Apocalypse X-men Movie Continuity Explained!

Nah I don't see apocalypse coming back, at least not in another x-men team movie, they have pretty much said this is "the apocalypse story"

Well I don't expect Singer back as director here on out, so the next person that is given free reign may have second thoughts about that. Sinister is a logical bet with close ties to the latter so a return could happen right off the bat. I would expect the next trilogy to have another Thanos type aside from Apocalypse, but I feel Apocalypse can have a background role or be involved somehow.

Given how young the cast is, they can certainly scale it back and give them some smaller threats with more character driven stories. If the OT cast returns down the line, you may see Apocalypse return. I think the Cable/X-Force movie is a safer bet to deal with another full fledged Apocalypse. I can see Cable being involved in the next trilogy as well with more timeline changes.

expect singer has given ever indication he will be back.

as for apocalypse let's discuss that after may 27.

Given how young the cast is, they can certainly scale it back and give them some smaller threats

See many thought that would be the case with the potential FC3 movie that it would be smaller movie because it was only a prequel but we are getting "the apocalypse story" instead so thats not happening

with more character driven stories. If the OT cast returns down the line, you may see Apocalypse return.

How i see it if they wanted the OT cast to face apocalypse we wouldn't be getting this movie right now with this cast

I think the Cable/X-Force movie is a safer bet to deal with another full fledged Apocalypse. I can see Cable being involved in the next trilogy as well with more timeline changes.

Apocalypse could come back for X-Force but i imagine it would be a different sort of movie to warrant using him again, i don't see them using him for another X-Men movie though

just as long as they don't try to do Uncanny X-Force

there's no way in hell they could adapt that and do it justice, UXF was a masterclass in weaving through a complicated continuity, something the films are clearly not capable of

Don't know how long it'll be til this thread gets another break.
that and it stops them from truly being able to map and plan ahead for continuity sake. they've always done basically 1 film at a time.. pretty sure Apocalypse is the only X-film they knew right away what story they were going to tell or to set up for... with the prior film.

well... singer also tried with X1-X2 and his X3.. which could explain why DOFP and Apocalypse feel more cohesive than the non Singer films

Yeah, I've said it somewhere else that this is that "film-maker driven approach" DCEU or one of the WB's execs touted as their mission statement.

With Singer having stated that Apocalypse is the culmination of two trilogies, I'm starting to think that this core "X-Men" arc may be put to rest and the franchise continued with things like New Mutants, X-Force (if it happens) Gambit (if it happens), and whatnot, even with there still being more story to tell to get us from the 80s to 2023.

With Singer having stated that Apocalypse is the culmination of two trilogies, I'm starting to think that this core "X-Men" arc may be put to rest and the franchise continued with things like New Mutants, X-Force (if it happens) Gambit (if it happens), and whatnot, even with there still being more story to tell to get us from the 80s to 2023.

sorry that's crazy.they aren't going to stop making core X-men films for spin-offs.they didn't erase X-Men,X2,last stand,origins,and the wolverine for
nothing.that was so they can make X-Men films where they can do whatever they want with new cast.

Bryan singer, kinberg and even the cast have talked about it like there are further plans to continue on from apocalypse

sorry that's crazy.they aren't going to stop making core X-men films for spin-offs.they didn't erase X-Men,X2,last stand,origins,and the wolverine for
nothing.that was so they can make X-Men films where they can do whatever they want with new cast.

They didn't erase those movies at all, so your point is non-existent, but we'll see what they end up doing going forward.

They didn't erase those movies at all, so your point is non-existent, but we'll see what they end up doing going forward.

yes they did.Singer and kinberg basicly confirmed it on DOFP audio commantary.

Singer's apocalypse is culmination of 6 films makes no sense based on what time travel did in doofp and what we know on apocalypse.if apocalypse led into OT then maybe your point could be right but it won't.that is impossible now
especilly since one shot in new trailer hints mystique as X-man at end of
apocalypse.any hints to phoenix in apocalypse also prove it.and do i have to mention jubilee and angel names heard onscreen are suddenly now same age as cyclops,jean,and storm.add to that jean's recruitment scene in last stand impossible now.and what was said in DOFP doesn't fit xavier walking around at begining of last stand.let's not even et into moira issue.

yes films were erased.and that was done for one reason so they could tell stories with younger cast as characters without having to worry about
what happened in those films.

only connection between apocalypse and OT is singer paying homage to certain things and keeping to his vision to certain things.

^ I've already addressed this issue with you.

Whatever comments may have been made during the audio commentary for DoFP have since been contradicted by more widely available and accessible statements, and the execution of DoFP itself, as well as the direct reprise of a conversation from either X1 or X2 in Apocalypse, makes it patently clear that you are wrong on this.

