Your Top 5 Favorite And Worst Eps Of Smallville

Brainiac 8 said:
I could still point out all of the unexplained plot holes in the witch/stone arc, but I've told you guys them before. Plus It's not that big a deal.

I love discussing that topic. Go ahead and point them out.

avidreader said:
I love discussing that topic. Go ahead and point them out.

Ok, lets see.....I give you a couple of things....

The goal of isobel was that she was to destroy the teague line, because of what they did to her...but when Lana stabbed Dr. Quinn; Isobel left Lana's body. What doesn't make sense is that Isobel failed her mission as far as she would be concerned, because she would have thought that Jason was still alive. Thus her mission wasn't complete, and as far as she would know, the Teague line still lives. Jason was dead at that point, but Isobel didn't know that.

Next, Isobel took over Lana, and she used the book to bring back her two witch buddies also, and they possessed Chloe and Lois. When Clark burned the book, the witches left their bodies, or so it seemed. But we find out that Isobel was just hiding in Lana's body, and would resurface when needing too. Why wasn't that the case with her two witch buddies?
Wouldn't Chloe and Lois still be harboring the other two witches also?

Third, Isobel would resurface when Lana was in danger or in pain, such as in "Sacred." But Lana was constantly in danger, getting beat up or something throughout season four. Since Isobel obviously wanted to preserve the bodies life that she was using, why didn't she resurface more during other dangerous/painful situations?

There you go Avid, three major plotholes of the witch/stone arc.:p :D ;)

I already have an answer for the third one, but I'm just heading to the gym and I'll come back with my answers in a bit, whilst I ponder them on the treadmill. ;)

Okay, I'm back.

Brainiac 8 said:
The goal of isobel was that she was to destroy the teague line, because of what they did to her...but when Lana stabbed Dr. Quinn; Isobel left Lana's body. What doesn't make sense is that Isobel failed her mission as far as she would be concerned, because she would have thought that Jason was still alive. Thus her mission wasn't complete, and as far as she would know, the Teague line still lives. Jason was dead at that point, but Isobel didn't know that.

Here's a line from the transcript, just before she is set aflame.

Isobel: You think this ends with a lick of flame? I sleep but a while. And when the time is appointed, my heir will awaken me and I will have vengeance!

She said she would have vengeance. She never said that she was going to destroy all of Gertrude's heirs. She got her vengeance by killing Genevieve. Jason was nothing without his mother, thus her vengeance was made and Isobel left.

Next, Isobel took over Lana, and she used the book to bring back her two witch buddies also, and they possessed Chloe and Lois. When Clark burned the book, the witches left their bodies, or so it seemed. But we find out that Isobel was just hiding in Lana's body, and would resurface when needing too. Why wasn't that the case with her two witch buddies?
Wouldn't Chloe and Lois still be harboring the other two witches also?

The spell Isobel used to bring back Briana and Madeline was a potion spell, obviously not as powerful as the spell that Isobel used to resurrect herself in one of her decendants. When the book was destroyed the spell was broken, much like the spell that Isobel cast on Lex. When Clark pushed the piano away the spell was broken.

However, the spell that Isobel used on Lana was cast in blood making it more potent.

I can kind of fanwank that one. ;)

Third, Isobel would resurface when Lana was in danger or in pain, such as in "Sacred." But Lana was constantly in danger, getting beat up or something throughout season four. Since Isobel obviously wanted to preserve the bodies life that she was using, why didn't she resurface more during other dangerous/painful situations?

Okay, lets got through each of the episodes since Spell and see how much danger Lana was actually in.

5.09 - Bound

This episode was a Lexcentric episode, Lana met Genevieve for the first time and was barely in the episode so she wasnt in any danger at all.

5.10 - Scared

Lana was exposed to a psychological toxin which would probably mean that Isobel was powerless.

5.11 - Unsafe

I guess if things had gone too far Isobel could have saved Lana from having sex with Jason, but fortunately it didnt get to that point. ;)

5.12 - Pariah

Jason was able to save Lana before her life was in question.

5.13 - Recruit

I guess Isobel could have saved the audience from listening to another one of Lana's speeches about lies and secrets. ;)

5.14 - Krypto

Lana was only seen with Chloe in this episode. No threat.

