Your Top 5 Favorite And Worst Eps Of Smallville

I love the part in Transference when Lionel asks Martha for a hug in Clark's body, it's funny.

Serene said:
... Just nod and smile.. and slooowly back away..
tnx ollierene..
excuse me while I take the arrow out..

oh, what a beautiful feeling.. :)

:p

Lunar_Wolf said:
I love the part in Transference when Lionel asks Martha for a hug in Clark's body, it's funny.

I also loved Transference.

The hard thing about picking five favorites is that there are so many good episodes, many that give you something great story wise, SFX wise, or acting wise. Here's an example from several episodes; now this is not a favorite list, mine is on the last page, but I'm giving a reason many might love certain episodes:

Rogue: The first time we see Clark truly in a situation he doesn't know how to handle. His powers can't help against blackmail, he had to use his brains to get out of this one. (For all of you -Clark is teh dumb- people out there.) Plus we got the \S/ on the breast plate.

Insurgence: First super jump, plus a great heist episode with a little insight into Lionel's "Study" habits. The episode where Martha realizes how dangerous it is to work closely with Lionel.

X-Ray: First X-Ray vision, one of the early uses being into the girls locker room.:O

Heat: First Heat vision, and shows that even Superman had normal teenage hormones a ragin'.

Whisper: First Super hearing, great stuff.

Crusade: First flight. 'Nuff said.

Asylum: Return of three villains, and shows Lex's true reactions to Clark's abilities, and we see Clark willing to give up the secret to Lex if it means saving him, and his ultimate innability to.

Red: First red kryptonite. True: it's close to being a crutch now, but at first it was a great inclusion.

Arrival: Kryptonians, Zod, and Brainiac, OH MY!
Not to mention the Fortress of Solitude.

This is just a few examples, I usually am able to find something interesting and neat to watch in every episode, even if the episode is a clunker.:up: :D

Favorite episodes:
Exile/Phoenix (Clark is naughty)
Hidden (Clark is a savior and hero)
Mortal (Clark is happy to be human and in love)
Transference (Clark is... not himself LOL)

:D

Okay, I'm kidding (sort of) with my reasoning, but I AM all about Clark, and I'll watch those episodes over and over and over again!!!!

I put Exile and Phoenix together, so if we call that one episode, then I need one more. But I can't really decide on which one it should be, so just pick one from the list of honorable mentions below...

Arrival
Blank
Commencement
Crusade
Pilot
Relic
Reckoning
Rosetta
Splinter
Unsafe

Least favs:
Ageless (Exploding baby? Nuf said.)
Devoted (Kryptonite gatorade? Yeah. Ahuh. :rolleyes: Not even a Chlark kiss could save this one LOLOL.)
Drone (Bee girl? Please.)
Facade (Just a DUMB episode. *sigh*)
Lucy (The superjump was great, but everything else? Meh.)
Spirit (OMG! Just. Kill. Me. NOW!!!!! Worst episode EVER!)

5 Favorite

1. Memoria - Awesome all over, with great writing, great drama, and great acting.

2. Pilot - A bit simplistic, yet amazing. The meteor shower was a neat new addition to the Superman mythos over all, and the metaphors ruled.

3. Rosetta - Christopher Reeve, Clark discovering his Kryptonian language, the FOS music.

4. Run - Clark as inevitable Christ-like redeemer helping young Bart. Plus the mystery with the stones.

5. Solitude - Textbook storytelling and the best episode of the Fifth Season to me.

Great choices, AgentPat!

But for Reckoning, that I disliked, I love all the other episodes you mention.

I too am ALL about Clark! :up:

Brainiac 8 said:
I also loved Transference.

The hard thing about picking five favorites is that there are so many good episodes, many that give you something great story wise, SFX wise, or acting wise. Here's an example from several episodes; now this is not a favorite list, mine is on the last page, but I'm giving a reason many might love certain episodes:

I agree with this sentiment. I had a hard time choosing between Transference and Blank and then after I chose Blank, I remembered Commencement. Commencement was absolutely amazing for a TV show.

There are so many wonderful episodes that I watch over and over and over again, and never get bored of them because each time I watch them I find a new element that I never saw before.

