Days of Future Past I fixed all the inconsistencies. Visit X-Continuity, my new X-Men Timeline site

We have been provided with an official Chronology of events twice now (since the 25moments site also provides insight into the franchise's chronology), and it really makes no sense for there to still be any doubt as to when certain events occurred, especially with regards to how the 'past' events of DoFP end up affecting later events that are largely unrelated.

25Moments is legit, but it doesn't "describe" the movies or address their time... Last Stand apart.

Please share your opinions, suggestions and feedback with me. :fhm:

First of all congratulations for your side. It seems you put alot of work into it.

Unfortunately you didnt explain how the bent bullet site fits into all of this. Magneto definitely is arrested in 2013 - so why is he suddenly free in the post-credit scene of the second Wolverine!? Bent Bullets also hints, that Magneto never broke out since the 70s - so how does this fit into all of this?

Spoiler-Allert: Here is my theory. First of all we have to understand how the time travel does work. Singer said, that he looked to movies like 'Back to the Future' to figure out how timetravel influence the present/future. Therefore I think the timetravel doesnt create parallel timelines, instead it just rewrights specific parts of the history while other part still happen again (so for Back to the Future I: In either ways the McFlys get kids - originally the father has a lack of confidence/later on he is the Boss of the bad guy --> so there is no butterflyeffect that altering one specific event lead to a completely different future). I think that Singer also hinted to that way. So based on this here is what I think happend (just focusing on FC and X1-3):

1. Events of FC and X1-3 happen as we know them
--> Magneto definitely never was in jail for 50 years
--> events of bent bullet never happend or never happend that way
--> Sentinels project exists, but never got activated (thats the reason why we see non of them in X1-3; though the x-men know about the plans and train for a just-in-case-szenario in the training room (as seen at the beginning of X3))
2. Suddenly at some point somebody alters the past after the events of FC - here I only can guess what it is - and influences the 'present' immediately. So X1-3 never happened as we know them, all tough the history isnt completely rewritten (Back to the Future - physics)
--> So maybe Apocalypse was responsible for the death of Azazel. Mystique (pregnant with Azazels child - nightcrawler) blames the government and kills KFJ. Magneto gets in prison = events of bent bullet. Sentinels where mass-produced.
--> Of course Charles is the first who realizes that suddenly something in his present in around 2013 is different (maybe sentinals Mark I all over the place; also wolverine is kindalike suprised, when he saw the trask commercial at the airport in the postcredit scene (maybe he also realized something is different))
--> Xavier frees the 50 years inprisoned Magneto (which we wont see on screen) and meets up with Logan - "we need your help" (post credit scene Wolverine 2). Here is the weak point of my theory: Wolverine refers in that scene to Xaviers death in X3 - so even if X1-X3 events happend in a different way (without Magneto), Charles still got killed by the phoenix and went back to life. What here also wouldnt fit perfectly in is the fact, that Logan knows Magento (who in that altered timeline was in prison for 50 years) - maybe he heard of him from the media or xavier before ("the killer of jfk") ... We have to construct alot here, but it still works. At least it would fit in with the 25moments: cause did you notice that this site only refers to X-3 (golden gate bridge) but doesnt loses a word about Magneto. I think X1 and X2 didnt happen - cause Magneto is in prison - and the events in the "altered X3" just focused on the phoenix. So maybe she did still kill charles, moves (instead of magneto) the golden gate bridge around and gets killed by Logan in the end (so this also would fit to Logans backflashes in Wolverine 2).
3. So this now altered present (2013) leads us to 2020 when the x-men send Logan back to the 70s. They dont know about Apocalypses activaty yet, so they wont prevent him from doing what he (maybe) did. Instead they only want to get rid of the sentinel problem. They free Magneto and the things we will see in DOFP happen. At the end of the movie we may see how the 2020s are sentinel-free again, have a happy end on the one hand while on the other hand the post credit-scene shows us Apocalypses for the first time.
4. With this enemy entering the stage, the story must be told new. The franchise is rebooted and from that on we see all new stuff (maybe no dead cyclops).

As you discovered it is hard to fit the bent-bullet into all of this. Alltough my theory isnt perfect it hopefully inspires others and we can get behind the truth of all this.

As always: sorry for my bad english guys ;-)

Last edited:
First of all congratulations for your side. It seems you put alot of work into it.

Unfortunately you didnt explain how the bent bullet site fits into all of this. Magneto definitely is arrested in 2013 - so why is he suddenly free in the post-credit scene of the second Wolverine!? Bent Bullets also hints, that Magneto never broke out since the 70s - so how does this fit into all of this?

Spoiler-Allert: Here is my theory. First of all we have to understand how the time travel does work. Singer said, that he looked to movies like 'Back to the Future' to figure out how timetravel influence the present/future. Therefore I think the timetravel doesnt create parallel timelines, instead it just rewrights specific parts of the history while other part still happen again (so for Back to the Future I: In either ways the McFlys get kids - originally the father has a lack of confidence/later on he is the Boss of the bad guy --> so there is no butterflyeffect that altering one specific event lead to a completely different future). I think that Singer also hinted to that way. So based on this here is what I think happend (just focusing on FC and X1-3):

