Dark Phoenix A possible new continuity model for X-Men: 6 universes

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Just revised this thread... mine is a work of pure passion. That's it.

The main X-Men universe (X-Men + Wolverine) has been altered via time travel twice, not just one ("Days of Future Past").
This means that the timeline depicted in "First Class" (1962), "The Wolverine" (2008) and the post-apocalyptic future of "Days of Future Past" (2023) was already a massive divergence from the original, untampered version of history (the X-Men trilogy).

X-CONTINUITY
http://x-continuity.blogspot.com

There are extensive sections explaining more about incongruences and contradictions in the saga.

According to my scenario:

Sebastian Shaw (Kevin Bacon) was a time traveler. He was born several years after the events of "The Last Stand", in the original timeline (X-Men Origins: Wolverine; X-Men; X2; The Last Stand).
At a certain point, when he was 50 or so, he traveled back to 1912 A.C. and impacted the timeline over the years in various ways... until creating the Hellfire Club.
He also changed Magneto's life in 1944.
The events of "First Class" were deeply caused by him, as well as having many birthdays shifting in time and characters being born later or before (Angel, Jean Grey).
I guess he influenced many powerful people over the decades, impacting their lives - Warren Worthington II (Angel's father) was among them.
FC Moira was the grandmother of LS Moira, as simple as that.
Emma Frost was already existing. Maybe, in the original timeline, Emma Silverfox was a clone of her who was adopted by Kayla's family (that's it).

So in the end, we got the second timeline:

1962- First Class
1963- Magneto is arrested
1973- Mystique kills Bolivar Trask
1983- Alternate version of "X-Men Origins"
2000- Alternate version of "X-Men" and "X2"
2001- Alternate version of "The Last Stand"
2008- The Wolverine
2023- Post-apocalyptic future of "Days of Future Past"

The third timeline is the one created by the events of "Days of Future Past" (1973).

UNIVERSE 2:

Deadpool 1
Deadpool2
(featuring an alternate version of the X-Men)

UNIVERSE 3:

The Gifted

UNIVERSE 4:

Legion

UNIVERSE 5:

Logan (2017)

UNIVERSE 6:

Generation X (1996)

Last edited:
Appreciate the attempt to make sense of it all but at first glance that’s way way too much. Into not is I would make DoFP the bridge between universes since that has multiple scenarios and a reset.

In regards to Logan however, I personally view it as an alternate set after X1-3 as it’s mentioned that Jean is still dead and Logan killed her (deleted scene or regular cut, I’m forgetting). That tells me that X3 could have lead to DoFP or Logan.

Appreciate the attempt to make sense of it all but at first glance that’s way way too much. Into not is I would make DoFP the bridge between universes since that has multiple scenarios and a reset.

In regards to Logan however, I personally view it as an alternate set after X1-3 as it’s mentioned that Jean is still dead and Logan killed her (deleted scene or regular cut, I’m forgetting). That tells me that X3 could have lead to DoFP or Logan.

It could be. It could belong to Universe 1.

If we want to put the Wolverine trilogy into the UNIVERSE 1 timeline:

Origins - 1979 (Scott is 18 years old)

At some point in 1989, 15 years before the events of "X-Men", Logan meets Gambit and Stryker again. He reacquires the jacket and the adamantium bullet and lose his memory for the second time. A kind of "X-Men Origins 2" movie.

X-Men - 2004 ("the future")
X2 - 2004 (6 months later)
The Last Stand - 2005 (1 year later)
The Wolverine - 2008
Mid-credits scene of TW - 2010 (2 years later)

The X-Men reform to fight the Sentinels. They also go "costumed" (hinted by the deleted scene of "The Wolverine"). Maybe Cyclops is found out to be alive? The X-Men become known by general public worldwide. Comics are made about them.

Logan - 2029

You should add the MCU as a seventh parallel universe, it is certain mutants will show up there also sooner than later and there is already a couple of counterparts in there (the Maximoffs). :cwink:

Non posso non ammirare la tua dedizione. :up:

Great! Sei italiana...

Have you visisted my X-Continuity site?

Go to the DOFP sub-forum, there's a new issue :cwink:

Another boards, same bull**** over and over again...

Wouldn’t The Wolverine be in your first timeline since it’s a sequel to X3? Which then leads into the future in DOFP

For anyone else:
I just revised this thread, because I slightly re-wrote my timelines in order to accomodate the theory that Sebastian Shaw ("First Class") was a time traveler and "First Class" was already a massive divergence.
Enjoy. Thanks!

