Zac Efron stars in Wrestling Drama “The Iron Claw” | A24

Even if he has more of a Kerry vibe/physique, it still is a pretty impressive transformation!

Ari Daivari recalls pitching to Vince McMahon to re-hire Shawn Daivari so they could tag together

** John Pozarowski of the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling Podcast welcomed Marshall and Ross Von Erich onto his show. He asked the former MLW World Tag Team Champions about ‘The Iron Claw’ film which is about the Von Erich family. Marshall said he believes the director has been in contact with Kevin Von Erich.

Marshall: No [the Von Erich family is not part of The Iron Claw film]. They’re making the movie. My dad is a public figure so they’re making the movie but, the director, I believe, he’s been contacting my dad and they’ve been talking and stuff and apparently, he’s a lifelong fan and he loves my dad, he wants to tell the story right and so we’re just hoping for the best. They seem like really good people and stuff and so, we’ll see. You never know with movies… Just like my brother was saying, he’s so different. People that know him, that really know him, you’ll probably never meet anybody like him. Some people that don’t know him would assume that he’s this good-looking pretty boy, Hollywood guy but, he wasn’t at all… I think if it’s told right, it’s gonna be a really, really great movie and I mean, it could be so many things. Of course, a love story, of course it can be sad, you know? With the deaths and the brothers but if you look at my dad, it’s not a sad story after… He told us death can do two things to a man. It can harden you towards the world and make you hate everything or it can break you down and make you compassionate towards those who suffer and my dad is one of the most compassionate men that I’ve ever met, with my children, with all the nieces and nephews, with us.

They joked about the photo of Zac Efron that’s been circulating on social media of him on set for ‘The Iron Claw’. Marshall recounted Kevin Von Erich joking that Efron needs to relax because he’s looking overqualified for the role. Marshall joked that he might have to switch to the role of Kerry Von Erich.

Marshall: Dude, huge, I know [he said about the photo of Zac Efron on set of The Iron Claw]. My dad said, ‘All right man, relax. You’re looking too good’ [he laughed].

Ross: Yeah, he’s out there.

Marshall: Might have to switch roles to uncle Kerry.

Feel like this is shaping up to be 'The Whale' of next season - heavy subject, popular star taking a major dramatic turn, A24... Interesting to see how it turns out.

interesting that we've only seen set/promo pics of Efron... who {I'll give credit when credit is do} seemed to of setted up his game, to bulk up for the role, setting a high standard for the rest of the cast..

so I'm curious to see if Harris Dickinson or Jeremy Allen White were able to get nearly as big

[URL="https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1104664/mjf-disputes-report-about-his-role-in-the-iron-claw/"]MJF Disputes Report About His Role In 'The Iron Claw' - Wrestling Inc.[/URL]

MJF is pushing back at reports that he has been cast as Kevin Vaughn, better known as Lance Von Erich, in the new film "The Iron Claw."

In an interview with the Long Island-based daily newspaper Newsday, AEW's reigning heel boy refuted the story first reported by PWInsider.com that he will be playing Vaughn, who was briefly and unsuccessfully passed off as a cousin of the Von Erich wrestling clan after Mike Von Erich's health problems prevented him from returning to the ring.

"I don't know where that came from, because I never confirmed that," MJF said. When asked if the story was not true, MJF responded, "People are just guessing. I never said that. I'll just say whatever I end up doing in that movie is incredible, because I'm incredible. And, my God, the cast is so stacked. Zac Efron is the GOAT. Jeremy Allen White, Lily James: Insanely talented people."

Ric Flair Will Likely Be Included In 'The Iron Claw' Movie

According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the movie will be all about the 1980s. There will also likely be a Ric Flair character, but it is unknown who will portray him. In an interview, Colby Corino mentioned that he was mentoring an actor who he believed was playing Flair in the film about Flair and the Carolinas.

Bruiser Brody is portrayed by Cazzey Louis Cereghino. The actor playing Mike Von Erich is Stanley Simons. It is reported that MJF will play Lance Von Erich, but he has since clapped back at that. Harley Race is portrayed by Kevin Anton and Michael Hayes will be played by Brady Pierce.

MJF mentioned in a NSFW promo that he starts filming for Iron Claw tomorrow.

Jeremy's looking bigger, but, Harris {hard to tell in the long sleeves} seems kinda slim, tho, he is the taller and leaner of the 3 to start off, so harder to build that kinda bulk as fast

Nice to see some of the other cast members of the film.

While the role is expected to be a cameo, Flair played a huge part in the Von Erich’s wrestling legacy when he fought Kerry Von Erich for the NWA Championship Belt in 1984. As previously reported by Deadline, Durkin is already welcoming the wrestling community into this film by casting AEW superstar Maxwell Jacob Friedman aka MJF in the film as Lance Von Erich.

I have one word to say, and that is…

Last edited:
Chavo Guerrero Made Promise To The Von Erichs About 'The Iron Claw' - Wrestling Inc.

As such, Guerrero revealed in an interview with Wrestling Inc. Senior News Editor Nick Hausman that he made a promise to Kevin's children — MLW stars Marshall and Ross Von Erich — before he began work on "The Iron Claw." "I told Marshall and Ross, I said 'Guys, I promise you that I will, at least my part, I will do it justice and I'll make it like I was making it for my own family,'" Guerrero said. "Because we're all family. If you grow up in the wrestling business, you're part of this extended family, for sure.

"I've [been] to the Von Erichs' ranch in Hawaii and jumped off their waterfall and all that stuff. A lot of people have," he added. "They were very open and bringing me out there. So I told them right [at] the start, 'Guys, I will treat it like I'm making it about the Guerreros.' So they were receptive to that and I love that."

Read More: Chavo Guerrero Made Promise To The Von Erichs About 'The Iron Claw' - Wrestling Inc.

What's Next for Jeremy Allen White?

Finding characters who grapple with loneliness helped White select his next two projects, which will film more or less simultaneously: Apple’s big sci-fi movie Fingernails, starring Riz Ahmed, and the winner of the A24 script battle royal, The Iron Claw. The latter tells the tragic true story of the Von Erich brothers, who form a professional wrestling troupe. White will play Kerry Von Erich, the charismatic leader, alongside Zac Efron. When White was booked for the role, Efron sent him a “really lovely note”:

Get training, eat, keep doing what you’re doing, stay hard.

White will try to put on 40 pounds of muscle to play Von Erich. It feels like an unusual role for him, but what White most appreciates is that the wrestler has something in common with Carmy: a quiet discomfort with his surroundings, a sense that he doesn’t belong. “There’s something human about never feeling like you are really your own man,” says White. “All great drama is about family, whether it’s blood or not. It’s about acceptance, it’s about belonging, and just getting away from loneliness.”

I didn't realize the movie was about the Von Erich's, there's certainly enough story and drama there for a movie. Who's playing Kerry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"