• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Which timeline would you rather have for future movies?

I think the present time for the OC is now 2023 onwards so if they did continue it would be cool to see the future tech.

Or... 2016.

From a guy at blu-ray forum:

I do believe that the future events take place in 2016 as I think I saw the year 2016 in a holographic projection of a date at the end of the film. I thought I saw it on Wolverine's alarm clock holographic projection, while it also states that the radio is playing "Golden Oldies". Which works out well, as 2016 is when the X-Men:Apocalypse is supposed to be released.

Which timeline? Definitely both. They each have a tonne of awesome there.

Both.

I think while this movie rocked hard that they really should do two series of movies.

One of the past team and one of the future team.

They ended the movie with people wanting to see both and going from the two era to one would feel like a subtraction, a step-back. Like if Avengers 2 took away Iron Man and Thor.

Both.

I think while this movie rocked hard that they really should do two series of movies.

One of the past team and one of the future team.

They ended the movie with people wanting to see both and going from the two era to one would feel like a subtraction, a step-back. Like if Avengers 2 took away Iron Man and Thor.

Plus you do have that thing with the past now where you know they survive everything without using time travel again. I mean I know Singer doesnt like killing people anyway but it does for me anyway mean I would like to see the Future with cool tech continue.

I think it is very telling that now that DOFP is out, the poll is coming into a dead even heat. That means the new movie did its job in getting fans excited for where the series is headed.

What i loved about the ending was how open it is. since 2007 the movies have been kinda closed-up telling singular stories but as of now they can go in any direction with any cast

As much as I love Fassbender and Mcavoy in their respective roles, I can't help but salivate at the idea of getting a sequel with the original crew now that they're back together. It's just the sequel I've wanted since X2.

Well this is a hard question but first of why are all people saying that FC popular cast brings money? First Class was the least commercially successful of the franchise.

Personally I want both timelines, there are so much stories to tell and I didn't get the "send off" vibe at all, it actually felt like they were teasing sequels for both FC and OT timelines.

Apocalype will be a sequel to FC and I think later they should make a sequel with the OT set in the future/present. Personally Im not interesting in the spin-offs at all.

Remember that now Jean is alive so they can make a proper Phoenix Saga adaptation.

Unfortunately I think Ian Mckellen won't make another X-Men movie, he's too old :(

I'm fine with Ian McKellen not coming back.

X-Men has a huge rogues gallery, Magneto/Mystique doesn't always have to appear in the movies.

Well this is a hard question but first of why are all people saying that FC popular cast brings money? First Class was the least commercially successful of the franchise.

That's not really fair. FC was coming off the back of X3 and Wolverine Origins. Think Batman Begins coming off the back of Batman and Robin or ASM coming off the back of SM3.

First Class, and it isn't even close really. McAvoy, Fass, and Lawrence have carried the two best films in the series. Just bring back Jackman again.

That's not really fair. FC was coming off the back of X3 and Wolverine Origins. Think Batman Begins coming off the back of Batman and Robin or ASM coming off the back of SM3.

And The Wolverine was coming off the back of First Class? And it didn't get more money than First Class in the U.S.

Even if Origins/X3 were good movies, First Class would still have sold lower amount of tickets and thats just typical for spin-offs and prequels.

That was before The Hunger Games. Before Fass and McAvoy were well-regarded actors in Hollywood, not just the indie/British circuit.

Is there any doubt that Lawrence is by far the biggest draw here?

Ticket seller Fandango surveyed more than 1,000 moviegoers (a small sampling, but interesting nonetheless) and found that 82% are looking forward to seeing X-Men Apocalypse so the fans get their first hint of it on this film. Fandango also found that 76%of those going to this film are motivated by Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence (no surprise there) starring in this one, and 65% are planning to see it with a group of friends. All good. The studio has a lot to celebrate on their on-the-lot X-Men day today.

dealine.com

Is Fandango even accurate?

If I remember correctly, it was said in that site that The Wolverine had more pre-sales for the opening weekend and there was a big gap compare to First Class and yet The Wolverine didn't beat First Class' opening weekend.

I would love to follow both casts. However, I would prefer to see the OT cast more. I don't think I would be having this problem if X3 had been good. But I think that I want a trilogy of good movies with the OT cast, and I feel like I only got 2 out of 3. I think that the ending scene could, and might, be the send off for the original cast. But I would like, at least, one movie showing how they got there. Even if the new future is a utopia where no one has problems with mutants, I have a hard time believing that occurred right when Logan's mind stopped being in the past. I think there would still be prejudice and stories to tell with the old cast, at least to give a little more context to the happiness of it all for me to be thoroughly satisfied.

I really like the new cast and would like to see more of them. But this movie reminded me how amazing the original cast is in a way that I'd sort of forgotten since X3 and beyond, and I'm not quite ready to let go of them, I want more. I know it is not likely, especially with Jennifer Lawrence's fame, but Mystique's a shapeshifter, just stick Jennifer Lawrence in the future, say she's maintaining a younger look, and problem solved.

A lot has changed for me after the 2nd viewing: Give me the damn First Class cast for more movies.

Is Fandango even accurate?

If I remember correctly, it was said in that site that The Wolverine had more pre-sales for the opening weekend and there was a big gap compare to First Class and yet The Wolverine didn't beat First Class' opening weekend.
That is probably accurate. The amount of pre-sales make up a larger portion of overall ticket sales then they used to.

I would absolutely love both. But if I had to choose one, FC. I just feel theres more free rein with them and I really want to see a younger Cyclops, Jean, and Storm. I also think it's a series that can last longer.

And The Wolverine was coming off the back of First Class? And it didn't get more money than First Class in the U.S.

Even if Origins/X3 were good movies, First Class would still have sold lower amount of tickets and thats just typical for spin-offs and prequels.

The Wolverine was effectively coming off Wolverine Origins.

I'm pretty muc done with Wolverine after 6 movies and a cameo.
Also the younger versions of Charles, Eric and Raven give better performances than their older counter parts. So FC cast all day long. If news broke that FOX were moving forwards with the original cast my enthusiasm for the sequel would be killed instantly because FC blew me away when I was just 'meh' with the original trilogy, even X2.

Scott and Jean are back, and I'm eager to see who the hell else is back, perhaps Sabretooth and Toad? I want to see the OT cast.

The original appeal to me for seeing the past was how Xavier and Erik came together and grew apart, Mystique's role, how the school was formed, etc...What else is there to show now? The only thing I am even remotely interested in is how Nightcrawler came to be. But Erik said Azazel was dead so it must have already happened.

Just thinking about Apocalypse, how much damage can actually happen if we know all the characters are alive in the future and the world is not torn apart?

Scott and Jean are back, and I'm eager to see who the hell else is back, perhaps Sabretooth and Toad? I want to see the OT cast.

The original appeal to me for seeing the past was how Xavier and Erik came together and grew apart, Mystique's role, how the school was formed, etc...What else is there to show now? The only thing I am even remotely interested in is how Nightcrawler came to be. But Erik said Azazel was dead so it must have already happened.

Just thinking about Apocalypse, how much damage can actually happen if we know all the characters are alive in the future and the world is not torn apart?
Two things. Everything is to come. That is the point of the ending. And nothing is set in stone. They made that very apparent. Choice matters, which can change everything.

Both. Give me a sequel to x-men apocalypse titled Age of Apocalypse featuring the OT from 2023 onward, one last final battle against apocalypse for the OT.

I don't even care what they do, I just want to see Marsden kick ass now that he's alive. Just give me him in a cyclops uniform again doing something and I'll be perfectly happy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"