Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

Did a planned Monster Energy contest just reveal the price of the Series X?

Xbox Series X Price Possibly Leaked

Based on that, it may suggest the Series X will be $599.99 or $600.00!

Somehow, I'm not sure how much I buy this, because I think that price point would pretty much guarantee the Series X is DOA, especially now that there is no Halo at launch.

That could be a placeholder but seriously yikes if thats $600. I don't think thats an even negotiable price, as Xb1 didn't sell that very well especially in international markets, and if its $600 in the U.S.,it would be much more expensive overseas. While Xbox One players might not upgrade so soon especially most of the Series X games are also available in Xbox 1 and Halo is delayed.

If it’s $600 it’s going to fail big time.
Yep. Even the PS5, with its greater momentum and market/mind share, will struggle at that price, imo. Especially in this economic environment and especially since neither platform is offering that must-have killer app to own at launch.

Forza games are always gorgeous.
They are. Which is why it's a shame a Forza game isn't launching with the Series X and that Forza Motorsport is still in early development and thus years off it seems.

If those FH5 pics are legit, then FH5 should have been shown off at the July event and ideally should have been ready as a launch title. Especially now with Halo delayed, a new Forza Horizon game at launch could have helped soften the blow.

Just imagine the launch lineup looked like this:

Forza Horizon 5
Killer Instinct 2
Avowed (as a surprise launch title)
Gears Tactics
Flight Sim
Medium
Scorn
Cyberpunk
AC

Even without Halo, that would be a fairly strong 1st party and 3rd party launch lineup, with a good mix of games. The Series X would be in a much stronger position at launch, and that lineup would even get me interested.

Announcing those titles as the launch lineup would have been the series of "mic drop" moments I had been expecting at that July event. But.....alas.......as is so often the case with Xbox, the reality is far less satisfying than the ideal I want. :(

Yes it's available today. It'll be on XSX later this year or in 2021.
Oh I didn’t realise it was coming out on XSX too. Cool! Although this does feel like something that would suit pc more. I’ll likely play this one on pc.

I'm surprised Flight Simulator wasn't shown at the July event, running on a Series X, as it would have been a graphical showcase to demonstrate the power of the new console.

But, I guess I understand why, as Flight Simulator isn't exactly the most "exciting" title to show off and it is an extremely niche title. Besides, it's not like they showed off anything else running on the Series X. :o :oldrazz:

I'm surprised Flight Simulator wasn't shown at the July event, running on a Series X, as it would have been a graphical showcase to demonstrate the power of the new console.

But, I guess I understand why, as Flight Simulator isn't exactly the most "exciting" title to show off and it is an extremely niche title. Besides, it's not like they showed off anything else running on the Series X. :o :oldrazz:
Microsoft should give perks/bonuses to people who play on both pc through Windows and pc gamepass as well as on XSX. They could really do a lot more with this as it is great being able to link your pc games with your console history and friends.

Microsoft should give perks/bonuses to people who play on both pc through Windows and pc gamepass as well as on XSX. They could really do a lot more with this as it is great being able to link your pc games with your console history and friends.
well, one perk could be to bring more PC games to the Xbox console. Which would also mean no PC exclusives that never get released on console. Or, games like Flight Simulator or Gears Tactic that get released on PC first then ported to console later. Stop treating Xbox console owners like 2nd-class citizens compared to PC.

Another perk would be making online mutli-player free on console, as it is on PC, especially if you want to encourage more cross-play. That's another example of how PC gets treated better than console.

well, one perk could be to bring more PC games to the Xbox console. Which would also mean no PC exclusives that never get released on console. Or, games like Flight Simulator or Gears Tactic that get released on PC first then ported to console later. Stop treating Xbox console owners like 2nd-class citizens compared to PC.

Another perk would be making online mutli-player free on console, as it is on PC, especially if you want to encourage more cross-play. That's another example of how PC gets treated better than console.
I would say PC players are the ones considered second-class citizens compared to console players. Sony recently allowed a mediocre port of one their flagship titles on PC which is a reminder of fiascos like Arkham Knight which was so buggy that WB had to remove it from Steam until the major issues were sorted out.

As for paying to play online, yeah, I never quite understood that. It's like if Apple or Samsung had a paid subscription to send SMS messages from their smartphones.

I would say PC players are the ones considered second-class citizens compared to console players. Sony recently allowed a mediocre port of one their flagship titles on PC which is a reminder of fiascos like Arkham Knight which was so buggy that WB had to remove it from Steam until the major issues were sorted out.

As for paying to play online, yeah, I never quite understood that. It's like if Apple or Samsung had a paid subscription to send SMS messages from their smartphones.
well, I was speaking more about PC vs Xbox and how it seems, as of late, that PC is getting "more" content compared to Xbox when supposedly both are part of the same ecosystem according to MS.

Like, there are no true Xbox console exclusives anymore since they all seem to release day and date on PC. So, technically, if you owned a gaming PC, there's no real reason why you'd need to get an Xbox console.

And yet, as a PC owner, you still get access to exclusives that don't release on Xbox or get games like Flight or Gears Tactic first before console. You also get access to games on Steam, like Street Fighter V or Blazblue Cross Tag, which also released on PS4 and/or Switch, but not Xbox.

So, in terms of content, you have access to more on your PC, while Xbox seems to be constantly left behind.

Is free online gaming a rumor for the series x or just what people want? Would be nice if both consoles went free again like PS3

Many more pc games on console would be a big deal. For certain game types I’m not sure why it can’t be done.

Is free online gaming a rumor for the series x or just what people want? Would be nice if both consoles went free again like PS3
It was mainly what people wanted. Though, MS discontinuing the option to buy 12 month Gold subs helped fuel speculation, which fueled Youtube videos about the topic, etc.

but yes, I'd love for the return of free multiplayer. That was one of the things that attracted me to the PS3. And it was one reason why, after getting a PS3 a year later than the 360, the PS3 became my main console and I used my 360 less and less over time. Especially for fighting games, which is where the free multiplayer on PS3 really appealed to me.

All that talking and it doesn't look much different than how it is now. Not even talk about customization

Looks like Wasteland 3 is getting good reviews!

Obsidian and inExile could really turn out to be the crown jewels of the newly acquired Xbox studios.

Also, according to Jeff Grubb, Initiative's new game may be a 3rd person shooter that has something to do with the Perfect Dark, but may not be Perfect Dark exactly or use the same characters or universe.

IDK......why not just simply make a new Perfect Dark game? Elevate Joana Dark as an iconic female protag, up there with Lara Croft, who will be associated with Xbox. If done right, a 3rd person shooter/stealth game could turn into Xbox's own Metal Gear Solid like franchise.

Guess we shall see. Whatever it is, I do hope it's 3rd person and not another 1st person shooter. Already a bit disappointed that Avowed is 1st person like Skyrim. But, 1st person Avowed compliments the 3rd person Pillars game, since I guess they are set in the same universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"