Apocalypse X-men Movie Continuity Explained!

Yeah but not big like Fassbender and Lawrence. Beside, he seems to love Xavier.
So, it will be easy. The others two ...

It's not like nearly every superhero these days isn't played by an actor/actress who's in their 30s-40s.
The young X-Men of the original trilogy - Kitty, Bobby and Rogue + Cyclops, given Marsden is the youngest classic X-Men cast member, would suffice.

That's a flop bro. I love those actors and portrayals, but they are B-listers by the definition and could not carry an X-Men tentpole given the budget required and their individual price tags.

That's a flop bro. I love those actors and portrayals, but they are B-listers by the definition and could not carry an X-Men tentpole given the budget required and their individual price tags.
...uhhhhh...
Wouldn't the B-listers be cheaper?
This is the X-Men equivalent of Teen Titans/Young Avengers.
Why would the core X-Men be carrying a New Mutants movie?
I never considered the OT characters as being anything more than mentor figures & cameos.

I don't think Anna Paquin/Ellen Page/Shawn Ashmore could sell a movie just with her name... if they ever headline a X-Men movie... the major selling points would be:
a. Its a X-Men movie;
b. The characters that they are portraying, characters that have mutant powers

I could definitely see them especially James Marsden mentoring The New Mutants squad.

I definitely see the idea of new mutants being about new mutants and while they could bring back one or two characters i don't think the idea is an excuse to bring certain characters back, cyclops especially i don't see being in it because of development reasons

I assume new mutants is mean't to open a door for another set of movies with different mutants, at least that would make the most sense for the idea

I don't think Anna Paquin/Ellen Page/Shawn Ashmore could sell a movie just with her name... if they ever headline a X-Men movie... the major selling points would be:
a. Its a X-Men movie;
b. The characters that they are portraying, characters that have mutant powers

I could definitely see them especially James Marsden mentoring The New Mutants squad.

Nobody cares about James Marsden now.

And nobody seemed to care about Chris Pratt, Robert Downey, Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Tom Holland and whoever is playing younger Cyclops before they got their Marvel movie roles.

And I didn't say James Marsden could sell a X-Men movie by his name.:whatever: So your point?

And nobody seemed to care about Chris Pratt, Robert Downey, Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, James McAvoy, Hugh Jackman, Michael Fassbender, Tom Holland and whoever is playing younger Cyclops before they got their Marvel movie roles.

And I didn't say James Marsden could sell a X-Men movie by his name.:whatever: So your point?

James Marsden as Cyclops is not relevant anymore. That's my point. Seriously, after 3 movies with no character development what is the point to bring him back?

Doesn't matter if you think he's irrelevant. You could say the same thing to Reynolds as Deadpool and several years later after Origins, he's back and headlined the highest grossing X-Men film to date. Colossus was a nobody in X2 to X4 and yet got a supporting role in Deadpool and would have been played by Daniel Cudmore if only Cudmore's pride didn't get to him.

Marsden is still well known as Cyclops as evidence by the audience's reaction in DOFP, its probably his signature role in movies.

And bringing him back for a New Mutants film where could be the Professor X to a mutant squad, would redeem for his "lack of character development" in the films that he appeared in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"