ZEUS - Russell Crowe

Traveling to Olympus by the looks of it.

50e18a1c694751937c9fd42df17a0631aacb8299.gif

2abfc2639f92cbd212535276c65180ca58a880bf.gif

36dc5dad2f33e5ea2680f6841be8d9f2491c05a8.gif

72da32a371204d7b4157292cacc603375514160b.gif

fc6c614fca040caa84d5d88adfa1bd4e8b2c7631.gif

Gorr about to go Kratos on that whole situation.

8Cn6.gif

Is Zeus likely to get much screen time/survive?

So I see he did not bother working out for this lol

Does Zeus really strike you as the "working out" kind of god, as opposed to the "endless debauchery" kind of god? I mean, there's a reason Dionysus is one of his ( many many many because horniness ) kids. ;)

So excited to see all the gods in this film, I hope we get to see some gods from other planets as well.

So excited to see all the gods in this film, I hope we get to see some gods from other planets as well.

It'd definitely be cool to see some of the Egyptian gods from MK (in their true forms, as opposed to their to avatars).

And the fact that Falligar the Behemoth is in it (dead, unfortunately), suggests that "alien" gods will be in it too.

It'd definitely be cool to see some of the Egyptian gods from MK (in their true forms, as opposed to their to avatars).

And the fact that Falligar the Behemoth is in it (dead, unfortunately), suggests that "alien" gods will be in it too.
Yeah, that would be awesome.

So in the comics, is Zeus the same level as Odin?

So in the comics, is Zeus the same level as Odin?
As a Skyfather and leader of his own pantheon of Gods, he should in theory be more or less on par with Odin. In the comics I think that Odin is a bit more powerful but Zeus is formidable in his own right.

For perspective Zeus once completely destroyed the Hulk in a very similar manner to how Thanos manhandled him in IW.

Last edited:
As a Skyfather and leader of his own pantheon of Gods, he should in theory be more or less on par with Odin. In the comics I think that Odin is a bit more powerful but Zeus is formidable in his own right.

For perspective Zeus once completely destroyed the Hulk in a very similar manner to how Thanos manhandled him in IW.

Nah it was way worse than what Thanos did to him.

Zeus is certainly a Skyfather, but aside from "Less powerful than Odin" I think its kind of vague exactly how powerful Zeus is. I mean, he seems fairly buff by that standard, but a lot of that is probably "I have more appearances than the vast majority of gods in my power tier" ( a *lot* of titular Skyfathers have no feats at all and barely any appearances ).

It always raises the question is where were these powerful beings when Thanos snapped his fingers?

It always raises the question is where were these powerful beings when Thanos snapped his fingers?

I mean, just because you are a god doesn't mean you are omniscient. So, any powerful god that isn't active on the material plane, and/or doesn't pay particular attention to Earth or one of a small number of places, won't even know that there is any risk until it happens ( barring actual precog ). And even those who notice, might or might not care, or be willing to take the risk of moving against Thanos, or be able to get to the relevant portions of the universe quickly enough to matter. I mean, there is a relatively narrow margin of time between "Thanos starts to collect the Infinity Stones successfully" and "Snap".

There's also the complicating factor of "Odin's death and the fall of Asgard", which probably blew up a *lot* of universal political and balance of power assumptions, and also that not everyone seems to know what the Infinity Stones even *are*. If you don't know they exist, or don't know they can be used together for greater effect, or don't know that Thanos has developed a way to use them safely without just blowing himself up instead. . .

Waititi is even more secretive about Russell Crowe's role as the god Zeus, but teases that Crowe plays the role in "a way you've never seen Russell before."

"I consider Russell a friend, and I forget that there are some friends I have who are really incredible at what they do," Waititi says with a laugh. "When I was on set with Russell, I was like, 'Oh ****, that's right! You're Russell Crowe! You're a really amazing actor!'"

Exclusive: Taika Waititi teases 'Thor: Love and Thunder' as Thor's 'midlife crisis' film

That was clearly his Asgardian 'pre-midlife crisis' prep crisis.

Do you even Asgardian, bro? :o

I appreciate that this movie seems to want to continue to move Thor's character forward. All the **** he's gone through in the past few movies, it makes sense that his character would be at a crossroads with his path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"