5.15 - Sacred

Isobel makes her second appearance.

5.16 - Lucy

I think everyone should have been worried about saving themselves from Lana in this episode. This is the episode when we got to see that Lana can also play the game that everyone does on her.

5.17 - Onyx

Lex kissing her was the only real threat. She stood her ground and sort Clark out for help in this one.

5.18 - Spirit

Another psychological disorder that most likely rendered Isobel helpless. Must have been squeezy inside Lana's body in that episode.

5.19 - Blank

No threats in this episode. Just some lovey dovey eyes from Clark.

5.20 - Ageless

Exploding babies. Me say no more. :D

5.21 - Forever

She was frozen or whatever it was that happened to her, so her body was disabled. Isobel wouldnt have been able to present herself.

5.22 - Commencement

Isobel made her appearance when Genevieve was choking Lana.

There you go Avid, three major plotholes of the witch/stone arc.

There ya go, 3 answers. :D

avidreader said:
Okay, I'm back.

I'm glad, I was waiting for your reply, and I must say..well done.

Avidreader said:
Here's a line from the transcript, just before she is set aflame.

She said she would have vengeance. She never said that she was going to destroy all of Gertrude's heirs. She got her vengeance by killing Genevieve. Jason was nothing without his mother, thus her vengeance was made and Isobel left.

I'll have to scour the episodes, but I'm pretty sure there was one where they explained that her revenge would be by cutting off the Teague bloodline.

Avidreader said:
The spell Isobel used to bring back Briana and Madeline was a potion spell, obviously not as powerful as the spell that Isobel used to resurrect herself in one of her decendants. When the book was destroyed the spell was broken, much like the spell that Isobel cast on Lex. When Clark pushed the piano away the spell was broken.

However, the spell that Isobel used on Lana was cast in blood making it more potent.

I can kind of fanwank that one.

I'll accept that, it's reasonable, albight very fanwanky.:D

Avidreader said:
Okay, lets got through each of the episodes since Spell and see how much danger Lana was actually in.

5.09 - Bound

This episode was a Lexcentric episode, Lana met Genevieve for the first time and was barely in the episode so she wasnt in any danger at all.

5.10 - Scared

Lana was exposed to a psychological toxin which would probably mean that Isobel was powerless.

Number one-Isobel should have saved us from Dr. Quinn.
Second, I would have thought magic would have been more powerful than a krypto toxin.

5.11 - Unsafe

I guess if things had gone too far Isobel could have saved Lana from having sex with Jason, but fortunately it didnt get to that point.

Isobel wouldn't have saved her from that. Isobel probably hadn't had sex in hundreds of years, she has needs too.;)

5.12 - Pariah

Jason was able to save Lana before her life was in question.

Isobel wouldn't have known that Jason was coming in, I think that getting suffocated would have qualified for a intervention.

5.13 - Recruit

I guess Isobel could have saved the audience from listening to another one of Lana's speeches about lies and secrets. ;)

5.14 - Krypto

Lana was only seen with Chloe in this episode. No threat.

These are ok, but Lana needed protection against fleas.:O
5.15 - Sacred

Isobel makes her second appearance.

5.16 - Lucy

I think everyone should have been worried about saving themselves from Lana in this episode. This is the episode when we got to see that Lana can also play the game that everyone does on her.

5.17 - Onyx

Lex kissing her was the only real threat. She stood her ground and sort Clark out for help in this one.

Once again, we're ok here.

5.18 - Spirit

Another psychological disorder that most likely rendered Isobel helpless. Must have been squeezy inside Lana's body in that episode.

I think Magic could overcome it here too.

5.19 - Blank

No threats in this episode. Just some lovey dovey eyes from Clark.

5.20 - Ageless

Exploding babies. Me say no more. :D

5.21 - Forever

She was frozen or whatever it was that happened to her, so her body was disabled. Isobel wouldnt have been able to present herself.

I think Isobel would have taken out wax statue boy, Magic should have the upper hand again.
5.22 - Commencement

Isobel made her appearance when Genevieve was choking Lana.
This should show that the shower curtain scene should have called out Isobel too.

