• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Your thoughts on the Suicide Squad - Official trailer 1.

I'm quite positive this trailer is going to go over better than the last BvS trailer.

Queen song took me by surprise, but I don't mind them wanting the Guardians of the Galaxy audience.

I liked the Queen song too, but I don't know if we can call it a direct GotG influence.

Other comic book movie trailers have used songs too. DOFP using Led Zeppelin and Deadpool most recently.

Last edited:
OMG, this looks EPIC!! Oh for those who complain about the DCEU being too "dark and serious," I present to you " The Dirty Dozen with superpowers, set to Bohemian Rhapsody."

Oh and they accomplished the difficult feat of making Jai Courtney seem kind of charismatic/fun, well-done.

I was already hyped for this movie based on the casting and the first trailer alone, but that one made me giddy beyond all hope. :woot: I hope I'm proven wrong, but it really looks like a comicbook movie starring a bunch of supervillains is going to eclipse the first live action treatment of the DC Trinity. :oldrazz:

And I think the use of Bohemian Rhapsody is perfect. This movie looks t be a madhouse of a film, but underneath all that there's going to be some real tragedy there, mark my words.

People are giving Guardians of the Galaxy way too much credit when it comes to marketing strategies. They did not invent using pop songs and humor in trailers with that movie.

People are giving Guardians of the Galaxy way too much credit when it comes to marketing strategies. They did not invent using pop songs and humor in trailers with that movie.

To play devil's advocate they perhaps did for films dealing with rag-tag groups of comic book character misfits.

Wonderful and amazing trailer. But I've loved everything about the movie so far, ever since Warners hired David Ayer to write and direct. And this trailer definitely sold me on this. So much that I've decided it's going to be the last piece of footage from the movie I'm watching, to make the moviegoing experience even more special!

This and Deadpool are my most anticipated comic book adaptations this year. Just a breath of fresh air.

P.S.: Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang could easily become a favorite of mine!

Really great trailer! It looks like it could be something special.

The best trailer I've seen since the 1st BvS SDCC trailer. Let's hope they have a better second trailer. :)

Could make the case it was one of the best comic book trailers in years.

Only reason to put the excellent BvS trailer (which was all time great as well) ahead of it is simply because its Batman and Superman.

Outside of that its the best since the Man of Steel 3 trailer. Could make a case the best since the first Watchmen trailer.

Only reason to put the excellent BvS trailer (which was all time great as well) ahead of it is simply because its Batman and Superman.

Nah. I think this trailer is better in every respect. I thought the BvS SDCC trailer was cool but I never ranked it among the best. Felt more like a sizzle reel than a well-structured trailer.

I liked the Queen song too, but I don't know if we can call it a direct GotG influence.

Other comic book movie trailers have used songs too. DOFP using Led Zeppelin and Deadpool most recently.

throwback classic song followed by introduction of all the characters. this is basically the exact same template as the gotg trailer.

throwback classic song followed by introduction of all the characters. this is basically the exact same template as the gotg trailer.

And a whole lot of other action ensemble films' trailers from the last 15 years.

Poor Slipknot, not even that he tries to steal the spotlight from Captain by the exact same cop beating thing as Boomerang a second before, but the punches a woman.
3.gif

I think I liked the other trailer more, but this is a close second. I loved everything about it. The colors, the characters, the atmosphere...this is easily my most anticipated comic book film of the year.

If I had one complaint about the trailer, it'd be that some of the humor felt a little forced.

Oh and they accomplished the difficult feat of making Jai Courtney seem kind of charismatic/fun, well-done.

This. Jai looks like he's having fun and it's translated to his performance too.

If David Ayer can make Shia Labeouf bearable in Fury then by golly he'll make Jai Courtney bearable in Suicide Squad. :o

Great trailer and way better than anything BvS has released.

Simply awesome. I'm way more excited for this movie than I was. That was a great trailer.

Love that Joker. And rest as well. Perfection. :ilv:

I just hope they don't kill Croc. He is one of the most recognizable DC villains. He is visually most interesting character (along with Harley of course) in squad.

clever use of Queen as the soundtrack really helped with the vibe of the trailer but given all the positive reaction I expected more and was a little underwhelmed. Strong points was Courtney and the fun vibe. Harley was not as impressive as previously and still not hyped about Leto, albeit on little vision. I guess that may be due to my preference for Ledger's voice/tone in comparison

Exactly. I don't understand the instinctive need from some to defend the trailer from any comparisons because the similarity is undeniable. I understand Guardians doesn't have a monopoly on classic pop songs, but it's clearly going for the same rag-tag, irreverent vibe.
I'd be upset if it didn't fit the material, but it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"