Young Justice Cartoon - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
S3 YJ would really just rock all of my socks. This is one of the best things to come from adapting DC comics ever, imho. Would love to see more of it.

One of my favorite cartoons. My favorite superhero is Batman. My favorite episodes are Schooled and Downtime.

Hate to be that person who bumps the thread and gives someone hope BUT...

Wiseman confirmed that Netflix has talked about potentially bringing back YJ but no decision has been made and no negotiations.

Would Young Justice returning bring back Dread to this board?

I'd pay for that **** if they did.

Yeah I miss reading his post.

The rumors have been going back and forth to "we've talked" to "we haven't talked"

According to a fan's interaction with Peter David, Netflix approached him for a third season

https://www.reddit.com/r/youngjustice/comments/4yw795/ama_today_i_met_peter_david_writer_of_young/

THEN

Peter David confirms he was misquoted and even tells Greg meetings are wishful thinking. I guess that's that. Drat.

https://twitter.com/peterdavid_pad/status/767583027581095936

Now Greg's saying there WERE talks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/status/767936604656631808

He said there were talks, but none with Greg and especially not with PAD, who only wrote a few episodes of the series.

So, they're thinking about it, but haven't done any formal decisions, and the Reddit guy made stuff up.

:ilv:
14730637_364063597277465_7017475712642711552_n.jpg

It's dead. I need to stop thinking it's good news being posted whenever this thread is bumped.

It's gone. Hey, you can watch "Your new favorite show" on Cartoon Network.

Is anyone gonna mention the fact that Khary Payton, the guy who did the voice of Aqualad, is now playing Ezekial on The Walking Dead? Because he is.

Is anyone gonna mention the fact that Khary Payton, the guy who did the voice of Aqualad, is now playing Ezekial on The Walking Dead? Because he is.

He also played Cyborg and that was evident when he talked in his normal voice. I'd mark out if Ezekiel shouted "Boo-Yah!" on the Walking Dead. :woot:

Why would anyone watch two seasons back and forth over and over?

I liked Young Justice, but IMHO it had quite a few flaws. Obviously, the show was not as well loved as the fandom thinks it is. The toys didn't sell and weren't popular.

I'm still not OK with how Wally West was treated in the show as he is my favorite Flash.

I liked Young Justice, but IMHO it had quite a few flaws. Obviously, the show was not as well loved as the fandom thinks it is. The toys didn't sell and weren't popular.

I'm still not OK with how Wally West was treated in the show as he is my favorite Flash.

There's an argument from multiple sources that the issue with toy sales was a self-fulfilling prophecy that doesn't deal with the quality of the show. Basically, Young Justice, from the word "go," was always skewing towards an older and more gender neutral demographic than what the toy companies wanted. Its most voracious fans were always pre-teens and up, and a good portion of the fanbase was female. And since toy companies prefer very young male viewers to sell comparatively cheap merchandise to, they were displeased with the demographic results.

And since the toy companies have a lot of pull with Cartoon Network keeping shows in the running, the decision was made to pull the plug on a show with good ratings by first sabotaging them. And since the toy companies had been fairly conservative in their toy production, they never swamped the toy aisles with them.

I was a bit better with their Wally, but that's partially because his disappearance felt like an excuse to age him up to Flash III.

Why would young boys like TTG toys over YJ? I liked my action figures to be more badass than cutesy typically as did all my classmates. Although, I did have Disney sets too.

Why would young boys like TTG toys over YJ? I liked my action figures to be more badass than cutesy typically as did all my classmates. Although, I did have Disney sets too.

If I remember correctly, the other issue was that Young Justice was a comparatively expensive show to produce from voice action to animation to music. It was a throwback to the ambitious DCAU days. TTGO would probably sell only the same amount of toys, but costs considerably less to produce, and since toy companies are sometimes just looking for a show hitting the demographic they want to hock stuff to, TTGO would fit that frame for maximizing sales of other properties as well.

Toys doesn't = popularity. The show could've been the top CN program and if toys didnt sell it still would've gotten canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"