Xbox Xbox Series X Thread

does anyone besides me feel like the art style for the movie looks like spiderverse's?

The art style is actually quite different, but the shading and animation is what I think is feeling similar (they used the same shading for the recent Puss in Boots film)

The art style is actually quite different, but the shading and animation is what I think is feeling similar (they used the same shading for the recent Puss in Boots film)
Yeah it's its own unique art style, but the shading and how the frames move - what I think you mean by animation - is what makes it look similar to me

with gamepass and mS's acquisition of Activision, I seriously do not see playstation surviving long term. it is going to be just Xbox, Nintendo's console, and PC, and even Sony themselves said their business might never recover after this.

edit: I realized I didn't even answer your question lol my main reason for switching is because I feel like I am gonna have to.
I’m sure PS will be around long term. Jim was just exaggerating to try and get the deal blocked.

I’m sure PS will be around long term. Jim was just exaggerating to try and get the deal blocked.
I would like to believe that, but I feel like even if playstation is still here in the long run, it won't be the same. it's going to be the opposite of what it is now, where Xbox is king and playstation is the struggling underdog. and I mean worse, because I don't think Xbox ever has been and is currently struggling now.

Michael Pachter also believes that playstation will not survive either and that is because of gamepass. I'm inclined to agree with him on that sentiment, and I think he may have said this after the acquisition was announced but gamepass was already around long before then.

I would like to believe that, but I feel like even if playstation is still here in the long run, it won't be the same. it's going to be the opposite of what it is now, where Xbox is king and playstation is the struggling underdog. and I mean worse, because I don't think Xbox ever has been and is currently struggling now.

The deal will bring them closer together but PS is far from a struggling underdog. They just had an incredible smash hit success with their TV adaptation of Last of Us, with a God of War and Horizon series still to come. They're still going to be reaching all new levels of revenue streams that are exclusive to Sony and PS. They'll be fine.

The deal will bring them closer together but PS is far from a struggling underdog. They just had an incredible smash hit success with their TV adaptation of Last of Us, with a God of War and Horizon series still to come. They're still going to be reaching all new levels of revenue streams that are exclusive to Sony and PS. They'll be fine.
A lot of people like to say that Xbox is the "struggling" underdog. They are the underdog, sure, but just because they aren't #1 doesn't mean they aren't successful.

The original Xbox sold about 25 million units iirc. The 360 was their biggest success with close to 90 million consoles sold I think, and the Xbone sold more than half that, I think somewhere north of 50 million consoles. Now sure that might not seem like a lot compared to the Ps4 or even Switch, but that's still a whole 50 million consoles. It's still far and above how the Xbox brand started.

And they have gamepass on their side. Unless Sony has something up their sleeve in terms of growing with the changes in the industry, I don't think keeping up with the growing success of Xbox will be enough. I don't know the statistics behind it, but I don't think the addition of psplus tiers did anything to move the needle in competing with gamepass.

I have had my series X for over a year plus and it is still dead on silent and I use it way more than my PS5 or Switch

Solid game, I can tell. I am very sad that I don't get the play this game, and I know this is something right up my alley because Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time.

With all of the unfavorable things Sony is doing...

-from raising the price of the Ps5 in less populated areas $30 to
-giving up on trying to fight the Activision merger
-to coming out with a new handheld that has the same initials as PSP which doesn't have Bluetooth, and OLED screen, or bluetooth...

to now missing out on one of the greatest video game launches of this generation thus far. Starfield. All of these things combined, I just can't help but feel like PlayStation has a miserable future ahead of them.

I really think I am going to end up getting an Xbox one day. And one day, I'll get to bask in all of Starfield's glory :gngl::db::pcg:

Solid game, I can tell. I am very sad that I don't get the play this game, and I know this is something right up my alley because Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time.

With all of the unfavorable things Sony is doing...

-from raising the price of the Ps5 in less populated areas $30 to
-giving up on trying to fight the Activision merger
-to coming out with a new handheld that has the same initials as PSP which doesn't have Bluetooth, and OLED screen, or bluetooth...

to now missing out on one of the greatest video game launches of this generation thus far. Starfield. All of these things combined, I just can't help but feel like PlayStation has a miserable future ahead of them.

I really think I am going to end up getting an Xbox one day. And one day, I'll get to bask in all of Starfield's glory :gngl::db::pcg:
Mass Effect 2, great choice for your favourite game. :D :up:

I think PS still has a lot to offer and great first party exclusives, but hopefully as the years go on the Xbox first party lineup also improves.

Mass Effect 2, great choice for your favourite game. :D :up:

I think PS still has a lot to offer and great first party exclusives, but hopefully as the years go on the Xbox first party lineup also improves.
oh, it will. Starfield is just the beginning. If I were mS, I wouldn't have signed the 10 year deal with Sony for CoD either. I would make that s*** exclusively immediately. It would become a system seller and would easily even out the market share that Sony currently owns the most of.

oh, it will. Starfield is just the beginning. If I were mS, I wouldn't have signed the 10 year deal with Sony for CoD either. I would make that s*** exclusively immediately. It would become a system seller and would easily even out the market share that Sony currently owns the most of.
I think they want to stay on the right side of regulatory processes for future acquisitions. They’ll fight their corner vigorously, but when they come to the table they would want to show that they’ll folllow through on whatever they make commitments to.

I think they want to stay on the right side of regulatory processes for future acquisitions. They’ll fight their corner vigorously, but when they come to the table they would want to show that they’ll folllow through on whatever they make commitments to.
The CoD agreement isn't even something that any of the regulatory bodies forced them to do, though. It just seemed like a desperate request from Sony to mS.

The CoD agreement isn't even something that any of the regulatory bodies forced them to do, though. It just seemed like a desperate request from Sony to mS.
True, but Microsoft told the regulators they were planning to offer it and it looks better for future acquisitions if they follow through with what they say during talks. Otherwise it looks like they are just saying whatever is needed during the talks rather than having any action behind what they say.

Damn, all these docs coming out...

cohesive_hybrid_compute_xbox.jpg

xbox_hybrid_cloud_3.jpg

50f38a90-56c8-11ee-ac67-8a57a0eff18c

3236bc80-56c8-11ee-bdfd-dc6c2dfb0609

Damn, all these docs coming out...

cohesive_hybrid_compute_xbox.jpg

xbox_hybrid_cloud_3.jpg

50f38a90-56c8-11ee-ac67-8a57a0eff18c

3236bc80-56c8-11ee-bdfd-dc6c2dfb0609
Some crazy leaks going on!! Microsoft can't be too happy with so much important stuff getting out. Nice to get a glimpse of the future though. Guess plans might change now that they know competitors will be aware of all this.

Not a fan of discless either. What's the point of two consoles without a disc drive? Add a seperate external option and eliminate the redundancy.

Not a fan of discless either. What's the point of two consoles without a disc drive? Add a seperate external option and eliminate the redundancy.
I can't imagine buying a discless console. It seems like a fair chance that the next generation of consoles might all be discless though. :csad:

This current generation is already headed that direction with their mid-cycle refresh.

This current generation is already headed that direction with their mid-cycle refresh.
Good point. It seems they are all trying to push for that direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"