Sequels X-Men Reboot

X-force is going to be introduced In Deadpool 3

it's only matter of time before wolverine is recast.it may not come in next X-Men film.of course if fox reboots after deadpool 3 it defently will happen.

And hey if jlaw doesn't come back and if say they decide not to recast for whatever reason it's an even bigger stretch to say fassbender would refuse to come back also purely because he has a healthy film career right now and honestly it makes me laugh when people make out fassbender is too famous for X-Men now because you might as well just say the franchise just isn't good enough for high profile actors to wanna be involved in unless apparently i guess it's the MCU, in which case let's all just agree that X-men in general just isn't good enough.

Good god, use your punctuation marks man. Your posts are really hard to decipher.

Well since even you spoke about wanting quicksilver to not coming back it's clearly more down to how you want the set up, which is always gonna come down to who you personally feel is important to this vision and who you personally feel isn't.

Although you might as well just buy your own action figures to play with in that respect so you can personally decide whose ok to stay and who isn't.

As Frankeh has indicated in a previous post, the directors and producers of this franchise have done a number of things that don't match up with previous established continuity and quite frankeh (hehe) don't make much sense in the grand scheme of things. So there's really no harm in us fans speculating.

If you want people to stop speculating about what we want from future films, maybe we should all just stop posting? :huh:

Anyways, I gotta go play with my X-men Legends figures...

Who ****ing cares who is popular!

That kinda closed minded thinking is what got this franchise in the mud in the first place.

Ant-Man, Deadpool, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Guardians have all lapped Wolverine and they weren't ever as popular as Wolverine.

Just make good movies the characters don't matter if your accurate to actual comics the fans will respond

Actually, Cap's first comic sold over a million copies, more than any Wolverine solo comic. Cap's solo book have sold more than Wolverine's in general. He's actually pretty close to the X-Men books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comics

Last edited:
My layout of the rebooted universe:

New Mutants - March 2018
Deadpool 2 - July 2018
Gambit - November 2018
X-Force - Feb 2019
Uncanny X-Men - June 2019
Starjammers - Oct/Nov 2019
Deadpool 3 - 2020
New Mutants 2 - 2020
Gambit 2 - 2020
Excalibur - 2021
X-Men: Phoenix Rising - 2021
X-Force 2 - 2021
New Mutants 3 - 2022
X-Men: Dark Phoenix -2022
Starjammers 2 - 2022

Given the state of the X-Men series now, most of those are unlikely to happen. If Apocalypse was a break out film, then okay, maybe. They cannot even get a director to fully commit on Gambit. While I see the New Mutants film as Fox milking their cow into its last milk, trying to squeeze another trilogy of films. I see it as the next First Class not the next Deadpool breakout hit. While I don't see why the main X-Men should focus on the Dark Phoenix saga up to the early 2020s. Like how much Phoenix force could the audience take?

Even if Apocalypse had been a stellar success, Fox wouldn't have made 3 x films a year.

Actually, Cap's first comic sold over a million copies, more than any Wolverine solo comic. Cap's solo book have sold more than Wolverine's in general. He's actually pretty close to the X-Men books.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comics

They've been making Captain America comics almost 50 years before Wolverine got his first solo ongoing. Compare the #'s from 80's onward instead and Wolverine >

I just don't see them recasting Wolverine just so people would watch another X-Men movie, that would just show Fox's confidence with the X-Men as a property and it would screw up the continuity even more

IMO, full reboot if they want to recast Wolverine which would mean a clean slate to every X-Men character.

Exactly we need to recast full x-men to set the team some decades after Apocalypse.

Jackman, Cudmore, Cumming dont want to reprise their role, Janssen is too old to play her character between 2010-2020 (adult Jean around 40 yo). McKellen is too tired to play a character such as Magneto
Too bad for Marsden, Berry, Paquin, Ellen Page, Ashmore. They were great.

Exactly we need to recast full x-men to set the team some decades after Apocalypse.

Jackman, Cudmore, Cumming dont want to reprise their role, Janssen is too old to play her character between 2010-2020 (adult Jean around 40 yo). McKellen is too tired to play a character such as Magneto

A reboot wouldn't have anything to do with apocalypse,original trilogy,or even Deadpool.

In event of fox continuing to make X-Men films with Apocalypse cast a recasting of wolverine is inevitable.And In reboot of X-Men wolverine will be part of that.

Famke looks great for her age and I am not asking for her to act Jean up to her 70s. Out of the three, Jean is the most developed and I just need her to appear for more two films. While James Marsden and Halle Berry should return for another trilogy and finally get a big role.

It might be interesting to see what a trump era x-men movie would look like? I think a lot of people find it tricky to get into the franchise since there's like 10 movies now.

