Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

We’re featuring tons of independent titles, including brand new game announcements from developers and publishers such as DrinkBox Studios, Curve Digital, Devolver Digital, Dear Villagers and others. During the showcase, we’ll debut new trailers and gameplay for more than 25 games, including Second Extinction, The Ascent, The Wild at Heart, Voidtrain, Exo One, an update on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 and many more. We’ll also be making announcements about independent titles coming to Xbox and Xbox Game Pass. Community-favorite Twitch Streamers will host the showcase and conduct interviews with developers, take fan questions and maybe even drop some game codes.

Can't wait to see more of STALKER 2.

Microsoft are looking to buy Discord for over $10B. I'm not a big user of it but have an account on there so not 100% sure on everything it brings. It does show how committed Microsoft are to gaming now though, even if the talks fall through.

Yeah I have to agree. It’s so important not just for nostalgia but to see where we’ve come from. I also gets that it’s hard because it costs money to store old games even digitally

Xcloud on iOS soon!

In case some people used the 1 dollar/euro offer of UGP already and can't use it anymore, you can still convert up to 36 months of Live Gold to UGP. Stock up on Live and then buy one month of UGP. The Live Gold Time will be converted to UGP. I found this out on Thursday.

Apparently Kojima is in talks to join the Microsoft/Xbox family.

But the biggest piece of evidence I have that Abandoned is not a Kojima joint is that Kojima is in talks with Microsoft about publishing his next game, according to a source familiar with the matter. And yes, that statue on Phil Spencer’s shelf was referencing a potential deal with the legendary developer. I cannot confirm if Xbox closed the deal yet, but my understanding is that Kojima is the focus of a Microsoft plan to leverage Japanese talent.
Abandoned for PS5 is not a secret Hideo Kojima game

Kojima partnering with MS for their next game would be big, but that's not quite the same as MS actually buying up Kojima. That would be even bigger.

Last edited:
On a related note. This is a rumor, so take with a grain of salt. But it seems that the big AAA Xbox exclusives like Everwild, Perfect Dark, and Fable are still a long ways off.

Rumor: Everwild, Perfect Dark, and Fable Are A Long Way From Release

If true, this would not be surprising. I've always expected those big games to be at least another 2 years off at the earliest (maybe by 2022 if lucky). And I'll add to that list big Bethesda titles like the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Those are probably a long way off, too.

But that's also the main reason why I have been hesitant to get a Series X now even when those rare opportunities to order the console pop up now and then.

One quote in that article stood out to me.

"There might even be a new Xbox by the time those games come out."

Again, that could very well be true, imo. At the very least, we could be seeing a mid-console refresh (like a Slim Series X or a Series X Pro or whatever) by the time those big games start releasing.

Which is less incentive to get the original Series X unit now.

But, time will tell.........

Just heard that there could be pc games on Xcloud eventually too.

Xbox Live Gold
Starting 21 April online multiplayer for free-to-play Xbox games will no longer require a paid subscription

Congrats! Can’t wait for the day when I can say the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"