X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3: The Last Stand
The Wolverine

New Timeline:

First Class
Days Of The Past
???

So which films happened and which don't exist anymore in Timeline B? My forehead hurts.

All existed except Origins.

Wolverine remembers all of them so they existed, but Origins is ignored completely as Logan is in NYC in the Seventies instead of in Vietnam.

X1-X3 and The Wolverine happened in the new timeline but happened differently to what we saw. Jean and Scott wouldn't have died, Mystique may not have been part of the brotherhood, Magneto would've still gone up against the cure and Logan wouldn't have been living in the woods in The Wolverine when Yukio found him, but the events would've most likely still occured with the characters most likely in place at each time.

Origins has been flat out ignored for three films now. It's safe to assume that it doesn't exist.

Origins isn't out, there is even flashback in DOFP from this movie, when Creed smashes Logan's bone claws.
Logan is in NY at begin of 1973, maybe just a break from war, and after that back to Saigon. He met Stryker in 1975.
All movies Origins, X1, X2, X3 and The Wolverine are out in new timeline since 1973.

Yeah unfortunately Origins is still in, but in the new timeline everything is fair game. None of the films happen in the new timeline as we know it, so I'd just say none of them happened and see how it plays out :)

Yeah unfortunately Origins is still in, but in the new timeline everything is fair game. None of the films happen in the new timeline as we know it, so I'd just say none of them happened and see how it plays out :)

Well, yes and not.

Some things of Origins are still canon. Even for Timeline Sigma.

Cyclops' age. Victor Creed's depiction. The pre-1973 flashbacks. Wolvie's secret origins.

x-men_timeline-c.jpg

I think Darren Franich explained the timeline better than anyone else.

Kidding aside here's the really great article: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/23/x-men-ending-future-past/

x-men_timeline-c.jpg

I think Darren Franich explained the timeline better than anyone else.

Kidding aside here's the really great article: http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/23/x-men-ending-future-past/

That doesn't make sense to me. Three timelines to the future? Nah!

TIMELINE A

First Class -> DoFP (past up to 1973) -> Origins -> X1 -> X2 -> X3 -> The Wolverine -> DoFP (dystopian future in 2023)

TIMELINE B

First Class -> DoFP (past up to 1973) ->undocumented stories because history changed and we haven't been shown what happened yet -> Altered future of 2023

Last edited:

The "Timeline B" is what would have happened had they woken Logan early. Bu yeah, it never happened.

TIMELINE A

First Class -> DoFP (past up to 1973) -> Origins -> X1 -> X2 -> X3 -> The Wolverine -> DoFP (dystopian future in 2023)

TIMELINE B

First Class -> DoFP (past up to 1973) ->undocumented stories because history changed and we haven't been shown what happened yet -> Altered future of 2023

That's how I see it.

The "Timeline B" is what would have happened had they woken Logan early. Bu yeah, it never happened.

Ah yes, Xavier says that but we never see it so nah.

Um!!! I think I seen footage from Origins in the Stryker flashbacks.

I think that was the x2 flashbacks, that was brian cox as stryker in those flashbacks instead of danny huston.

All the films exist, the OT has to happen for the events of DOFP to take place and for Wolverine to go back in time to bring about the altered timeline. Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast will remember that Wolverine came back in time and told them about the future he was experiencing but the other mutants will remember the altered timeline as if it was normal life. I guess Wolverine will remember the OT events but obviously as stated in the film not remember what happened from when he went back in time to when he woke up in the altered timeline.

Origins has been flat out ignored for three films now. It's safe to assume that it doesn't exist.

Being ignored doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

And remember, Kayla's name was mentioned in The Wolverine.

Plus isn't Strykers age an issue in regards to Origins, in '73 he looks nothing like Huston and didn't Huston find Logan in 'Nam in Origins?

We don't really know what the new timeline is now. The events of X2 and X3 have either drastically changed or they never happened in the new timeline. I guess they will explain more in regards to the time line in Age of Apocolypse.

Plus isn't Strykers age an issue in regards to Origins, in '73 he looks nothing like Huston and didn't Huston find Logan in 'Nam in Origins?

In regards to appearances - I understand that in movies like this you're expected to pay ****-all attention to matching looks of the actors in terms of timeline but for such a small role you'd think they'd get a guy who even remotely resembles Brian Cox. Makes me wonder if they have particularly big future plans for Stryker and that they cast this actor because they really saw something in him for them.

So,basically the Original Trilogy and the others eventually lead up to the future stuff in DOFP?

Man, I hope they dont have big plans for Stryker...the guy has already been in 3 movies! Of course, given what we know about Stryker in the end, things have changed for him.

Man, I hope they dont have big plans for Stryker...the guy has already been in 3 movies! Of course, given what we know about Stryker in the end, things have changed for him.

I think that mystique had killed stryker and took his place. The events at alkali lake in X2 won't happen so that jean is still alive.

Don't see how it fits. Stryker didn't recognize Wolverine and he looks entirely different from how he looked in the past scenes in Origins.

Have you seen the credits?

All the X-Men films are listed including Origins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"