Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

So IGN (I believe) got an actual console, but they are not allowed to show the UI or Gameplay. Seems odd to me for a console that has already had its pre sale and is released in under 2 months.

What is there to hide. Seems like they are still working on software issues perhaps. Ya I ordered mine as sure... it has to be ..working...right? :) I just have to shake my head at this super secrecy of not showing any gameplay. maybe they want to do it themselves.

Also, the memory expansion $220 U.S. Yikes... I will just be slapping a USB external to flip out series X games to the internal storage when I want to play them and play most of my non-series x games from the external. Maybe in a year I will justify spending almost the same amount of a Series S for a memory card lol

So IGN (I believe) got an actual console, but they are not allowed to show the UI or Gameplay. Seems odd to me for a console that has already had its pre sale and is released in under 2 months.

What is there to hide. Seems like they are still working on software issues perhaps. Ya I ordered mine as sure... it has to be ..working...right? :) I just have to shake my head at this super secrecy of not showing any gameplay. maybe they want to do it themselves.

Also, the memory expansion $220 U.S. Yikes... I will just be slapping a USB external to flip out series X games to the internal storage when I want to play them and play most of my non-series x games from the external. Maybe in a year I will justify spending almost the same amount of a Series S for a memory card lol
Just like with movies, they're most certainly embargo'd for marketing reasons.

The Verge, ArsTechnica and Geoff Keighley also got their hands on the console. Hopefully we'll get those impressions soon.

They need all the chances at positive publicity they can get given how well received the PS5 demo was

so is it true that there won't be anymore preorder stock until launch Nov 10?

that means anyone who missed out on that brief preorder window this past Tuesday is SOL until launch? :(

so is it true that there won't be anymore preorder stock until launch Nov 10?

that means anyone who missed out on that brief preorder window this past Tuesday is SOL until launch? :(
My local GAME said nothing till Xmas lol.

my GS knows nothing, I only knew about the 2nd wave of PS5 cause I follow Xbox and Playstation's social media. I am hoping they will have another round of them before launch. I still think it is crappy to only offer so few batches for pre order I can understand them being small at launch (remember when Sony cut the PS2 shipments from 1m to 500k at the last minute?). I always thought the idea with pre orders was so the companies would know how many to make for shipments to the stores that did said preorders?

my GS knows nothing, I only knew about the 2nd wave of PS5 cause I follow Xbox and Playstation's social media. I am hoping they will have another round of them before launch. I still think it is crappy to only offer so few batches for pre order I can understand them being small at launch (remember when Sony cut the PS2 shipments from 1m to 500k at the last minute?). I always thought the idea with pre orders was so the companies would know how many to make for shipments to the stores that did said preorders?
yeah. I'm questioning this "small-supply" strategy if it's true (and it seems like it is, at least at Gamestop). Especially if the next batch really isn't until launch or later. And if your competition (Sony) is releasing batches periodically up until launch (like with Gamestop yesterday).

Even if you wanted to preorder the Series X, you may not be able to do it. But you might have a better chance preordering the PS5 instead if Sony releases additional waves of preorders. And if you are able to preorder the PS5 first, then you are less likely to spend another $300-$500 on the Series X/S.

Hopefully, for those that want to preorder the Series X/S, they release more waves of preorders before launch.

Last edited:
that's not good. :(

hope you have luck securing a preorder.
To be fair I am really busy for the rest of the year and haven’t even turned on my Xbox or new gaming pc for months. I have years worth of catching up to do on games but I’m really looking forward to getting the work out of the way and getting involved in next gen on console and pc.

To be fair I am really busy for the rest of the year and haven’t even turned on my Xbox or new gaming pc for months. I have years worth of catching up to do on games but I’m really looking forward to getting the work out of the way and getting involved in next gen on console and pc.
haha.......that's understandable. in due time, then, you'll get your Series X when you're ready.

I've been busy too and haven't turned on my PS4 much either. Feels like I've kind of been in a "holding" pattern waiting for these new consoles these past few months.

Can't wait for the Digital Foundry deep dive videos.

Series X 1TB only 800gb of usable space.

Xbox Series X Internal SSD Has 802 GB of Usable Space

That's a fairly sizable chunk taken out. Does this mean the Series S will only have around 300gb of usable space??!!

I wonder if the PS5 will be comparable, meaning the 825gb internal will only be around 600gb? That's definitely an ouch.

Series X 1TB only 800gb of usable space.

Xbox Series X Internal SSD Has 802 GB of Usable Space

That's a fairly sizable chunk taken out. Does this mean the Series S will only have around 300gb of usable space??!!

I wonder if the PS5 will be comparable, meaning the 825gb internal will only be around 600gb? That's definitely an ouch.
Tiny. I was used to 2TB 2 gens before this when games were much smaller! SSD comes with massive advantages but the price size ratio is understandably much worse.

Tiny. I was used to 2TB 2 gens before this when games were much smaller! SSD comes with massive advantages but the price size ratio is understandably much worse.
yeah. that's why the cost of the expandable ssd storage will be the "hidden" cost of these next-gen consoles. Will just have to do more transferring back and forth between external hdd and internal ssd.

but at least the Series X has a 1tb internal to start with. This is going to make the PS5's odd 825 size look even more curious.

Hopefully, Sony can be more efficient with their OS size. Otherwise, I'm going to be a tad irked if the PS5 only has around 600gb of usable space. That would make it feel essentially like 500gbs.

sigh........

yeah. that's why the cost of the expandable ssd storage will be the "hidden" cost of these next-gen consoles. Will just have to do more transferring back and forth between external hdd and internal ssd.

but at least the Series X has a 1tb internal to start with. This is going to make the PS5's odd 825 size look even more curious.

Hopefully, Sony can be more efficient with their OS size. Otherwise, I'm going to be a tad irked if the PS5 only has around 600gb of usable space. That would make it feel essentially like 500gbs.

sigh........
The PS5 drive is full size 825GB? Before taking off OS? Everyone on both consoles is going to be struggling for space next gen.

The PS5 drive is full size 825GB? Before taking off OS? Everyone on both consoles is going to be struggling for space next gen.
yes. that's what they announced in their initial Cerny tech presentation.

PS5 SSD storage, from hard drive size and speed to expanded and external storage options, explained.

825gb just seems like a weird random number. And I'm assuming that's BEFORE you factor in the OS size, which would mean less than 825gb usable. Of course, it could be a place surprise if that 825gb number is AFTER you take out the OS. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

so from what I'm gathering from these early hands-on impressions is that the Series X benefits are much faster load times and smoother frame rates for game performance. Also, built-in enhancements for the BC games not even optimized for the Series X. Which is certainly a nice plus.

However, it's kind of hard to see any noticeable visual/graphical difference from these videos. The inevitable DF comparison videos should shed more light on that front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"