Wouldn’t The Wolverine be in your first timeline since it’s a sequel to X3? Which then leads into the future in DOFP

It's a sequel to a slightly altered version of X3, happening in the second timeline. ;)

I came here to add that I think Simon Kinberg is a time traveler that comes from 2050, where the world, executives, fox old workers saw what Marvel studios achieved with the x-men in their first 10 years with the property, so Kinberg, as pissed as someone can be, decided to go back to 2016 to **** up the franchise trying to avoid that positive future.

I came here to add that I think Simon Kinberg is a time traveler that comes from 2050, where the world, executives, fox old workers saw what Marvel studios achieved with the x-men in their first 10 years with the property, so Kinberg, as pissed as someone can be, decided to go back to 2016 to **** up the franchise trying to avoid that positive future.

Hey! You got imagination! Seriously man, you should write the next X-Men movie. Why didn't they think to you before?

I think you could be more constructive with your free time, instead of coming up with these mental gymnastics that REAL producers and writers disregard completely when making actual films. Its an awful lot of effort for one fan's head canon.

I think you could be more constructive with your free time, instead of coming up with these mental gymnastics that REAL producers and writers disregard completely when making actual films. Its an awful lot of effort for one fan's head canon.

Why not? I'm having lots of fun, my theories work and don't contradict any element from the movie... finally, there are NO errors in the franchise anymore this way.
I just created a website that make the movies more enjoyable if you love continuity. And it works. More than 150.000 visits and tons of positive private messages.
I'm proud. And I'm having a ball anyway.

To have to come up with six different universes and to say Sebastian Shaw was a time traveller shows what a terrible state this franchise is in, to be honest.

Nothing against your personal passions in trying to make it work, but the fact you have to come up with so many different things to make it work shows what a mess it really is.

Marvel have done the same thing with their TV department. It happens when you've got a large spanning franchise. Now that's not to say some choices weren't head scratchers -I'll never understand why they killed Emma off off screen (though, I just prefer to think she faked her own death the way Emma would) but it isn't as monumental as some are making it. For example Mission Impossible series is held together with an extremely loose continuity and no one gets this bent out of shape because of it. That's how I like to look at these films and it makes life a lot less dramatic.

Nothing against your personal passions in trying to make it work, but the fact you have to come up with so many different things to make it work shows what a mess it really is.

I know where you're coming from but:

They are still brilliant movies, I love them all, this is my fave superhero franchise... so I think that nothing is perfect in the universe. Said that, my theories work in a great and fascinating way, so... it's fine at the very end of the day.

Why not? I'm having lots of fun, my theories work and don't contradict any element from the movie... finally, there are NO errors in the franchise anymore this way.
I just created a website that make the movies more enjoyable if you love continuity. And it works. More than 150.000 visits and tons of positive private messages.
I'm proud. And I'm having a ball anyway.
your theories are one guy going out of his way to make a jumbled mess coherent.
it's not real, not official. it's as i said, your head canon.
besides, it's getting rebooted soon, so i suggest you and your alleged 150 000 visitors find something better to do.

ps. how many times are you gonna make the same thread? we dont need that here. your visitors clearly know how to find you.

Can you turn down the attitude you're not the what people spend time on police. Just let supperhero live. Why are you so bothered by what they do with their time anyway? All you have to do is ignore it.

your theories are one guy going out of his way to make a jumbled mess coherent.
it's not real, not official. it's as i said, your head canon.
besides, it's getting rebooted soon, so i suggest you and your alleged 150 000 visitors find something better to do.

ps. how many times are you gonna make the same thread? we dont need that here. your visitors clearly know how to find you.

Are you depressed or angry towards world & human race? Oh man, peace and love. Don't be so angry, it hurts you from the inside.

There are millions of Fox X-Men movie fans out there. My website is for them. You don't like Fox X-Men? Okay. Calm down, relax, take a breath. Life is beautiful. Don't ruin your inner zen. LMAO

Well, cool enough:

In the Rogue's Cut, two sisters for Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver are referenced. That's great! Bingo.
Indeed, in "X2" (Timeline Prime Alpha), there are two "Maximoff" persons listed on Stryker's files: Peter's sisters (mutant as well), who came into existence despite their brother had never been conceived - that will happen when the timeline is altered by Sebastian Shaw in various ways.
Thus, in Timeline Prime Alpha, the DOFP Quicksilver was never born; Erik/Magneto had a speedster son with an unspecified woman in the late sixties (maybe 1969) whom I named: "Peter Lehnsherr". He is the Quicksilver featured on "X-Men Origins" (set in 1983).
Eureka!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"