^ I've already addressed this issue with you.

Whatever comments may have been made during the audio commentary for DoFP have since been contradicted by more widely available and accessible statements, and the execution of DoFP itself, as well as the direct reprise of a conversation from either X1 or X2 in Apocalypse, makes it patently clear that you are wrong on this.

again singer and kinberg are 2 of 3 most importent creative people in series.

the convesation being replayed from end of X-Men in trailer is homage to X_Men.and plenty to believe apocalypse can't lead into events of trilogy.

I don't know what Singer and Kinberg said in their audio commentary for DoFP, but I know what they've said publicly about Apocalypse, and said statements make it clear that the films in the franchise pre-DoFP remain relevant and Canonical.

Personally, I'm going to take statements made in public as having more standing - especially when said statements are backed up by actual evidence of execution - than something that was said in an audio commentary.

That is my thinking as well, especially if Apocalypse shows a BO decline from Days. With Deadpool's crazy success giving the X franchise a modern day star, there's a real possibility that the kids will be left back in the 1980s. I could see "X-Men: New Mutants" being the next X-Men film and set in the present.

Really there is no saying how New mutants would do at the box office so FOX suddenly gaining faith in it doing better then Apocalypse is probably unlikely and the idea that deadpool would be able to hold new mutants up is probably also unlikely because his tone is totally different and new mutants probably wouldn't be a good place for him.

I don't know what Singer and Kinberg said in their audio commentary for DoFP, but I know what they've said publicly about Apocalypse, and said statements make it clear that the films in the franchise pre-DoFP remain relevant and Canonical.

Personally, I'm going to take statements made in public as having more standing - especially when said statements are backed up by actual evidence of execution - than something that was said in an audio commentary.
I payed close attention too to what they said and fact remains apocalypse does not led into events of OT.what is going on with mystique alone prove this.

audio commantary also told how xavier woke up in post credit scene of last stand.

There is still box office potential for 80s 90s films. Sinister is an obvious one. Legion, Genosha, Acolytes, Marauders, real Juggernaught, Legacy Virus. They will get two more films I feel, with McAvoy and the young mutants. I think JLaw dies here (pure speculation on my end). Beast needs to be back as well. I would be shocked if Apocalypse performs so badly that they scrap this cast. I'm thinking two more films set in the past focusing on Scott/Jean and Storm, and then an event film with Cable as a time traveler. That film would be the culmination film of the franchise before things really slow down.

Really there is no saying how New mutants would do at the box office so FOX suddenly gaining faith in it doing better then Apocalypse is probably unlikely and the idea that deadpool would be able to hold new mutants up is probably also unlikely because his tone is totally different and new mutants probably wouldn't be a good place for him.

I don't think that New Mutants would do better than Apocalypse, but it would likely be a cheaper alternative than the Apocalypse follow up and could take advantage of characters like Colossus and Negasonic who have been invigorated by Pool.

I don't think that New Mutants would do better than Apocalypse, but it would likely be a cheaper alternative than the Apocalypse follow up and could take advantage of characters like Colossus and Negasonic who have been invigorated by Pool.

New mutants has flop written all over it. Who would even be the main X-Man? All the classic X-Men are past their prime. Colossus works where he is at.

I payed close attention too to what they said and fact remains apocalypse does not led into events of OT.what is going on with mystique alone prove this.

audio commantary also told how xavier woke up in post credit scene of last stand.

Go play the Mortal Kombat reboot and then go back and watch Days of Future Past (without commentary), and then come back and tell me you don't see the similarities in how both "reset" things whilst still keeping the events of previous stories 100% intact and Canonical.

Dunno about new mutants being a flop, it could do ok but i gather the intention is to use lesser known characters to set up other series of movies

With effect it probably will have a budget of over 100 mil, even F4 had a budget of 120 mil.

Who would even be in the main X-Men? All the classic X-Men are past their prime.

It's not like nearly every superhero these days isn't played by an actor/actress who's in their 30s-40s.
The young X-Men of the original trilogy - Kitty, Bobby and Rogue + Cyclops, given Marsden is the youngest classic X-Men cast member, would suffice.

I don't think Sheridan, Turner, Condor, McAvoy or Shipp are really expensive. Only Fassbender and Lawrence could be problematic.
Underperformed or not, i think Fox's plan is more about to build an universe. Even if XA make only 700 million, it 's a fanbase for the XU. In fact, they could make a movie with 150 million budget with this cast.

In the worst case, they can go with All New X Men in present.

Last edited:
its gonna be mcavoys 4th movie off contract so he will likely get a big pay rise

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"