X-Men: The Last Stand - Scene By Scene

Halcohol said:
^That's probably the most annoying aspect of the entire movie, Nell. We know for a fact there are/were deleted or alternate takes of scenes that worked much better than their counterparts in the theatrical version. The movie we ALMOST got would've been superior to the movie we did get, and there's really nothing we can do about it :(

Yea, but I think "annoying" is the key word.

Magneto's speeches were better in the trailer. Halle's "No, they can't cure us, and you wanna know why?" is better in the 7 minute preview, when she's interrupting Xavier. There's no "well then, you know what needs to be done" (which I believe turned into the "You know I agree, sir" line after the President states "We can't let him do this", regarding Magneto and his attacks on cure clinics), and many other shots from trailers and TV spots were left out.

But, except for Wolverine's speech to the X-Men, and Rogue getting cured, I don't think the versions of the scenes we got impacted the quality of the film.

To me it is an annoyance, but it doesn't have an effect on the quality of the movie. Quality, which I would state, is pretty high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"