Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

Looks like Wasteland 3 is getting good reviews!

Obsidian and inExile could really turn out to be the crown jewels of the newly acquired Xbox studios.
Microsoft could potentially become the top western RPG publisher.

Fable... which will be out in about 2 or so years.

Been going through some of the gamecon 2020 vids. I am curious, is Xbox supposed to show any gameplay on the console itself.. at all? I have to admit the Ratchet & Clank for the PS5 looks pretty good. I wish MS could promote their console as well as Sony does.

I know it is supposed to be the superior console and I will still be getting it, but this lack of gameplay of ANY game makes me wonder.

MS is good at showing games and being vague about them, but if you read between the lines all the top end games are years away.

I didn't think waiting for those MS exclusives would bother me but it kinda does and especially now with Halo: Infinite delayed until sometime next yesr. So it's a reason I've decided to try to wait going next gen until price drops or upgraded hardware. I bet the Series X Elite or whatever it'll be named will come out when Fable or some other major first party releases.

Fable... which will be out in about 2 or so years.

Been going through some of the gamecon 2020 vids. I am curious, is Xbox supposed to show any gameplay on the console itself.. at all? I have to admit the Ratchet & Clank for the PS5 looks pretty good. I wish MS could promote their console as well as Sony does.

I know it is supposed to be the superior console and I will still be getting it, but this lack of gameplay of ANY game makes me wonder.

MS is good at showing games and being vague about them, but if you read between the lines all the top end games are years away.
yeah. It is quite shocking that we have seen basically NO actual Series X gameplay just a few months out from the console launch. It's also frankly quite concerning, especially if you are an Xbox fan who was looking to upgrade to the Series X this holiday. It's like they aren't even trying to sell us on the Series X console. It's all about Game Pass.

And, as you said, all of their "big" titles are at least several years away, maybe even more. Even with Halo, they are asking us to Wait for next year. Wait 2 or 3 more years for Avowed, Everwild, Fable, and the next Forza Motorsport.

Wait for next event.

Wait for next E3.

Wait for the games we didn't show you.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait..........

Sadly, for the past 3 or 4 years or so, it feels like that's all we've been doing on Xbox in regards to big exclusive titles. We've been waiting, and now we're asked to Wait some more.

I know that for myself, I got tired of waiting and being asked to wait some more. That's why, after the July show, I just don't think I can stay interested in Xbox anymore. Yes, stuff like Avowed and Fable interest me, but all that good stuff is years down the road. I don't think I can wait that long anymore, especially as Sony will most likely NOT stand idly by.

So, over the next few years, as I WAIT for those big exclusive Xbox games, I'll be further entrenched into the PS5 ecosystem, and thus less likely to get the Series X in the future, as I really only want to buy one next-gen console.

I didn't think waiting for those MS exclusives would bother me but it kinda does and especially now with Halo: Infinite delayed until sometime next yesr. So it's a reason I've decided to try to wait going next gen until price drops or upgraded hardware. I bet the Series X Elite or whatever it'll be named will come out when Fable or some other major first party releases.
hey. I don't blame you. At the very least, wait until next year when Halo drops.

At least the PS5 has some early titles to look forward to. Miles Morales and Godfall are likely launch titles. Ratchet will be a "launch window" title. Kena looks like an early title, as well. And Guilty Gears Strive is slated for early 2021. And Gotham Knights is coming out next year, too.

I know Kena, Guilty Gears, and Gotham Knights aren't strictly next-gen titles, but if I'm going to get those games, then I'd want to get them for PS5.

So, for me, with Ratchet, Kena, and Guilty Gears, and Gotham Knights a bit later on, there are just enough early titles within the 1st year to get me interested in the PS5 in the near term. Though nothing that I truly feel is a day-one must-have title, just yet.

Frankly, after watching the 1st night of Gamescom, and seeing the BTS video for Dragon Age 4, I feel like THAT is the 1st "big" next-gen game that I'm really excited for and interested in. However, that game seems like it is at least a few years off. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Dragon Age 4 comes out around the same time as Fable or Avowed.

