough to do, and that she's mostly there to nag the male/bicker with the male characters. If this is true, then that's disappointing.

Well then they would have really hated Wright's version since she had so little to do that Evangeline almost quit over it. Hope may not have tons of screen time but her part is still integral to the film. She def does not feel forced at all and in fact her dynamic with Pym is one of the focal points of the film which goes along with the theme of the father/ daughter bond which is what this film is all about. Obviously this is primarily the story of Hank passing the torch to Lang but you can tell they have big plans for Hope when the mid-credits scene reveals her Wasp suit. And as stated earlier the door is wide open for Janet to return at some point as well. If I had to venture a guess I would imagine the micro-verse is going to play a big part in the sequel assuming one gets greenlit (which I think is likely)

2) kevin fegie mentioned that there is a subtle nod to doctor strange, does it has anything to do with the realm scott lang went into?

No. The realm he entered was the Micro-verse.

Well then they would have really hated Wright's version since she had so little to do that Evangeline almost quit over it. Hope may not have tons of screen time but her part is still integral to the film. She def does not feel forced at all and in fact her dynamic with Pym is one of the focal points of the film which goes along with the theme of the father/ daughter bond which is what this film is all about. Obviously this is primarily the story of Hank passing the torch to Lang but you can tell they have big plans for Hope when the mid-credits scene reveals her Wasp suit. And as stated earlier the door is wide open for Janet to return at some point as well. If I had to venture a guess I would imagine the micro-verse is going to play a big part in the sequel assuming one gets greenlit (which I think is likely)

She's a total Mary Sue character. She does feel forced. In terms of the story though, there is no reason she shouldn't be leading the heist.

I wonder why she signed on to the movie in the first place if it was such a small role and there was nothing for her to do.

Last edited:
She's a total Mary Sue character. She does feel forced. In terms of the story though, there is no reason she shouldn't be leading the heist.

I wonder why she signed on to the movie in the first place if it was such a small role and there was nothing for her to do.

Haha wow, some of you here apparently didn't even watch the movie. The scene were Hope is pissed that Lang isn't getting it and then gets mad at Hank because she is not leading the heist and goes to the car outside specifically states why she isn't leading the heist. Lang goes to her and spells it out that Hank doesn't want to risk losing her and Lang is expendable. They literally tell you this in the damn movie. Her role is not forced and although it doesn't have a ton of screen time it is integral to the film. The whole theme of the movie is the relationship between a father and his daughter. The scene where Hank opens up and admits what happened to Janet and why he withdrew from everything is very powerful. And the best damn joke is right after that when Scott talks about how awesome it is and ruins the moment. The primary focus of this film was for Hank to pass the torch to Lang. The mid-credit stinger where he reveals the Wasp prototype shows Marvel has big plans for her in the future. Just like when Rhodey sees the War Machine suit and says "Maybe next time" in IM. Literally the exact same type of set-up

Haha wow, some of you here apparently didn't even watch the movie. The scene were Hope is pissed that Lang isn't getting it and then gets mad at Hank because she is not leading the heist and goes to the car outside specifically states why she isn't leading the heist. Lang goes to her and spells it out that Hank doesn't want to risk losing her and Lang is expendable. They literally tell you this in the damn movie. Her role is not forced and although it doesn't have a ton of screen time it is integral to the film. The whole theme of the movie is the relationship between a father and his daughter. The scene where Hank opens up and admits what happened to Janet and why he withdrew from everything is very powerful. And the best damn joke is right after that when Scott talks about how awesome it is and ruins the moment. The primary focus of this film was for Hank to pass the torch to Lang. The mid-credit stinger where he reveals the Wasp prototype shows Marvel has big plans for her in the future. Just like when Rhodey sees the War Machine suit and says "Maybe next time" in IM. Literally the exact same type of set-up

I saw the movie. I saw that scene. I don't appreciate your condescending attitude. That scene still is not enough to justify why its not Hope based on the end of the movie. Her role is forced and not integral to the film and only seems to undermine Lang. That's the thing about opinions, not everyone has to see things the same ways you do and not everyone has to agree.

That scene and after Hank is finally honest for once really should just underscore that he should let Hope lead the heist.

Not to mention, this is not a War Machine situation. Hope van Dyne was never the Wasp. She was the Red Queen and a villain in MC2. She had a chip on her shoulder that she did not inherit her father's legacy and turned evil as a result.

This is not Janet van Dyne getting to play as the Wasp next time. Janet was fridged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"