Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

We need the July date asap!
yes. much like how I felt about the leadup to the Sony event, I just want confirmation of a date and time and I want to get the event out of the way.

Feel like I can't make a true final decision regarding next-gen until both companies lay all their cards on the table. And that includes pricing and actual launch lineup.

Neither company has fully laid out all their cards yet. But obviously, the ball is back in MS' court.

Last edited:
yes. much like how I felt about the leadup to the Sony event, I just confirmation of a date and time and I want to get the event out of the way.

Feel like I can't make a true final decision regarding next-gen until both companies lay all their cards on the table. And that includes pricing and actual launch lineup.

Neither company has fully laid out all their cards yet. But obviously, the ball is back in MS' court.
Yes, price is key as well. No matter how good one console is against another if one is double the price it changes things again. There really needs to be some big new exclusive games at this show. They should be aiming for the top like God of War and Uncharted or they may as well roll over. I do hope to see Halo pushing things much further than we’ve seen to date. That game needs to take advantage of the system’s specs as much as possible for an early gen game, given it’s their leading exclusive.

Yes, price is key as well. No matter how good one console is against another if one is double the price it changes things again. There really needs to be some big new exclusive games at this show. They should be aiming for the top like God of War and Uncharted or they may as well roll over. I do hope to see Halo pushing things much further than we’ve seen to date. That game needs to take advantage of the system’s specs as much as possible for an early gen game, given it’s their leading exclusive.
I agree. And not only exclusives, but they have to have robust 3rd party support. They can't afford to miss out on the next Street Fighter, for example. Yeah, Sony and Switch may get the niche JDev anime fighters. But for mainstay franchises like Street Fighter, there is simply no excuse.

And Xbox NEEDS AAA 3rd party exclusives, too. Not just AA or indy games. Sony showed Square Enix's Project Athia. Xbox needs to showcase something similar. A major 3rd party title developed exclusively for Xbox. In the past, they had stuff like KOTOR, Mass Effect 1, and even the 1st Bioshock game, I believe. Those all started out as Xbox exclusives. They need big 3rd party games like that again.

Speaking of exclusives, looks like the Initiative's new game is action adventure with photorealistic graphics, and this will be at the July event apparently.

This sounds more like a GOW/Horizon/Uncharted style game in terms of "quality level." They need more of this. Not just for 2021 and beyond, but there needs to be a few more exclusives this Holiday at launch besides Halo.

It definitely feels like MS/Xbox has their backs against the wall. And it really feels like all that Spencer has been working towards the past 4-5 years is leading up to this moment. That's why it does feel like this is a make-or-break, do-or-die moment for Xbox. Hopefully, they are all keenly aware of that.

Because if they drop the ball again and if they repeat the May event and even the last few E3s, then they will have lost the battle before next gen has even started. They will lose the perception war and fans like myself who WANT to give Xbox another chance.

There can be no more "wait till next year, wait till next E3." It feels like we have been hearing that for the past 4 or 5 years or so.

No, the time for team Xbox is NOW!

speaking of price, if MS can somehow deliver the Series X at that rumored $400 price, that would be HUGE. I'm still skeptical, but if they can do that, it would definitely put pressure on Sony to at least match that price. And somehow, I don't think either company wants to go below $400 for their main, flagship consoles. That's what the Digital only PS5 and the Series S/Lockhart consoles will be for.

either way, a lower price for high powered consoles is good news for us consumers, especially in the current economic environment.

Oh, I really hope to see a modern Perfect Dark on PC. :mrk:

Oh, I really hope to see a modern Perfect Dark on PC. :mrk:

I don't know if Greenberg is just being coy, because both a Fable reboot and a Perfect Dark reboot have been long-rumored projects.

But, if he's not being coy and really means don't get your hopes up, that's part of the frustration I've had with Xbox. He's confirming that both Fable and Perfect Dark are Xbox ips, and yet they are NOT BEING UTILIZED! They are sitting on all these ips but they aren't using any of them.

Just imagine what the landscape would have been like if Xbox One got BOTH a Fable reboot and Perfect Dark reboot and they were both critically acclaimed exclusives like Sony had with Horizon and God of War. And now, with Series X, they can tease Fable 2 and Perfect Dark 2.

Things could have been so much different with the Xbox One era if they had properly utilized their dormant ips or had created brand new ones and continued to support those new ips to turn them into franchises.

Xbox July 2020 event expectations: Games, event date, and more

Microsoft thus far hasn't given a timeline for the July event, but multiple sources with knowledge of Microsoft's plans suggest that it will fall around the week of July 20.

I have seen some suggestions that it may have been originally planned for earlier in the month, but our current information suggests that it will go live a little later on at least as of writing. I think it's safe to expect it on a weekday as well, rather than the weekend, making it anywhere between July 20 and July 25. Of course, plans can shift and change, especially given what's going on in the world right now, but this is our best information as of writing.

This teams sounds awesome:

Microsoft's new Santa Monica studio boasts some incredibly impressive industry talent, including the writer of Red Dead Redemption, and the level designer from God of War, led by former Tomb Raider boss Darrel Gallagher. What this all-star developer is working on is anyone's guess at this point, but much like the Halo footage, we've been told to expect great things from this studio.

I'm not sure I trust Naughty Dog as much anymore after how they handled TLOU2 and all the BTS stuff at the studio, but yes, MS does need studios to output "high quality" AAA games on the level of TLOU2, Ghost, Horizon, God of War, Spider-Man, etc.

It can't be all Sea of Thieves, Crackdown, State of Decay quality level at Xbox. The Ori games are high quality for sure but even those aren't exactly AAA level. Xbox desperately needs AAA exclusives of its own.

That Fable Legends game that they were talking about before the X1 launch looked really good to me. I hope they show us a new Fable with an extra generation of improvement (and that actually gets made!).

That Fable Legends game that they were talking about before the X1 launch looked really good to me. I hope they show us a new Fable with an extra generation of improvement (and that actually gets made!).
It did look good and it was a shame it got cancelled (and the whole studio shut down).

However, even with Fable Legends, that still looked and felt more like a Sea of Thieves type game - AA quality, multiplayer focused. Not a AAA single-player RPG experience.

Fable Legends could have been a nice fun spin-off game, but they needed that mainline AAA Fable game. Fable should be the Zelda of the Xbox.

Last edited:
That's probably one reason but I kinda doubt it's the only reason. Seems I'll continue being subscribed to EA Access and Gamepass as planned and buying even less new games a year

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"