Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

Hopefully it’s a step up above what we’ve seen before in Halo campaigns.

The only disappointing story campaign has been Guardians. Not necessarily bad but Chief was a glorified cameo and I hated Cortana's ark

One thing I really like about Game Pass is that it lets me try out games that I've been wanting to play but never got around to buying. Games like Ace Combat, Bloodstained, Jump Force, etc.

Also, it lets me try out games I never would have bought otherwise. Something like Minecraft Dungeons, for example.

Game Pass is kind of like my own digital Blockbuster rental service........haha.

Can you imagine how handy and valuable this will be when you pick up the Series X and everything is so expensive at the start of a new gen? Even if you didn't buy a single extra game for the Series X, if you had Game Pass, you'd have access to literally hundreds of games to play! Sure, most of that will be games from prior gens, but you'd also have guaranteed access to any new 1st party titles released at Series X launch, like Halo Infinite.

A classic is back and I can't wait to play it on Game Pass for PC. Looks really stunning!

Nice!! Hope Flight Simulator comes to Xbox console soon after. This is perfect example of what Game Pass is for. I can try this game and genre I've never tried before.

One thing I really like about Game Pass is that it lets me try out games that I've been wanting to play but never got around to buying. Games like Ace Combat, Bloodstained, Jump Force, etc.

Also, it lets me try out games I never would have bought otherwise. Something like Minecraft Dungeons, for example.

Game Pass is kind of like my own digital Blockbuster rental service........haha.

Can you imagine how handy and valuable this will be when you pick up the Series X and everything is so expensive at the start of a new gen? Even if you didn't buy a single extra game for the Series X, if you had Game Pass, you'd have access to literally hundreds of games to play! Sure, most of that will be games from prior gens, but you'd also have guaranteed access to any new 1st party titles released at Series X launch, like Halo Infinite.
Yeah, it’s great and the value of it will improve the more first party titles come out over the years.

When getting the Series S or X, I'll pick up an Ultimate Gamepass subscription card and bam..Access to Halo: Infinite, tons of old games to keep playing as an option and wait for next gen game upgrades that I already own..for free!

When getting the Series S or X, I'll pick up an Ultimate Gamepass subscription card and bam..Access to Halo: Infinite, tons of old games to keep playing as an option and wait for next gen game upgrades that I already own..for free!
yes. though, technically it's not free as you have to pay for Game Pass.

but still, all it takes is 2 or 3 full price titles available on Game Pass to make it worth it. This will even more true if the standard next-gen price increases to $70.

Yeah, it’s great and the value of it will improve the more first party titles come out over the years.
it will improve more if MS can get more big 3rd party titles on Game Pass shortly after launch.

yes. though, technically it's not free as you have to pay for Game Pass.

but still, all it takes is 2 or 3 full price titles available on Game Pass to make it worth it. This will even more true if the standard next-gen price increases to $70.

I meant the game upgrades. I own GTA V and will own games like Marvel's Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077 and maybe Assassin's Creed: Valhalla . Thus, I'll get the next gen versions by smart delivery or whatever it's being called

I meant the game upgrades. I own GTA V and will own games like Marvel's Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077 and maybe Assassin's Creed: Valhalla . Thus, I'll get the next gen versions by smart delivery or whatever it's being called
ah yes. Smart Delivery. that's another nice feature.

Though, that makes you wonder. How will the next-gen version of games that support free upgrades via Smart Delivery, like Halo Infinite and Cyberpunk, be priced?

Will those game still be priced at $70? That wouldn't make much sense if you could simply buy the X1 version for $60 then upgrade for free via Smart Delivery.

It will be interesting to get the prices on those type of games. Does that mean some next-gen games will cost $70 while others will still cost $60?

I'm assuming next gen games will be $70 while new xbox one games will be $60 but go on sale even faster

it will improve more if MS can get more big 3rd party titles on Game Pass shortly after launch.
I’d rather they go all in for first party as those games can stay on there forever. I do t know how it would work for third party deals.

I’d rather they go all in for first party as those games can stay on there forever. I do t know how it would work for third party deals.
1st party should be the priority, but that doesn't mean they can neglect the 3rd party deals.

I'd imagine most 3rd parties wouldn't want their games on Game Pass day one, especially the big games from the big studios. But MS could work a deal with them to get some of those games, say 3-4 months after launch on Game Pass.

1st party should be the priority, but that doesn't mean they can neglect the 3rd party deals.

I'd imagine most 3rd parties wouldn't want their games on Game Pass day one, especially the big games from the big studios. But MS could work a deal with them to get some of those games, say 3-4 months after launch on Game Pass.
Oh deals for gamepass sure (for games that also come out on other platforms like GTA). I was talking about exclusivity deals like SF5 or Tomb Raider. Those are sticking plasters and not what I want to be the focus. Every new big first party game could be a series that last forever with no deals needed.

Oh deals for gamepass sure (for games that also come out on other platforms like GTA). I was talking about exclusivity deals like SF5 or Tomb Raider. Those are sticking plasters and not what I want to be the focus. Every new big first party game could be a series that last forever with no deals needed.
I don't disagree.

But I think that MS/Xbox needs those major 3rd party deals, too, in addition to a stronger 1st party lineup. That's another area that has been sorely lacking during the X1 gen. And I doubt Sony will stop making plays for big 3rd party deals for the PS5; they already showed that off in their event with stull like Project Athia from Square Enix or Godfall as presumably a launch title.

So, Xbox needs to be more aggressive in this area, too. A 3rd party console exclusive (even if it comes to PC) is still an exclusive deal nonetheless. For every new 1st party franchise Xbox reveals at their event next week, all Sony has to do is counter with several more 3rd party deals. And boom, more exclusives for the PS5.

As I've said before in other threads, 3rd party exclusive deals are just as important as 1st party titles. And maybe even more so. For me, most of the Playstation exclusives this gen that I've really cared about have been 3rd party, not 1st party.

In all honesty, I have less excitement for 1st party stuff like Horizon or God of War than I do for 3rd party exclusives like Persona 5 and Final Fantasy VII Remake. And if PS5 will continue to get major 3rd party deals for next gen, while Series X still lags behind on that front, then that gives me more reason to choose PS5 over Series X, no matter how awesome the July Xbox event is next week.

I don't really care about xCloud. But as long as Game Pass Ultimate doesn't increase in price because of this, that means Game Pass will offer even more value!
I don't expect a price rise for years. They want global penetration with this and are throwing everything at it to make it the best possible deal.

Nice!! This is what I wanted to hear them confirm once and for all. Hopefully, by launch, they will be able to deliver on this intent. And hopefully, they will restart the BC process to add more 360 and OG Xbox games.
Yes. This is a good sign for future/lifetime BC. Hopefully all future machines can play everything that the XSX can play (ie all X1 and many 360 and more OG games).

Yes. This is a good sign for future/lifetime BC. Hopefully all future machines can play everything that the XSX can play (ie all X1 and many 360 and more OG games).
Yeah. I expect MS/Xbox to continue with this. They've made it a strong selling point of their console.

Anyways, one week away from the July show!!

The showcase better involve a lot gameplay besides for Halo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"