• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Days of Future Past Which timeline would you rather have for future movies?

The Wolverine was effectively coming off Wolverine Origins.

Just yesterday I revised the Original Timeline/Timeline Prime of my site and made Origins fits into it in a slightly different and better way.
I think I made it. I think.

Id love both, but I just say that because I know FC is already secured another movie and I'm feening for an OT cast.

Not doing a new OT cast movie would be a crime.

What if Apocalypse opens with Xavier telling the Apocalypse Story to Wolverine and the rest of the movie is some kind of narration? lol

What if Apocalypse opens with Xavier telling the Apocalypse Story to Wolverine and the rest of the movie is some kind of narration? lol

I thought about that briefly when Logan wanted to get caught up on history by Xavier, though if that were the case then it'll affect the stakes of Apocalypse knowing that everyone is there and that nobody from the original group is gone.

If anything Apocalypse might of been a result of the new set timeline going forward using the FC crew, maybe even point out that things are different from all the time traveling that happen. Something like Back to the Future II, where in the past now with the new movie will create an alternate future from what we saw at the end of DoFP.

I think Apocalypse should make good on the final scene of Days of Future Past. Xavier telling Wolverine they have a lot to talk about and telling him about the promise he had to fulfill.

Using Wolverine and Xavier as a framing device, Xavier should tell him how he founded the X-Men, and how he recruited Ororo, Scott and Jean and of course fighting Apocalypse. The film could even end with how they found Logan in this timeline. That's what I really want, I want to know the history of the new timeline more than the future of what works as an ended story.

After seeing DOFP, I'd prefer the FC timeline. I feel like it's way more open and they could do a lot more on that end, especially with that ending.

First class timeline, cast plus Logan. It felt that way too with the ending, a great emotional send off to see them all safe and well, ala TDKR, but then the final shot was cutting back to the timeline going forward with the FC cast and thats where it felt the story would pick up and carry on with Apocalypse. To use the OT again now would cheapen the ending of DOFP for me.

Now I get what he was talking about.
Does it leave us in a place where we could see more adventures from either set of characters?
Simon Kingberg: Sure, for sure. Absolutely. Yeah, I mean, at the movie I hope you'll feel like, "Oh, I want to follow the older cast on their new adventures, and I want to follow these younger guys into the '70s, '80s, and onward."

:grin:

I dont think it is that hard to do now :) especially with the possibilities for the OT. I think its time to have x-men in space... Shiarrrrrrr

First class timeline, cast plus Logan. It felt that way too with the ending, a great emotional send off to see them all safe and well, ala TDKR, but then the final shot was cutting back to the timeline going forward with the FC cast and thats where it felt the story would pick up and carry on with Apocalypse. To use the OT again now would cheapen the ending of DOFP for me.

This is also how I felt after my 2nd viewing. FC cast with Hugh Jackman Wolverine as a supporting character.

I'm a huge fan of the original trilogy actors and characters.

But as shallow as that may sound, I think it's getting a litle late for them. The X-Women will be pushing 50 (or gone past that) by the time a new film is produced, and the guys too, except for Marsden who's only now actually developing into a fully fledged Cyclops, looks-wise.

Seeing the end of this movie made my heart at ease for seeing
them all alive and well
, but I'm not sure we're getting a new film with them. (I'd love to be proven wrong though).

And, while the OT has much more A-List characters, if we're really being introduced to Cyclops, Storm and Jean in the next prequel, I'm all for it. It's just sad we can't have Rogue. I do feel her role in this world is done, which breaks my heart.

Since the timeline has been split Zelda-style, the option exists to tell future stories in both the Trilogy Timeline and the post-DoFP Timeline depending on the whims of the producers and creative team.

I would love both timelines to get a sequel. Both have a lot of places they can still go, and because of this movie i feel like the original cast has a momentum that they haven't had since X2.

The OT cast movie will be set in Timeline Sigma anyway. Timeline Prime is dead.

Remember most everything we have seen the original cast In Is now erased.
Yeah you can make case for pre 1973 parts of Origins and 1945 flashbacks of the wolverine still "Happened" but that's It.THe only thing Patrick Stewart and
other non-Hugh Jackman members of OT cast were in now that "Happened"
were the ending of DOFP.We have now seen no adventres with them. The ones we had seen the actors even now never happened In Contunity.

I have different feelings than many here if films with OT Cast Is now erased
why bother showing the cast of OT
Including James Marsden and Famke Janssen
If there films didn't happen now

Hugh Jackman will be back but besides that I am very skeptical of the OT cast
returning. Maybe cameo by Stewart at begining of Apocalypse telling Wolverine about things that happened and then film cut to sometime In 1980's.

Basiclly those who wanted a reboot or who wanted first Class to be reboot have more or less gotten what they wanted.

Since the timeline has been split Zelda-style, the option exists to tell future stories in both the Trilogy Timeline and the post-DoFP Timeline depending on the whims of the producers and creative team.

It's not a split.
It's an overwriting.
Timeline Prime morphs into Timeline Sigma. Forever.

would love to see the original cast in another movie, may be a new enemy - mr sinister and the savage land would b cool :)

I'm really hoping that with a new villain of apocalypse, there is massive scope for both cast to have their moment. I think it be great to do both

It would be great to have a movie focusing on the FC cast fighting Apocalypse, and then the next one focus on the OT cast fighting him. He could become the new Magneto (as in recurrent villain)

That makes no sense. They just spent 200+ million dollars to make a movie that goes back and changes everything to just continue with the original movies, which then we know don't exist anymore anyway because of the events of dofp. No where has it been said that these are two different timelines that are both existing. It is now one new timeline. The original series has been overwritten with a new timeline. Proof of that is how Prof X and co disappear when Mystique lowers her weapon. If it were an alternate timeline and the other one still existed they would have been killed but a whole new timeline would exist with the altered future. Like Star Trek. The new Star Trek is an alternate reality to the original. The original still exists.

Now to us yes all the X-Men movies still exist because they lead up to dofp. It still works, but after dofp it is a new fresh start.

I think that Apocalypse doesn't exist in this new alternate reality. Yes we see a happy 2023 with everyone alive but I think because time has been altered Apocalypse is awoken and anything he does in the altered timeline will further change it. So we have seen that nice and safe 2023 but it doesn't mean that if Apocalypse happens in the 80s everyone gets out alive. He could come to that time if he choses. That's my idea anyway. If it makes sense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"