• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Xbox One Games: The Real Meat Around The Bone

What does the Taken King add? Story related stuff?

Gamestop can probably explain it better than me......lol

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/destiny-the-taken-king-legendary-edition/122691
Features Highlights:

• Powerful New Abilities - To battle back the Darkness and the Taken army, players will get brand new subclasses with new supers. Warlocks will now harness the power of an electric storm, Hunters will carve a bow formed from gravitational void energy, and Titans will summon a flaming hammer that can sear their adversaries from a range or deliver a devastating melee impact.
  • New Campaign - A massive Hive Dreadnaught ship looms in the rings of Saturn. Oryx, The Taken King has arrived in our solar system, bringing with him a corrupted army to exact revenge on the Guardians who destroyed his son Crota, and to consume our worlds. Arm yourself with newfound abilities, weapons, and gear. Defeat the Taken hordes. Make your way aboard the Dreadnaught, and face Oryx himself within his inner sanctum.
  • New Locations - The amazing Destiny universe continues to expand - Infiltrate a Cabal base on Phobos, and establish a beachhead on Oryx's flagship - the Dreadnaught - a mysterious, loot-filled fortress. Charge into the Crucible where all-new competitive multiplayer maps await you and your Fireteam.
  • Level Cap Increased and All-New Gear - Fill your arsenal with brand new weapons and armor. Find and collect new, powerful Exotics while continuing to level up in the Destiny universe.
  • New Activities - Adventure through new Strikes featuring powerful bosses, follow more questlines that lead to powerful, new gear and brave the next major Raid to test six-player Fireteams.

btw....is Neverwinter on the X1 free to download and play?

Yes get it. I can play that with you.

Yes get it. I can play that with you.

oh sweet!

I've been wanting to play that game.

but can you play the game solo?

or is it designed to be played with friends?

I've done 50/50. Solo is actually better to learn the game's mechanics and so you can get self sufficient and tough enough to hold your own (not that it's excessively difficult). And then it's a lot of fun to play with friends. Even joining randoms can be really cool. But randoms who are not in your group are varied and some are annoying and can get in the way of your collecting quests, others helpful.

I've done 50/50. Solo is actually better to learn the game's mechanics and so you can get self sufficient and tough enough to hold your own (not that it's excessively difficult). And then it's a lot of fun to play with friends. Even joining randoms can be really cool. But randoms who are not in your group are varied and some are annoying and can get in the way of your collecting quests, others helpful.

ok. thanks!

I'll probably try it out solo first.

Yeah better to play yourself first as you don't learn a lot of important stuff if you're always in a group.
[*]New Campaign - A massive Hive Dreadnaught ship looms in the rings of Saturn. Oryx, The Taken King has arrived in our solar system, bringing with him a corrupted army to exact revenge on the Guardians who destroyed his son Crota, and to consume our worlds. Arm yourself with newfound abilities, weapons, and gear. Defeat the Taken hordes. Make your way aboard the Dreadnaught, and face Oryx himself within his inner sanctum.
This part sounds good. Hope it's decent.

so did they reveal any new info about Crackdown??

did they say if you can create you own character?

As far as I know, this is all they showed from Crackdown 3. Nothing was said about create a character, but I don't think either of the other games had that, so I don't see why one would expect it here.

No reason why Crackdown 1 & 2 should not be part of the first launch titles for Backwards Compatibility as well

As far as I know, this is all they showed from Crackdown 3. Nothing was said about create a character, but I don't think either of the other games had that, so I don't see why one would expect it here.

ah, thanks.

I never played the 1st 2 Crackdown games.

hope we can create or at least customize our characters in 3.

doesn't have to be too deep. something like Sunset Overdrive's character creator would be sufficient.

I'm not the biggest fan of Crackdown. Had fun with the first but quite a low priority series for me.

One of the X1 games I'm most looking forward to getting now that I have an X1 is Ori and the Blindforest.

But it looks like I will wait till the Holidays because it will be getting a "Definitive Edition" later this year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/08/06/gamescom-2015-ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition-announced?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=1&utm_campaign=Blogroll&abthid=55c3bbb8253c9a0f5a000021

Would be nice if it gets a physical disc release, too.

Last edited:
The only reason why I played the first Crackdown, was to get into the Halo 3 beta.

I think that was everyone.. But Crackdown actually ended up being a pretty fun game to boot.

So with Taken King is there likely to be a deal for buying the DLC on one console and getting it free on the other? Just I have friends on both consoles who want to play.

So with Taken King is there likely to be a deal for buying the DLC on one console and getting it free on the other? Just I have friends on both consoles who want to play.

you mean like from the 360 to the X1?

or from the X1 to the PS4?

I doubt the latter, but maybe could see them doing something for the former.

360 & X1.

OBVIOUSLY!! :woot:

360 & X1.

OBVIOUSLY!! :woot:

ah. yeah.

I've seen them do something like that for other games, so I could see them doing that for Taken King.

Didn't they do something similar back when Destiny first released?

or was that just importing/transferring your saved characters?

Yeah that's why I'm asking before I buy. Characters can be transferred in some games only from 360 to X1 and not the other way round while for others it's both ways and others not at all.

Yeah that's why I'm asking before I buy. Characters can be transferred in some games only from 360 to X1 and not the other way round while for others it's both ways and others not at all.

have you been playing Destiny on the 360 or the X1?

X1 but I have a couple of friends who I used to play with all the time who are playing it on 360 so I'll get both. It might be a big disappointment but it's very much a fun game co-op with friends.

X1 but I have a couple of friends who I used to play with all the time who are playing it on 360 so I'll get both. It might be a big disappointment but it's very much a fun game co-op with friends.

ah, ok.

so X1 players can't play against 360 players?

Not as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"