Sequels X-Men at MarvelS: What SOLO movies would Marvel make?

SumT

Sidekick
Reaction score
We all know the Fox sale to Disney could happen or not, so in any case, this is just an hypothetical poll.

If Marvel regained the rights, what do you think Marvel would do in terms of solo X-Men movies?

* Not what you want them to make, but what do you think Marvel would make in the long run.

How about they make Uncanny X-Men films first. The problem with Fox after X3 is they focused on Wolverine and prequels focusing on Xavier, Erik and Raven. Never mind that they forgot that this should be more about the X-Men as a group of mutants. And now they are moving on X-Force and New Mutants even before we get to see the likes of Cyclops, Storm, Rogue shine in an ensemble X-Men film.

The X-Men aren't the Avengers, where the big guns spend majority of their time as a solo hero than a member of a superhero team. X-Men is a family, it isn't a superhero organization. So let's not divide the X-Men and have them star in their own solo films yet. How about a trilogy first then maybe after that, they could make them vise versa.

As for solo movies, I don't want them. Maybe a 1 shot film for Storm or Rogue or Psylocke but not a trilogy. Definitely no Wolverine films as we already got that from Fox.

Last edited:
they willd efently do wolverine and deadpool films besides that who knows.marvel never did black widow solo film.

marvel never did black widow solo film.

Because marvel are not as brave as they sometimes appear.

Nothing against marvel since i usually watch every marvel movie anyway whether its fox,marvel or sony but its not something you can predict based on what they have done in the past.

It seems Storm fan created this thread:yay:

I think Marvel would do only Wolverine and Deadpool.

Maaaaaaybe Gambit and Cable.

Last edited:
I would have voted Wolverine and Deadpool if that were an option - with a caveat. If Marvel acquired 20th Century Fox, I think they would reboot the X-Men as part of the MCU while keeping Deadpool as an R-rated film under the 20th Century Fox studio. The idea would be to keep something R-rated separate. Deadpool will stick around mostly because it is likely to make a lot of money.

I don't think see Marvel doing a solo Wolverine film so soon. We all know that Fox put the spotlight so much on Wolverine that it became Wolverine and the X-Men, so I would like to think they would focus on the mutant group first.

As for Deadpool... They also have FF/SS as potential candidates. Maybe they should have the audience miss Deadpool first before doing a reboot of the character.

and Antman and WASP. so.... and these wont be the last. Marvel is unstopable, come on. They will do more female projects in the future, we can count on that.

They are doing a Captain Marvel film.

Not exactly the same thing. Captain Marvel has aliens, and Space battles etc. That's more of the Marvel way than a more grounded darker, lower budget, limited merchandise opportunity Black Widow film

"Weapon X", featuring a Canadian operative in a specialized suit tracking down a big green fellow would be a solid option.

"Weapon X", featuring a Canadian operative in a specialized suit tracking down a big green fellow would be a solid option.

Followed by Uncanny X-men.

Not exactly the same thing. Captain Marvel has aliens, and Space battles etc. That's more of the Marvel way than a more grounded darker, lower budget, limited merchandise opportunity Black Widow film

What you described is a normal spy movie.
Did we need one from Marvel?
I prefer superheroes superheroing. :woot:

What you described is a normal spy movie.
Did we need one from Marvel?
I prefer superheroes superheroing. :woot:

Yup. They don't need to make spy films. The other movie studios can make their spy comic book films and hopefully cash in on it. Brings about more variety to genre.

A Cyclops movie would interest me.

The character has so much more to offer than the garbage we've seen in the past.

Last edited:
I thought "X-Men team movies finally done right" was what we all wanted after two decades of Fox failing to give them to us. Not to mention that Marvel Studios don't even make outright solo movies anymore.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick a Storm one.

Reminder: this is about what Marvel would likely do, not about us and our personal wish.

What would Marvel do having the rights? Seeing all they have done to date with Avengers

Most likely they would start making X-Men team films that focus on the team, not a bunch of solo movies. X-Men aren't the Avengers.

I thought "X-Men team movies finally done right" was what we all wanted after two decades of Fox failing to give them to us. Not to mention that Marvel Studios don't even make outright solo movies anymore.

But if I had to choose, I'd pick a Storm one.

X-Men team movies > X-Men solo movies any day!

I would have voted Wolverine and Deadpool if that were an option - with a caveat. If Marvel acquired 20th Century Fox, I think they would reboot the X-Men as part of the MCU while keeping Deadpool as an R-rated film under the 20th Century Fox studio. The idea would be to keep something R-rated separate. Deadpool will stick around mostly because it is likely to make a lot of money.

I agree this would be the best strategy. Have the best of both worlds.

feige will do wolverine and deadpool solo films.

this fantasy that deadpool sequels will continue at disney is crazy.deadpool will be rebooted and put in mcu.

20th century films and tv studio wil cease to exsist as many wanted.

a recast pg-13 deadpool will be made by feige.

as for other solo films it depends what feige will do.they may want storm as love intrest in black panther sequels so who knows about her.

Storm would get introduced again in a Black Panther movie.

They would do an X-Men team movie (based loosely on Uncanny or Astonishing, maybe). The line-up of the first X-Men would likely be ethnically diverse and probably Xavier, Cyclops, Jean or Emma, newly recruited Storm, Beast or Colossus, and Sunfire or Jubilee or Armor. Iceman, Angel, Havok and Polaris would be past members, or newly discovered, or associates of Xavier.

They would do some some sort of movie that reintroduced Wolverine. Like someone else said, a Weapon X film is a possibility. Wolverine might not ever join the X-Men this time.

Storm would get introduced again in a Black Panther movie.

They would do an X-Men team movie (based loosely on Uncanny or Astonishing, maybe). The line-up of the first X-Men would likely be ethnically diverse and probably Xavier, Cyclops, Jean or Emma, newly recruited Storm, Beast or Colossus, and Sunfire or Jubilee or Armor. Iceman, Angel, Havok and Polaris would be past members, or newly discovered, or associates of Xavier.

They would do some some sort of movie that reintroduced Wolverine. Like someone else said, a Weapon X film is a possibility. Wolverine might not ever join the X-Men this time.

going by track record if sale happens three trilogys are assured

wolverine-if more avengers films happen after untill 4th film they defently would want wolverine there

x-men-though people should not get attracted to one particular lineup.though there might pull one similar to intial ultimate x-men lineup

deadpool

any others depend on other plans for greater mcu.

I would totally see a proper Weapon X film. With a proper Silver Fox.

Anyway, I think a couple of members are a given in a Marvel X-Flick - Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm. Just like the first X-Men movie. They might have Kitty Pryde and Colossus for the sake of variety. I could see them doing a fully CGI Beast. Probably introducing Rogue as a villain first to separate her from the Fox version.

Or they could do the original five, and actually do justice to Angel, and have a comic accurate Iceman for once. But Jean Grey as the lone female is so boring with so many X-Women to include.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"