Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

I'm thinking about buying XBox Series X. So, I'm glad that I've found this thread. Also, I've already looked through the reviews and found out other people's opions. Most of them said that if you're after one Xbox to rule them all, then the Xbox Series X is the console to get. Speaking about the cons of this model, people say that it is large and heavy (is not a problem for me) and there are few next-gen launch games.

Yeah that’s about right. Series X is also a beast of a backwards compatible box which is even better combined with gamepass. I love the design too. It will come into its own once all the first party studios start delivering.
I'll echo what Iceman said.

If you enjoy the Xbox ecosystem and are looking to buy the "best" Xbox, then no question the Series X is the one Xbox to get. So, if you want the best Xbox, and if you have the chance to order a Series X, then I'd say go for it.

As for the size. Yes, there is weight to it. But you'll be surprised that it actually seems smaller and more compact in person than any of the images do justice. Especially when compared to the large beast of a machine that the PS5 is. It is quite impressive how MS was able to pack all that power into the Series X.

Now, the biggest con against the Series X is the current lack of true next-gen exclusive games to take advantage of the new console. Again, especially when you compare it to the PS5. The PS5 had games at launch like Demon's Souls and Miles Morales. This year alone is offering an impressive lineup of both 1st and 3rd party titles, including: Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Guilty Gear Strive, FF VII Remake Intergrade, Kena, and Horizon 2.

On the Xbox side......well.......it's kind of sparse. The Series X launched without any major exclusive title. This year, there's Flight Simulator supposedly in the Summer and Halo supposedly in the Fall. And that Ascent game as detailed above. And that's about all we know for sure. Maybe a new Forza Horizon game and maybe Starfield, though I've seen more reports that has been delayed to 2022.

So, in terms of exclusive, both the launch and the 1st year lineup for the Series X is painfully lacking. And that is both shameful and unfortunate, imo. Yes, they have all those studios working on all those games. But they still seem to be at least several years off or more.

So, the Series X may not start hitting its stride until 2023 and beyond, maybe 2022 at the earliest. If you are looking to buy the console now, just keep that in mind. And consider your purchase an "investment" in the future of Xbox.

That's how I'm looking at my purchase of the Series X. Though, I admit, the lack of current next-gen exclusives is a real disappointment. After the initial setup, I've actually barely touched my new Series X, and I've gone back to playing on my PS5. And with all the new games coming out for PS5 this summer and later this year, it looks like I will continue to play mostly on my PS5 in the near future.

If there are no games out for it that interest you now, then it may make more sense to wait a few years until those major exclusives start coming out.

Last edited:
The Microsoft conference is expected to be on Sunday June 13th.

Looks like that one turned out to be inaccurate. Doesn't make much sense to have tech like that exclusive as it stops the tech getting adopted widely.
I have Dolby Atmos in my phone I can't seriously notice the difference when wearing a headset.

not gonna lie that tweet made me chuckle a little poor doggo

This xcloud is another awesome thing to have. If you want to try a game you can do it on cloud without wasting ages downloading/installing it first, and then process if you decide you like it. Also when it’s a release you’re crazy about you can play in cloud while you wait for it to download.

Really annoying when you finish work and your mates are all ready to play something and the download takes ages. Also Xcloud could be a lifesaver for anyone who’s running low on spare hard drive space.

Xbox Bethesda show starts in 15 minutes!

It was a great presentation. Love the look of party animals! There’s a hit for sure

It was a great presentation. Love the look of party animals! There’s a hit for sure
Haha, yeah that was cute. I really enjoyed the show. Much better than other recent XBox shows. Much better format. From next year there will be much more AAA content too. Gamepass is just amazing at the moment.

Its definitely better than their livestream presentations last year. Finally console eXclusive games with an actual release date.

I thought Forza looks good. Party Animals look cute. And there's a reveal that I will for sure play.

What's up with Crossfire X? The last I saw was the announcement that the game was being delayed to this year.

Forza did look good but I wanted to hear more about what car are going to be in the game. The game could be the best looking game ever but if I don't care about the cars I'm not going to play the game.

What's up with Crossfire X? The last I saw was the announcement that the game was being delayed to this year.

Forza did look good but I wanted to hear more about what car are going to be in the game. The game could be the best looking game ever but if I don't care about the cars I'm not going to play the game.
Not sure actually. There were a few others that I also don’t remember seeing at the show like The Gunk, Scorn and Warhammer: Darktide.

So, my hot take: Microsoft had a better program this year for JRPG fans than Square-Enix did. *cough*

( New Eiyudaan Chronicles trailer, with new gameplay footage and the first reveal of the spinoff title? Wins out over a 30 second teaser for the FF Pixel Remasters, a trailer whose only meaningful reveal is the baffling decision to not release them on consoles. )

Yes, there’s no doubt about it, Microsoft was the toast of the town. It was unwise for Sony not to attend

I think from next year onwards we will see the AAA big hitters landing regularly. I hope they keep the format of this conference though. Non stop games with no crap interludes and stupid on-stage activities with people pretending to be gamers. This was awesome with 4 very quick talks from the top bods, Todd Howard, Sarah Bond, Phil Hines and the main man himself, Phil Spencer! Aside from that as soon as one game ended the next one started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"