Can I wait until then to get a PS5? Maybe. But I don't think I'll be able to hold out THAT long. I don't have the willpower you have........lol.

If not this Holiday, then I think I can wait until at least early 2021 when games like Ratchet, Gears, and Kena have been released (or have firm release dates announced).

My will power is not all that strong but can at least wait until post launch. Gotham Knights would be a good first big title to have or Spider-Man: Miles Morales as well if I go with PS5. Gotham Knights isn't next gen exclusive but probably has more effort to it than early next gen upgrade versions

My will power is not all that strong but can at least wait until post launch. Gotham Knights would be a good first big title to have or Spider-Man: Miles Morales as well if I go with PS5. Gotham Knights isn't next gen exclusive but probably has more effort to it than early next gen upgrade versions
true.

And I forgot about Horizon 2 Forbidden West, which I believe they said is aiming for a 2021 release. However, I'm expecting that to be late/Holiday 2021, so not exactly an early title. But, still, if Horizon 2 is a 2021 title, then that will prob be PS5's big title next year, to go against Halo as Xbox's big title.

So, at the very least, I guess one could wait for either Horizon 2 or Halo Infinite next year before upgrading to the respective console.

Microsoft could potentially become the top western RPG publisher.
I hope they are aiming for that as those are my favourite kinds of single player games.

I've only played the first Wasteland. I need to catch up with 2 and 3 does look awesome

What kind of game is Wasteland?

What kind of game is Wasteland?
Tactical turn-based RPG set in a post-apoc world. Think original Fallout games + XCOM with party members.

Here's a combat gameplay in the early game to give you an idea:

Tactical turn-based RPG set in a post-apoc world. Think original Fallout games + XCOM with party members.

Here's a combat gameplay in the early game to give you an idea:

Nice, thanks. I think I’d enjoy that.

Has anybody else gotten a message on XBox with a code for a $5 gift card in the last couple of weeks? I'm weary of things like this being a scam so I thought I would ask before redeeming the code.

As for the XBox Series X the first game I'm going to play is Witcher 3. I don't care if it's the XBox One version of the next gen version. Even if for some reason I go with a PlayStation 5, Witcher 3 will still be the first game I play.

There is one next gen game that looks interesting but I can't remember the name. It's a fantasy RPG I believe. I think Cyber Pink looks good but I'm not sure if it'll be my cup of tea.

While only a handful of game seem interesting to me right now, I'm also the same person who didn't expect to own more than a few games when I got My One S. I now own 25 or so, maybe even closer to 30. The Game Pass games I have installed gets me confused on the exact number.

should have held my tongue. not that I am interested in the Series S, but it is allegedly $300

Last edited:
$299 for the Series S is a good price point. However, since it appears to be digital only, I don't have real interest in it. If it had a disc drive, at the very least, I could use it as a secondary 4k player for another room.

And $499 for the Series X is what I expected and if that's true, then it is better than the rumored (and frankly suicidal) $599. Still, I was kind of hoping for a surprise $399 price point.

Hopefully with MS already forced to confirm the Series S (worst kept secret...lol) this means they will reveal all the remaining info about both consoles that they have been holding back. And then once MS goes first, Sony can go.......lol.

The waiting game has gone on long enough.

$499 is fine. Good to have it confirmed.

$499 is fine. Good to have it confirmed.
well, that part hasn't been officially confirmed yet.......lol. Though it's likely.

Also, with the Series S at $299, then I expect them to drop the Xbox One S down to $249 or even $199 at this point.

Since they are keeping the X1S, and it is the weakest of the new lineup, then it should be the cheapest, though it does have a disc drive.

Last edited:
$499 is fine. But more importantly I wonder if they can guarantee adequate availability so I can actually get one on November 10.

Sony's shenanigans making people apply for approval to have a chance to preprder is a crock of ****, and I dont want Microsoft to mimic that nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"