1. Events of FC and X1-3 happen as we know them
--> Magneto definitely never was in jail for 50 years
--> events of bent bullet never happend or never happend that way
--> Sentinels project exists, but never got activated (thats the reason why we see non of them in X1-3; though the x-men know about the plans and train for a just-in-case-szenario in the training room (as seen at the beginning of X3))
2. Suddenly at some point somebody alters the past after the events of FC - here I only can guess what it is - and influences the 'present' immediately. So X1-3 never happened as we know them, all tough the history isnt completely rewritten (Back to the Future - physics)
--> So maybe Apocalypse was responsible for the death of Azazel. Mystique (pregnant with Azazels child - nightcrawler) blames the government and kills KFJ. Magneto gets in prison = events of bent bullet. Sentinels where mass-produced.
--> Of course Charles is the first who realizes that suddenly something in his present in around 2013 is different (maybe sentinals Mark I all over the place; also wolverine is kindalike suprised, when he saw the trask commercial at the airport in the postcredit scene (maybe he also realized something is different))
--> Xavier frees the 50 years inprisoned Magneto (which we wont see on screen) and meets up with Logan - "we need your help" (post credit scene Wolverine 2). Here is the weak point of my theory: Wolverine refers in that scene to Xaviers death in X3 - so even if X1-X3 events happend in a different way (without Magneto), Charles still got killed by the phoenix and went back to life. What here also wouldnt fit perfectly in is the fact, that Logan knows Magento (who in that altered timeline was in prison for 50 years) - maybe he heard of him from the media or xavier before ("the killer of jfk") ... We have to construct alot here, but it still works. At least it would fit in with the 25moments: cause did you notice that this site only refers to X-3 (golden gate bridge) but doesnt loses a word about Magneto. I think X1 and X2 didnt happen - cause Magneto is in prison - and the events in the "altered X3" just focused on the phoenix. So maybe she did still kill charles, moves (instead of magneto) the golden gate bridge around and gets killed by Logan in the end (so this also would fit to Logans backflashes in Wolverine 2).
3. So this now altered present (2013) leads us to 2020 when the x-men send Logan back to the 70s. They dont know about Apocalypses activaty yet, so they wont prevent him from doing what he (maybe) did. Instead they only want to get rid of the sentinel problem. They free Magneto and the things we will see in DOFP happen. At the end of the movie we may see how the 2020s are sentinel-free again, have a happy end on the one hand while on the other hand the post credit-scene shows us Apocalypses for the first time.
4. With this enemy entering the stage, the story must be told new. The franchise is rebooted and from that on we see all new stuff (maybe no dead cyclops).

As you discovered it is hard to fit the bent-bullet into all of this. Alltough my theory isnt perfect it hopefully inspires others and we can get behind the truth of all this.

As always: sorry for my bad english guys ;-)

Good theory but very complicated for general audience :woot:

Magneto escaped from prison... that's why we had X1, X2 and X3. He was long free from his chains... maybe since the seventies, since in the eighties he banded together with Charles again (see prologue of The Last Stand).

Why do you think The Wolverine belongs to Timeline II? It happens few years after The Last Stand, as simple as that my friend :)

PLUS, nobody altered the timeline before 2023 Wolverine went back in time, it was Wolverine to change the timeline, nobody else before or after him.

Last edited:
^ There IS no 'second Timeline', and if you need any more evidence of that beyond what we already have, here is recent (as in 'just posted today') and unequivocal proof:
As for when 'Apocalypse' takes place, Kinberg states, "It really follows the 'First Class' cast. Meaning it is a sequel that will feature McAvoy, Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nic Hoult and that cast. It is not a sequel that would necessarily feature Ian, Patrick, Halle and the original cast. It would take place roughly between the past of 'Days of Future Past' and when 'X-Men' first started."
http://www.hitfix.com/awards-campaign/dont-expect-the-original-x-men-cast-in-x-men-apocalypse/1

Good theory but very complicated for general audience :woot:

I know, but I just came up with that theory cause of this bent-bullet-site - it does make everything so complicated. So this theory is basically for the fans, which followed the viral campaign. But I see your point. I would be surprised if the movie-explanation even comes near to that what I am suggesting.

I revised things here and there. I fleshed-out the timeline too. Have a good read, enjoy. :jedi

Again, added new contents. Enjoy! :lips:

Guys:

I added a new section ("Altered Timeline FAQ") and totally revised my Original Timeline section. I'm in the process to add a section about a comparison between the two timelines.:BA

You're all invited to join. This is a work of passion.

Thank you so much.

By the way, a new section is online, I think that you will love it. :word:

I would argue, yes, there is a second timeline, just one we probably won't see in the movies again.

While the Empire timeline is an admirable effort, there are a lot of problems with it. The standout ones for me being Xavier and Magneto visiting Jean, the Angel origin, and when The Last Stand takes place.

The Last Stand's novelization by Chris Claremont gives 1985/1995 as specific dates to accompany the film's 20 Years Ago/10 Years Ago, placing The Last Stand at 2005.

I would argue, yes, there is a second timeline, just one we probably won't see in the movies again.

While the Empire timeline is an admirable effort, there are a lot of problems with it. The standout ones for me being Xavier and Magneto visiting Jean, the Angel origin, and when The Last Stand takes place.

The Last Stand's novelization by Chris Claremont gives 1985/1995 as specific dates to accompany the film's 20 Years Ago/10 Years Ago, placing The Last Stand at 2005.

There's that and there's also the issue with X-Men 1 taking place in 2005. The World Trade Center was featured in the movie which Bryan Singer made before the 9/11 attacks which happened 1 year later. With the time gap between X1 and X2 being very short, I'd say that both films took place in 2000.

There's that and there's also the issue with X-Men 1 taking place in 2005. The World Trade Center was featured in the movie which Bryan Singer made before the 9/11 attacks which happened 1 year later. With the time gap between X1 and X2 being very short, I'd say that both films took place in 2000.

No, they are set in a "near/not so distant future time", 2005 is perfect I would say.

Also, remember we're dealing with an alternate history where 9/11 never happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"