Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

Well, MS is ending production of Xbox One X and the all-digital Xbox One SAD. Will keep producing Xbox One S. Long live the S!!

Microsoft Ends Production on Xbox One X and Xbox One S All-Digital Edition Ahead of Xbox Series X Launch

It's not entirely unexpected, but it is a bit surprising they are ending production now in July when Series X is supposed to be coming Holiday 2020.

Also, it's a bit surprising they would end Xbox One X instead of lowering the price, making the X1X the "base" model, and discontinuing the S model.

However, I do think this reveals that both the X1X and SAD models weren't that big of sellers. Or at least not right now. Otherwise, MS would have kept those models and discontinued the S.

I guess we still won't be seeing the U.I. yet or find out every console app/feature

I guess we still won't be seeing the U.I. yet or find out every console app/feature
Not at this event anyway. It’s probably for the best if that means they have more games to show us, or spend more time on the ones they have.

I'm really looking forward to Thursday now. I really hope there are at least one or 2 games that have a genuine next gen feel (even if it is difficult at this early stage).

Well, I did end up trading in my X1X. when I saw MS discontinuing that model, that was just another writing on the wall that the Xbox One era is winding down as next-gen fast approaches.

My long and winding saga with the Xbox One is officially over.

I just felt there was no point owning the "obsolete" model when it is going to soon be replaced by the new console that will totally outclass it. Especially since Xbox doesn't offer me any must-play exclusives between now and this Holiday. Unlike PS4, which still has games like FF7R, Persona 5, Ghost, etc. So, I still have reason to hang on to my PS4, but no such reason to hang on to my Xbox. But chalk that up to Xbox's failure in the exclusives department this gen.

So, now I've got my trade credit and the funds lined up, ready to preorder either console when preorders go live.

It will be up to the event this Thursday for Xbox to convince me to give it another look for next gen. The Xbox One era didn't exactly give me the best experience, so MS has their work cut out for them to sway me back.

Last edited:
Well I'm hyped. Bring on next gen!

Strangely, I'm not that hyped for either next-gen system. Though I think that's because I'm older and at a different place in my life compared to prior gens. Gaming just isn't the priority in my place that it once was.

Also, I kind of felt this past gen was somewhat of a disappointment. I mean, it still feels like yesterday when they announced the X1 and PS4, and now the gen will be over in just a few months. Nothing this gen really screamed "groundbreaking" or "gen defining" to me, at least.

Like, last gen, we had games like Fallout 3, Mass Effect trilogy, and Dragon Age Origins that just really blew my mind and offered me totally new gaming experiences. Didn't really get that this gen, imo, and the entries in the Fallout, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age series were all especially disappointing to me this gen.

It did give me Persona 5 and FF7R, which I'd say are my 2 top favorite games. So, there's that at least. But those games came late in the gen. And both of those are on PS4. The Xbox side was even more disappointing to me.

It really does feel like MS sacrificed the Xbox One gen to focus on next-gen. Let's hope that gamble pays off, starting with their event this week.

Last edited:
You're always going back and forth about consoles and especially xbox. Just stick to PS or quit gaming already. No matter what they show off at the event, you'll likely consider getting the series x eventually just to end up trading/selling it multiple times and talk about it in here multiple times.

You're always going back and forth about consoles and especially xbox. Just stick to PS or quit gaming already. No matter what they show off at the event, you'll likely consider getting the series x eventually just to end up trading/selling it multiple times and talk about it in here multiple times.
hey!! how'd you figure out my master plan!! :o :oldrazz:

but seriously, that's why I'll probably just stick with PS.

That's cool. I assume that means the PS section too then?

I'll probably be spending more time in the PS section, yes. But there's no law or rule that says you have to be an Xbox owner to post in this section. So if something Xbox related interests me, I'll still post here from time to time.

Strangely, I'm not that hyped for either next-gen system. Though I think that's because I'm older and at a different place in my life compared to prior gens. Gaming just isn't the priority in my place that it once was.

Also, I kind of felt this past gen was somewhat of a disappointment. I mean, it still feels like yesterday when they announced the X1 and PS4, and now the gen will be over in just a few months. Nothing this gen really screamed "groundbreaking" or "gen defining" to me, at least.

It did give me Persona 5 and FF7R, which I'd say are my 2 top favorite games. So, there's that at least. But those games came late in the gen. And both of those are on PS4. The Xbox side was even more disappointing to me.

It really does feel like MS sacrificed the Xbox One gen to focus on next-gen. Let's hope that gamble pays off, starting with their event this week.
This gen was certainly a disappointment in terms of progress for me. Not many new titles that made me think we are seeing a new level of gaming. Hopefully this upcoming one will be better on that front. Even if I stopped playing games altogether I'd still always be really excited for tech updates and shows though as I'm in love with the underlying technology and how it can be used to improve games more and more as time goes on.

This gen was certainly a disappointment in terms of progress for me. Not many new titles that made me think we are seeing a new level of gaming. Hopefully this upcoming one will be better on that front. Even if I stopped playing games altogether I'd still always be really excited for tech updates and shows though as I'm in love with the underlying technology and how it can be used to improve games more and more as time goes on.
yeah. hopefully next gen can bring us new and exciting gaming experiences due to the new tech.

Figures. There's no law or anything but not much point to be a regular anymore. Don't know what you'll consider interesting since you'll just be so mixed on everything. But whatever, anyway..

I don't know about groundbreaking and next level and all that but this gen has brought great games across all 3 consoles. So that's enough for me

^ to each their own then! Hope you enjoy next-gen on Xbox with the Series X.

Speaking of new(or old) experience, I'm on my xbox one right now and damn I miss the dashboard customization from 360. I can use my own gamer pics with the app and that's cool but gamer pics and wallpaper packs on the marketplace were nice

Xbox Series X will have Microsoft’s ‘most diverse collection of first-party games’

Actual quote is:
Xbox Series X will also launch with a major investment in game studios from Microsoft. Over the past two years, the company has added Ninja Theory, Obsidian Entertainment, Undead Labs, inXile Entertainment, and others to its internal stable. It spun up a new studio, The Initiative, to create something still unannounced. It also has the likes of Rare, 343 Industries, and Turn 10 Studios developing original and franchise games for Xbox and PC. The result of that growth is “the most diverse collection of first-party games that we’ve ever had,” Spencer said.

Tomorrow is the day! So close. :cwink:

I hope we get some people in here during the stream like during the PS5 event in the PS5 thread!

so, expectations time. What are some of the things you WANT to see tomorrow?

For me, I want to see:

Fable
At least 1 new 1st party IP
At least 1 new 3rd party exclusive

For 1st party stuff, I guess I'd be most excited for Obsidian's AAA RPG. I'd also be most interested in an exclusive fighting game, be it 1st party or 3rd party exclusive. Killer Instinct 2 of course would fit that bill.

As for a mic drop moment, MS announcing the WB studios acquisition would certainly get my attention.

I just want to see what Halo looks like now, after all this buildup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"