And I agree with Pat about Drone, but there was just something special about Clark running for Class President and what he learned about himself in that episode, that makes me unable to put it in my least favourites list.

What can I say, I'm a Smallville Fanatic. :yay:

I love when Clark is not himself. I missed Thirst(kinda glad) and Cyborg(i went insane when i missed this ep), but when season 5 comes out on DVD here, I'll catch up on them ones.

avidreader said:
I agree with this sentiment. I had a hard time choosing between Transference and Blank and then after I chose Blank, I remembered Commencement. Commencement was absolutely amazing for a TV show.

There are so many wonderful episodes that I watch over and over and over again, and never get bored of them because each time I watch them I find a new element that I never saw before.

And I agree with Pat about Drone, but there was just something special about Clark running for Class President and what he learned about himself in that episode, that makes me unable to put it in my least favourites list.

What can I say, I'm a Smallville Fanatic. :yay:

This is what I'm saying, I had to think about it for a while to come up with my favorites. After doing that, I remembered Transference, which I just adore that episode. Those of you who don't think Tom can act, watch "Transference" in S4 and you'll be proven wrong. Who knew he could be as creepy as Lionel when playing him.

Another I thought of after the fact is Shattered/Asylum, which is one of the best two parters they have done in the show, it let you in on what was going on in Lex's head when it came to his and Clark's relationship. Awsome stuff!:up:

AgentPat said:
Least favs:
Ageless (Exploding baby? Nuf said.)
Devoted (Kryptonite gatorade? Yeah. Ahuh. :rolleyes: Not even a Chlark kiss could save this one LOLOL.)
Drone (Bee girl? Please.)
Facade (Just a DUMB episode. *sigh*)
Lucy (The superjump was great, but everything else? Meh.)
Spirit (OMG! Just. Kill. Me. NOW!!!!! Worst episode EVER!)

You copied some of mine, didn't you. I was the one that said "Expoding baby, 'Nuff said".:mad: ;)

Just kidding, it just means you and I are similar thinking when it comes to Drone, and Ageless.:up: :)

I think some of you forgot "Tomb" ;), lol. Triplet & Serene didn't.

KalKai said:

While it wasn't my favorite, it did show us how good of an actress AM is.:O

But the episode itself was pretty bad, but not as bad as the ones I did put on my list.

KalKai said:

They hated and detested Hypnotic. I guess they wont be watching tomorrow night's repeat. ;)

avidreader said:
They hated and detested Hypnotic. I guess they wont be watching tomorrow night's repeat. ;)

As I've said before.. even a bad episode of SV is better than most of the other drek that is offered. :D

I liked a few things about Hypnotic. I liked KK's performance, a LOT. I liked Clark getting sexy against the fence, and ripping his shirt off in the loft.

Uh.. that's about it though. :(

Serene said:
As I've said before.. even a bad episode of SV is better than most of the other drek that is offered. :D

I liked a few things about Hypnotic. I liked KK's performance, a LOT. I liked Clark getting sexy against the fence, and ripping his shirt off in the loft.

Uh.. that's about it though. :(

I liked the chick in her skivvies.:eek: :O

I couldn't find the "Thirst" thread, so I thought this is the second best place to post this. Ladies and gents, Gough & Millar's least favorite episode:

SMALLVILLE

You can find some quotes from the SFX magazine interview with Miles Millar and Al Gough over at Devoted to Smallville. They weren't so happy with last season's vampire-themed episode "Thirst." "There's going to be a big 'What the hell were we thinking?' commentary for this episode on the DVD," Gough laughs. "Look, the network asked us to do a couple of holiday-themed episodes for Hallowe'en and Christmas. Christmas was very successful, Hallowe'en not so much."

"Our grand experiment that failed," says Millar. "It was even more of a disaster than it appears on screen; it was rescued to a large degree in post production. 'Thirst' is our personal hell."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=8103

haha, that's pretty funny they thought that.:O

See Miles and Gough....Fight the corporate man!:mad: :o

5 Worst Episodes

1. Spirit - I was beginning to convulse while watching it.

2. Thirst - No comment

3. Spell

4. Devoted

5. Facade

The Sage said:
5 Worst Episodes

2. Thirst - No comment

3. Spell

4. Kryptonite Kool-Aid episode

5. Nip-Tuck episode

I liked the start of the Nip Tuck episode where they have the flashback.

avidreader said:
I'm looking forward to the DVD commentary on that episode, to hear their thoughts on the problems with it. I enjoyed it!