They would have to start completely fresh though and I'm looking forward to dark Phoenix

I wonder, if you could start the X-Men from scratch, what stories would you use to build the universe? For example:
1. Original Five X-Men Story ft. Magneto and Sentinels
2. Morlocks Film bringing in Storm and other 80s characters
3. Dark Phoenix (introducing Emma Frost)
4. Days of Future Past...

I am not so familiar with the chronological progression, but it's just an idea. I mean, would you start with the first five? Would you lead to where the X-Men have been now? Bring in Hope Summers? Joss Whedon's (awesome) run? How would you design the X-universe?

IMO, all the essential X-Men are already there at the start but the first movie should focus on X-Men Gold then in the next movie, focus on X-Men Blue. Then bring them all together in the 3rd film.

2020: Uncanny X-Men: Storm's Gold Squad - Jean, Bobby, Warren, Piotr, Kitty, Kurt, Xavier
2022: X-Treme X-Men: Cyclops' Blue Squad - Betsy, Rogue, Remy, Logan, Jubes, Hank
2024: Astonishing X-Men: Blue and Gold Squad United

Then for the next films, Emma would start as an enemy but later join the team leading to that love triangle. Then introduce Havok and Polaris as veteran X-Men returning to the team. Forge and Bishop would come from the future time period. Then members would come and go making room for new and returning members.

Last edited:
It might be interesting to see what a trump era x-men movie would look like?

It would be. But Dark Phoenix is not the story for that. And the current creative team is not the right one for that.

It would be cool to see a Brotherhood movie tho, having the Friends of Humanity, for instance, as villains. Or even sentinels. But it'd have to be with a new creative team, and a passionate project like Logan or Deadpool.

And when are they going to reintroduce Senator Kelly anyway?

They did in the first movie

I wonder, if you could start the X-Men from scratch, what stories would you use to build the universe? For example:
1. Original Five X-Men Story ft. Magneto and Sentinels
2. Morlocks Film bringing in Storm and other 80s characters
3. Dark Phoenix (introducing Emma Frost)
4. Days of Future Past...

I am not so familiar with the chronological progression, but it's just an idea. I mean, would you start with the first five? Would you lead to where the X-Men have been now? Bring in Hope Summers? Joss Whedon's (awesome) run? How would you design the X-universe?

I love that idea of starting with the original five (but I do think some characters should be racebent then)

I would prefer no to hope but maybe do the ultimate run?

I notice lots of people suggest that they reboot with the original five to start with. That might work, but they shouldn't wait too long to bring in the rest like Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, etc.

Because the fact is (I'm just gonna say it) the Original Five were boring. The only one in the old comics with a full personality is Beast. It's really no wonder the book got cancelled before they had to reboot it with new blood.

And when they brought them back together for X-Factor, it was interesting for awhile (the students have become the teachers, that sort of thing), but after awhile they had to swap them out for an entirely new team as well, because as it turns out...
the Original Five were still pretty boring.

Haven't read All New X-Men, but I hear it's good.

Because the fact is (I'm just gonna say it) the Original Five were boring.

Hmm... I think the X-Men First Class roster was much more "boring" than the original five. And it worked. Really well, by the way.

A good story it's a good story.

I just want a reboot thats as far away as Singer's catastrophe as possible.
I think Rian Johnson should take the lead on X-Men or Tommy Wirkola

If they were to reboot Emma Frost and make her right again, I'd be thrilled. Her mind games are unreal and on top of that she gets down and dirty at times in her diamond form, and I can't get over Charlize Theron. Mad max and Atomic blonde scream Emma Frost to me.

[YT]vAoIOA0h4EY[/YT]

Because the fact is (I'm just gonna say it) the Original Five were boring.

I agree. I would prefer if a reboot starts with a 90's lineup, and the original five are simply referenced as a part of the backstory.

I could even go for a telling where they open the curtain with the original five already in play, and immediately start bringing in the Giant-Size heavies from there. And then kind of flashback the five's adventures and training as we go. Just get the show on the road.

I'm of course imagining this as a TV show, since IMO the movies have just been too limiting.

I've always wanted to see Laurence fishburne as professor x and Denzel Washington as Magneto (obviously replacing the holocaust with the civil rights movement)

I could even go for a telling where they open the curtain with the original five already in play, and immediately start bringing in the Giant-Size heavies from there. And then kind of flashback the five's adventures and training as we go. Just get the show on the road.

I'm of course imagining this as a TV show, since IMO the movies have just been too limiting.

Asif Marvel TV shows aren't too limiting.

edit.

anyways, I'm not leaning towards full reboot, but I would like to see a retcon of a few characters soon (Gambit and Emma Frost primarily) and some justice done to future Rogue. I daresay placing a film in the future would be in Fox's interest, the original cast still can't be beat at the box office. Also, what's going on with X-23 ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"