Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

PS5 and XsX size comparison:

EaTFnUvXQAImwqT

really hope the July event is earlier in July rather than later.

There needs to be a fair number of big, new, impressive games announced in July. That is a must. On price Microsoft need to undercut or at worst match the PS5 coming from a disadvantageous position. I don’t see the problem with going first on price as no one is going to complain if you then later reduce that price.

That would be an insane pricing strategy if true. Especially since Series X has the power advantage too.
I think they need it. I’d also heard even cheaper but with commitments to game pass. I can see Sony going as low as 400 too though if Xbox did. My expectation has always been between 399-500 for both unless additional commitments are included. It feels like both console manufacturers could be taking a heavy loss on units sold on the hope of making back much more in future associated revenue, especially as things keep moving even further digital and more subscription-based.

Xbox is also doing a digital console version and it's rumored to only be $200? That price is too good to be true. Series X being $400 is also kinda surprising but I can see it happening

Xbox is also doing a digital console version and it's rumored to only be $200? That price is too good to be true. Series X being $400 is also kinda surprising but I can see it happening
Yeah, although the digital console will also be weaker as well as being digital only. The digital PS5 I believe has the same specs as the regular PS5.

Yeah, although the digital console will also be weaker as well as being digital only. The digital PS5 I believe has the same specs as the regular PS5.

What kind of differences? Is it going to be a smaller white box? I've seeing it around the net

What kind of differences? Is it going to be a smaller white box? I've seeing it around the net
It just won't have the same powerhouse specs as the regular Series X. So won't have as high frame rates at the same resolution for eg.

The average consumer might not know that though. They might just look at the price difference between the all digital Ps5 and all digital Series X and think the Ps5 is way overpriced.

A shame and will likely happen. There should be a little paper with the specs in every store like at Best Buy when looking at electronics

A shame and will likely happen. There should be a little paper with the specs in every store like at Best Buy when looking at electronics
even if there is, I don't think it's going to immediately click for everybody. It's not as simple as buying a tv where all you need to know is 4K vs. 1080p or OLED vs QLED etc. etc, with the specs written in front of the on-display models. The price will be the first and (for most) last thing people will see when making a decision on which digital console to get.

even if there is, I don't think it's going to immediately click for everybody. It's not as simple as buying a tv where all you need to know is 4K vs. 1080p or OLED vs QLED etc. etc, with the specs written in front of the on-display models. The price will be the first and (for most) last thing people will see when making a decision on which digital console to get.
also, console sales are driven in part by parents buying them for their kids. Parents aren't always the most tech savvy group, either. So, yeah, price will be a big factor.

also, console sales are driven in part by parents buying them for their kids. Parents aren't always the most tech savvy group, either. So, yeah, price will be a big factor.
It's funny you mention that because at this point, some parent's actually might tech savvy given throughout the last twenty years, hundreds of millions of consoles have been sold and chances are, those kids who had them have now become parents themselves

It's funny you mention that because at this point, some parent's actually might tech savvy given throughout the last twenty years, hundreds of millions of consoles have been sold and chances are, those kids who had them have now become parents themselves
true.

I check out some streams once in a while. I go into it every day because of Microsoft Rewards but close it right away.

I don't even know what the fxck Mixer was supposed to be. This week was like the first I've heard of it
Mixer was their answer to Twitch, their own platform for online game streaming. It was also heavily integrated into the Xbox One Dashboard, given that it had its own tab. Branding wise, it also matched Xbox given that MiXer has an X in its name.

Also, during events like Inside Xbox, they often gave Xbox account holders incentive to login while watching the show with rewards and such. That was about the only time I used it......haha.

Still, this is yet another example of how MS tends to ditch things that are underperforming, especially if they aren't part of their core services (Windows, Office, etc.). Things like Zune player or Windows Phone. And now Mixer.

They even just spent big $$$ recently wooing top-name streamers to Mixer. and now they shutter it.

Mixer was their answer to Twitch, their own platform for online game streaming. It was also heavily integrated into the Xbox One Dashboard, given that it had its own tab. Branding wise, it also matched Xbox given that MiXer has an X in its name.

Also, during events like Inside Xbox, they often gave Xbox account holders incentive to login while watching the show with rewards and such. That was about the only time I used it......haha.

Still, this is yet another example of how MS tends to ditch things that are underperforming, especially if they aren't part of their core services (Windows, Office, etc.). Things like Zune player or Windows Phone. And now Mixer.

They even just spent big $$$ recently wooing top-name streamers to Mixer. and now they shutter it.
I dunno if Facebook Gaming will be a successful alternative. Twitch is like the de facto platform for video game streaming. Even non-gamers have heard or know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"