I'm looking forward to that Commentary:up: :up: :up:

The Sage said:
5 Worst Episodes

2. Thirst - No comment

3. Spell

4. Kryptonite Kool-Aid episode

5. Nip-Tuck episode

4. Devoted
5. Facade

For future reference. :)

Whiteflag said:
But for Reckoning, that I disliked
The re-set drives me crazy to this day, but the first half of that episode was beyond sublime. I'm not a Lana fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I LOVE seeing Clark happy because those moments are so rare.

Clark happy = Pat happy.
cloud9.gif

I too am ALL about Clark!
Hee! Yeah, we're on the same page, sistah. :D

avidreader said:
Exactly. That's my criteria right there. I rated those episodes on their re-watchability, not necessarily "quality" per se. It's a tough one. Episodes like Memoria and Run are clearly AYE-MAAAAZING eps, but there are many more episodes I'd choose to re-watch first. In other words, my list reflects the episodes I find most entertaining. It is after all, the whole reason why I watch SV: I'm ENTERTAINED by it. Greatly.

And I agree with Pat about Drone, but there was just something special about Clark running for Class President and what he learned about himself in that episode, that makes me unable to put it in my least favorites list.
Well, even the worst SV episode is more entertaining for me than most of the other options available on TV today.

Lunar_Wolf said:
I love when Clark is not himself. I missed Thirst (kinda glad)...
Thirst was like Spell for most fans; either they loved it or they hated it. I could have done w/o the vampire angle, 'cause no matter how they wanted to spin the meteor infected FOTW stuff, it was still people exhibiting all of the characteristics of being vampires. Meh. WAY too much Buffy spill-over for me on dat un. But the way they handled it, with Chloe doing a snarky monolog ala Fox Mulder throughout the ep, it made it passable, but just barely.

Brainiac 8 said:
You copied some of mine, didn't you. I was the one that said "Exploding baby, 'Nuff said".
OMG! Too funny. I swear I didn't even see that. Hah!

Just kidding, it just means you and I are similar thinking when it comes to Drone, and Ageless.
Oh yeah, no doubt. Great minds... and all that jazz.

KalKai said:
I think some of you forgot "Tomb", lol. Triplet & Serene didn't.
Nah, I thought about Tomb. It wasn't THAT bad. Certainly not as bad as eps like Spirit. *shudders* LOL And I really did like the scenes between Clark and Chloe. He did what he felt was right to protect her, even if that meant whooshing her away from a hospital - of all places. She told him of her fear of ending up at Bell Reeve (I think it was Bell Reeve - I get Bell Reeve and Summerholt mixed up all the time LOL) but he told her he'd never let that happen. That was great stuff, I thought.

avidreader said:
They hated and detested Hypnotic. I guess they wont be watching tomorrow night's repeat.
Hypnotic didn't bother me either. It's a lot lower on my list of re-watchable episodes, but I'm not ashamed to admit I burned a few hours replaying a few choice scenes. :O

Serene said:
...I liked Clark getting sexy against the fence, and ripping his shirt off in the loft.(
Um.. YEAH! Those scenes. :D :up:

Al Gough said:
There's going to be a big 'What the hell were we thinking?' commentary for this episode on the DVD
Huh? Well sheeeit... why the hell waste the time doing a commentary on it then? :confused:

Why not Hidden, or Solitude, or Fragile, or even Aqua? :mad:

*sigh*

The Sage said:
5 Worst Episodes

2. Thirst - No comment
3. Spell
4. Kryptonite Kool-Aid episode [Devoted]
5. Nip-Tuck episode [Facade]
HAHAHAHA!! Yup. Now, I did like Spell, but it had NOTHING to do with the witch angle. Like Thirst, it was a plot point I could have done w/o. But I did like how they showed Clark's vulnerability to magic. They tend to overuse Kryptonite because it's easy. I'd like them to explore his other weaknesses a little more, magic and his own heart being two of the biggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"