Far From Home Zendaya IS MJ

well the big thing for me is that I got more of feel of who this character actually is but I think that was due more to Zendaya having more screen time than anything in the script. In homecoming I really did not know what to make of Michelle. did she really want to be friends with peter or was she some type of crazy stalker chick who was just using peter to get to spider-man

she was someone who showed up out of nowhere from time to time and she always seem to be following peter where ever he went. Honestly if they really wanted to they could have easily turned Mj into twist villain who was really working with vulture at the end of that film since we really did not know anything about her or her true motivations

In far from home because she has way more screen time
they mystery behind her character fades away and it becomes pretty obvious that she is not the evil stalker chick that I thought she was and she clearly cares about peter

Uh... But that doesn't answer anything. I don't think ANYONE thought she was a crazy stalker chick, nor was there any intention on the part of the film makers to even come close to presenting her that way. So I ask again... What did you actually learn about her? What did we learn about her as a person outside of that she returns the affections that Peter has for her and that she was suspicious from the outset at him being Spidey? She was a sarcastic nerdy girl in HC... And that's pretty much what she was her. Her getting involved in the fight against the villain in the third act didn't reveal anything we didn't know already either. We already know she's smart or else she wouldn't be at the school Peter is at and in the same classes. So again... What did we learn?

Uh... But that doesn't answer anything. I don't think ANYONE thought she was a crazy stalker chick, nor was there any intention on the part of the film makers to even come close to presenting her that way. So I ask again... What did you actually learn about her? What did we learn about her as a person outside of that she returns the affections that Peter has for her and that she was suspicious from the outset at him being Spidey? She was a sarcastic nerdy girl in HC... And that's pretty much what she was her. Her getting involved in the fight against the villain in the third act didn't reveal anything we didn't know already either. We already know she's smart or else she wouldn't be at the school Peter is at and in the same classes. So again... What did we learn?

I have already explained what I learned about MJ and what I though they were going for in homecoming. As you said many may not have seen her as a crazy stalker chick but I did and far from home did a lot to chance my perception of her character

Now if you don't think was a good enough answer than Im sorry I don't know what else to tell you
bottom line is thought MJ in far from home was pretty awesome and Zendaya and Tom were great together.

Two movies in and I still feel like we know absolutely nothing about her character. While I'm not the biggest fan of Zendaya she isn't a bad actress at all, and I would even go as far as to say that after watching only a few episodes of Euphoria she definitely has a bright future ahead of her, but really why should I care or like this iteration of Mary Jane, because I feel like they honestly haven't given me enough reasons too. Other than her character being awkward and quirky I'm not really seeing why Peter even has feelings for her. I thought he had much better chemistry with Liz Allen in Homecoming, especially with the whole awkward, teenage romance angle they are going for.

This is so bizarre because she's MJ but not Mary Jane Watson which makes this character confusing to judge.

This is my only complaint with her, that Marvel’s done this weird limbo thing with her. Just keep her an original character. Nothing wrong with making a new love interest. Mary Jane was new at one point.

That aside, I liked seeing that MJ was a bit more vulnerable in this. She admitted she put on the too cool for school act because she doesn’t like to let people get close. And more than that, I really felt that I was watching a kid, because they are still just kids, try to deal with her emotions. And that made her very endearing.

This is so bizarre because she's MJ but not Mary Jane Watson which makes this character confusing to judge.
I doubt that Marvel will ever introduce the "real" Mary Jane Watson as that will be confusing as hell for the audience and that it would be weird if Peter dated another girl named MJ.

I started liking her more in this movie. Her scenes with Peter were great. I didn't like her in Homecoming.

I doubt that Marvel will ever introduce the "real" Mary Jane Watson as that will be confusing as hell for the audience and that it would be weird if Peter dated another girl named MJ.
I mean they can always just make a joke out of it.

MJ didn't feel like a character in Homecoming and that she was unlikable in that movie. But I thought she was solid in Far From Home and MJ/Peter felt like a genuine teenage relationship.

I think they got cold feet and thought the fanbase was more reactionary than it actually was. 2019 Disney would have no problem making her Mary Jane.

Ok, I still don't know if I prefer Mary Jane or Michelle as characters. But I think that Michelle is especially great fit with this Peter Parker.

I actually liked her in this movie. I don’t mind if she’s the MCU version of MJ. I’m just glad she acted like a normal person in this movie and showed some vulnerability. I don’t really care if she’s not a redhead, model or actress, or never calls Peter “tiger”.

Is Hollywood afraid of iconic redheads? Lol first MJ Watson is a black girl then Ariel is? :hehe:

I'm surprised Mera was a redhead and not a black girl lol.

MJ has been really, really underserved as a character.

They sort of played at the
girlfriend figures out the secret identity
thing, but it was pretty half ass, and it's been done so much better.

It's a shame. They had a chance to present the character with some real relevancy and depth, and she just feels like a cog in the romantic triangle sense.

I like Zendaya's take and the personality quirks, but the character doesn't feel like anything special. She doesn't feel like she's reaching for anything special, or developing toward that.

I thought she was vastly improved in FFH. She was annoying in Homecoming but felt much easier to like this time round.

It's not a likability issue. It's an issue with a complete lack of exploration of the character. His entire supporting cast seems to exist purely for comic relief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"