Days of Future Past Timeline Explanation Help

Yeah, it's weird to think that there will be a Wolverine without Weapon X...but in the future he stills remembers Weapon X so it still affects him and he doesn't remember whatever will actually give him the adamantium.

Why do you say this? Where was the hint of him remembering Weapon X in the future. He said the last thing he remembered is drowning.

Why do you say this? Where was the hint of him remembering Weapon X in the future. He said the last thing he remembered is drowning.

I figured that he'd likely still remember the stuff that he actually lived through, but he knew he wouldnt remember the stuff that he didnt live through. Maybe not. I still think there will be some new kind of Weapon X involving Apocalypse, and Mystique disguised as Stryker.

I figured that he'd likely still remember the stuff that he actually lived through, but he knew he wouldnt remember the stuff that he didnt live through. Maybe not. I still think there will be some new kind of Weapon X involving Apocalypse, and Mystique disguised as Stryker.

Oh you mean he remembers Weapon X from the old timeline? Yeah, that makes sense now. I'm not sure we will get a Weapon X...it was addressed in the old timeline (X2). Doesn't Apoc wrap Logan's body in adamantium? Or is my memory not serving me correctly? I agree certain things will play out the same, but I somehow doubt we will get another Weapon X to be honest.

Last edited:
1973: Logan is located in America, as shown in DOFP.
1975: Logan and Creed joined the Vietnam War again. Stryker recruited them for Team X.
1979: Logan quits Team X.
1985: The events of ORIGINS.

U.S. troops left Vietnam in X-Men: Days of Future Past (=> Paris Peace Accords, 1973).

Logan and Victor can not fight with a helicopter and dozens of soldiers in 1975.

Oh you mean he remembers Weapon X from the old timeline? Yeah, that makes sense now. I'm not sure we will get a Weapon X...it was addressed in the old timeline (X2). Doesn't Apoc wrap Logan's body in adamantium? Or is my memory not serving me correctly? I agree certain things will play out the same, but I somehow doubt we will get another Weapon X to be honest.

That's what I'm thinking...that Apocalypse turns Wolverine into one of his horsemen and gives him the adamantium. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I wish they'd do this in two films...1 with Mystique being forced to help Mr Sinister because he has her son Nightcrawler...and then the team defeats Mr Sinister but Apocalypse has his horsemen (I guess Wolverine, Mystique, Nightcrawler and Angel or someone).

U.S. troops left Vietnam in X-Men: Days of Future Past (=> Paris Peace Accords, 1973).

Logan and Victor can not fight with a helicopter and dozens of soldiers in 1975.

Well, I know the war lasted until 1975. Maybe that was a licensed military operation of some sort.

The timeline splits exactly as I described earlier. It's really not that complicated.

The part where Victor is shooting his gun from the helicopter was during the My Lai massacre in 1968.

The other scene where he kills his senior officer which led to him and Logan being gunned down by a firing squad was during the Fall of Saigon in 1975. That moment is when they first meet William Stryker in prison.

The timeline splits exactly as I described earlier. It's really not that complicated.

You've said this before, but where is the evidence? I thought the movie made it clear there was no split timeline, but the original was overwritten. It showed the future mutants disappearing when the travel occurred. If it was supposed to still exist, Kitty wouldn't have disappeared. She'd have been lasered in the face.

Even if it was a split timeline, humans and mutants are both almost extinct in the original, with no hope of life returning. What's the point?

this how I see it.Remeber once Prof.X says the mind is built in layers.
So the way I see it is when the future was altered Wolverine had lived in the new timeline however wheh his current 1973 consicencness came into place it came on a layer on top of those memories.Kind of like when your doing somthin and then the phone rings and then your like..What was i doing?Because that current consciencness layer is on top of the others...Rembr when they said his brain would have to heal and whn Prof.X says we have alot of catching up to do well as Prof.X tells him of his current timeline he will begin remembering and replacing old timeline history with new timeline history as his brain heals...kind of like when you wake up from a dream and and you rember it for the moment but the more you realize its a dream and deal with reality you tend to forget it.
So his brain will be replacing layers as it heals....Either that or he will remmber both timelines but I dont think he can or his brain will constantly repairing itself as two memories will be fight to be in the single memory comparment if that makes sense.

see what I mean?

The part where Victor is shooting his gun from the helicopter was during the My Lai massacre in 1968.

The other scene where he kills his senior officer which led to him and Logan being gunned down by a firing squad was during the Fall of Saigon in 1975. That moment is when they first meet William Stryker in prison.

Thanks dax. I agree this makes the most sense. With a leave from duty in between.

They even couldve been in prison for a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"