There ya go, 3 answers. :D

You done good. :up:

Brainiac 8 said:
I'm glad, I was waiting for your reply, and I must say..well done.

Thank you.

I'll have to scour the episodes, but I'm pretty sure there was one where they explained that her revenge would be by cutting off the Teague bloodline.

Well Genevieve told Jason that Isobel vowed to destroy their blood line, but Isobel herself didnt say that. Since the family tree was removed and with it all record of events, it could have been misinterpreted after 400 odd years.

Isobel wouldn't have known that Jason was coming in, I think that getting suffocated would have qualified for a intervention.

Yes, but if you remember in Sacred, Lana was being electrocuted for a bit before Isobel took over. So its not like Isobel senses the danger and jumps in before it happens. Lana has to actually be put in danger before Isobel appears. I'm saying Jason saved her before it got to that point.

Second, I would have thought magic would have been more powerful than a krypto toxin.

I think Magic could overcome it here too.

I think Isobel would have taken out wax statue boy, Magic should have the upper hand again.

Maybe it should have, maybe it couldnt. At least though it was continuity in that it didnt.

*Sticks finger in ears*

LalalalalalalaIcan'thereyoulalalalalala!

Just kidding, actually you gave some really good explanations, better than some of my excuses I told myself to make it ok.

Good onya mate! (Sorry, my cyber aussie accent isn't so good.):O :up:

Brainiac 8 said:
*Sticks finger in ears*

LalalalalalalaIcan'thereyoulalalalalala!

Just kidding, actually you gave some really good explanations, better than some of my excuses I told myself to make it ok.

Good onya mate! (Sorry, my cyber aussie accent isn't so good.):O :up:

I keep telling everyone, Goodonya, is all one word. :D

In the ep Lexmas some Some things did confuse me like Johnathan Kent is alive in Lex's future but shouldn't he be dead as he dies in the 100th episode? I wanted more props that Clark was Superman, like Clark rushing out and and giving an excuse. But I liked the nod they give about Clark working at the Planet, but no meantion of Lois though.

I also in the ep Solitude when Fine opens the portal for Zod look and pause your dvd as you can see Zod's face trapped in the phantom thingy.

Lunar_Wolf said:
In the ep Lexmas some Some things did confuse me like Johnathan Kent is alive in Lex's future but shouldn't he be dead as he dies in the 100th episode? I wanted more props that Clark was Superman, like Clark rushing out and and giving an excuse. But I liked the nod they give about Clark working at the Planet, but no meantion of Lois though.

I also in the ep Solitude when Fine opens the portal for Zod look and pause your dvd as you can see Zod's face trapped in the phantom thingy.

In Lexmas, what they were showing Lex was only one possible future depending on the actions he takes. What's to say the Jonathan wouldn't have survived had Lex taken that road in his dream? It was just a vision given to him, with some possible outcomes. As far as we know the details may have changed here and there. And as far as Clark goes, Lex didn't know for sure about his abilities, and since it was just a vision of a possible future, Lex's subconcious would have no reason to think Clark would run off to save the day.

Brainiac 8 said:
In Lexmas, what they were showing Lex was only one possible future depending on the actions he takes. What's to say the Jonathan wouldn't have survived had Lex taken that road in his dream? It was just a vision given to him, with some possible outcomes. As far as we know the details may have changed here and there. And as far as Clark goes, Lex didn't know for sure about his abilities, and since it was just a vision of a possible future, Lex's subconcious would have no reason to think Clark would run off to save the day.

I was about to answer him but you said it pretty perfectly. Life is really one big chain reaction so whos to say Lex's choice wouldnt have affected Jonathan's fate? Anyway heres mine:

Top 5:
1. Memoria - probably the deepest episode ever next to Lexmas. I almost cried during the Lex/Lionel convo at the end
2. Hidden - brilliant drama. Clark's death intercut with lion-el's awakening was great
3. Transference - great performances and I just loved all the interaction between Lionel-as-Clark and the other characters
4. Rosetta - Chris Reeve. Superman theme. Nuff said
5. Pilot - great start to a great show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"