Your Top 5 CBM's You Consider Underrated

MessiahDecoy123

Psychological Anarchist
Reaction score
Basically 5 movies you think should be on most people's top 10 or top 15 but aren't.

Mine:

1) Blade
2) Constantine
3) V for Vendetta
4) Sin City
5) The Mask

Honorable mention: Dredd

Kick-Ass
Iron Man 3
Watchmen

I guess that's it for me.

Mine would be, in order of underated-ness...

1) Daredevil - Directors Cut

2) Watchmen

3) Dredd

4) MoS

5) Spiderman 3

1. Superman Returns (for my money, the closest we've come to the perfect Superman movie.)

2. Watchmen
3. Dredd
4. Constantine
5. Iron Man 3 (shouldn't be but most fans dislike it.)

I'm not gonna say what I think should be on the lists of what other people like...but these are the movies on my top 10 that I don't see on many others'.

X-Men
Spider-Man
Dark Knight Rises
Chronicle
Thor

1. Superman Returns (for my money, the closest we've come to the perfect Superman movie.)

2. Watchmen
3. Dredd
4. Constantine
5. Iron Man 3 (shouldn't be but most fans dislike it.)

Got to say, the imagery & look of SR is beautiful, and Routh was an incredible Superman I just think 'small' issues affected the larger picture on that film, I loved it upon release, but in later years, in comparison to what MoS brought to the table, it's pales, personally speaking. It depends what Superman you require or wish to see I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I love the old 30's/40's feel of Superman, an era he was defined in but for where we are now, I'd take Cavill's Superman, everytime.

Hmm well let's see

Watchmen
Hellboy 2
Iron Man 3

I'll update with two more later these immediately came to mind.

I find it difficult to say what is underrated. I love The Dark Knight Rises, but is it really underrated. It seems pretty well liked outside certain members of the hardcore fanbase. So I will try to stick to stuff that got bad/mixed reviews or is just simply overlooked.

1. Stardust
2. Daredevil: Director's Cut
3. Both Hellboy movies
4. V For Vendetta
5. Spider-Man 3

Definitely agreed about Superman Returns. I'm not in love with it but it's horrendously underrated.
So I guess my list would go:

1. Superman Returns
2. Iron man 3

And that's about it. I dislike the directors cut of Daredevil and have never seen Hellboy or V for Vendetta.

Watchmen
V for Vendetta

... That's all I've got.

I have no comment on what should be high on anyone else's list, but I do feel these movies are strangely underrated:

1. Judge Dredd (1995): It has a good story, sure it has goof ups, but so does every other movie, popular or not.
2. The Punisher (1989 & 2004): Both are good movies, good stories, and the 1989 one has one of the best quotes in a Punisher story, about the limit of revenge.
3. Dredd (2012): I can't talk about the movie I prefer without mentioning this one.
4. Daredevil (Director's Cut).
5. Any Spider-Man movie after the 2004 one, especially the one with Lizard as the antagonist.
6. Man of Steel. I can say Superman Returns is underrated as well.
7. Both Hulk movies.

The Punisher (2004)
Man of Steel
Kick-Ass (it isn't underrated, but I feel like people have forgotten about it already. a masterpiece, IMO)
V for Vendetta
The Mask

Also will include Ang Lee's Hulk, a very strong film IMO, absolutely love it. Way better than the later Marvel Studios version.

Captain America: The First Avenger- It's liked by most people, but in my opinion this is one of the best superhero origin stories ever.

Iron Man 3- Gets way too much hate, on the internet at least. I thought it was a very exciting, interesting take on the character. RDJ is great in it (as always), and the movie is hilarious.

Spider-Man 3- This is not a good movie. However, I don't think it is quite on the level of bad-ness that many folks say it is.

Can't think of any more underrated ones.

Also will include Ang Lee's Hulk, a very strong film IMO, absolutely love it. Way better than the later Marvel Studios version.

I don't love Ang Lee's Hulk as much as I did when it came out, but damn it's still a very entertaining movie.

Captain America: The First Avenger- It's liked by most people, but in my opinion this is one of the best superhero origin stories ever.

Definitely agree with this. Not that people outright hate it but it doesn't make a lot of people's top five MCU movies. In my opinion, it is number 2 right behind The Avengers.

Others I can think of:

- MOS
- Hellboy I and II
- Sin City

The Shadow. All day, every day.

[YT]watch?v=AJX60CSED1s[/YT]

The Hulk from Ang Lee
Watchmen
Priest (2011)
ETA: Thor

Most of the other ones I enjoyed are reasonably rated.

Last edited:
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Man of Steel
Thor
Thor: The Dark World

The first Thor had a difficult task to accomplish. Thor could've been a goofy character in a silly movie. I think it was an inspired choice to get someone like Kenneth Branaugh who had Shakespearean sensibilities to bring it to the big screen.

Thor has heart.

It get big points for that.

Definitely underrated.

These aren't top 10, but they're all decent flicks that get unnecessary heat.

1.Green Lantern
2.Spawn
3. Hulk
4. Daredevil
5. Blade: Trinity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"