• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

10.11 - Icarus - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

KalKai

n/a
Reaction score
http://tv.ign.com/articles/112/1124741p1.html

Smallville: Battlestar Alum Set to Play DC's Deathstroke

Exclusive: Deadly comic book character to debut on the Clark Kent series.

October 1, 2010

Exclusive: One of the coolest characters from the DC Comics Universe is coming to Smallville - and the actor they've cast in the role is a very fun and inspired choice.

Slade Wilson will be introduced in the ninth episode of Smallville this season, called "Patriot." We'll only know him by the name Slade when we meet him, but DC fans of course are aware that this is the man destined to become Deathstroke, an incredibly skilled and dangerous mercenary – and IGN's pick as the #32 on our Top 100 Comic Book Villains of All Time list!

Playing Slade will be Michael Hogan, the veteran actor best known for his work as Colonel Saul Tigh on Battlestar Galactica. While his role on BSG called for Hogan to often play a drunken mess, we also got to see plenty of his tough side too, which I'm guessing will be called upon big time when Slade shows up in Clark Kent's life. And while I can't tell you whether Slade will be missing an eye yet when he comes to Smallville, it's hard not to be amused about Hogan already having experience playing an eye-patch wearing character.​

SladeTigh_1285937403.jpg
Will Michael Hogan (seen in his Battlestar days) again rock an eye patch on Smallville as Slade?​

Hogan is currently slated to appear in two episodes, including the eleventh episode of Season 10, which is called "Icarus." After that, we'll see if he'll show up again before the show comes to a close at the end of the season. But I know I can't be alone in hoping to see Slade take on the Deathstroke guise!​

Slade is the latest addition to a season that will also see the Smallville debuts of Deadshot, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, on top of the growing threat of Darkseid.​

Last edited:
Is this the same Slade from the Teen Titans cartoon?

Oh that's cool. That's the only version I'm aware of. I've never read the comics with him in it.

In the comics he is pure awesome, he even skewered the Flash with his kitana at one point and shot Impulses knee out.

He's awesome.

Yeah Deathstroke is pretty much even matched with Batman on all levels, he is one of the best villians in the DCU

Deathstroke is the greatest.

Hopefully they do the character justice and not "Slade" in name only!

He was called Slade in the Teen Titans show right? Cuz they probably couldn't use the word Deathstroke on a kids show.

Hopefully they don't screw him up like they did on Lois & Clark.

Beyond looking forward to seeing Deathstroke in live action format.

The casting alone is fantastic, so hopefully the writing backs it up. :up:

Hopefully they don't screw him up like they did on Lois & Clark.

Yeah that was an embrassment, That was no way near the Deathstroke we all know.

My only concern is, I like the actor he is good, but he doesn't have the build as Slade Wilson, I'm not saying looks, cause I could care less if an actor doesn't look exactly like the comic counterpart. I'm talking the actor should be physically strong, and have a musclar tone.

Again that is the only concern, other than that I can't wait to see his perfomance

Er, my knowledge of villains is rather low. I know more about the Superman villains then I do the other hero's villains.
But did Deathstroke the Terminator, face off against Superman that much in the comics?
And what are his powers besides being as awesome as Deadpool. :) I mean, people say Deadpool is awesome, and then people say Deathstroke is awesome...so...I guess they're both awesome.
And I think Electrical generation, if Lois and Clark's episode got that right. Plus, I saw him on the Teen Titans Cartoon once...

Also, if electricity is his main method of attack, besides the katana, Superman on Smallville is going to give him a run for his money, so to speak.

I always wanted Deathstroke as one of the villains for Batman III, but the Nolanverse would prevent that.

The genetic engineering\superpower aspects of Deathstroke wouldnt have worked in that context unfortunately.

Er, my knowledge of villains is rather low. I know more about the Superman villains then I do the other hero's villains.
But did Deathstroke the Terminator, face off against Superman that much in the comics?
And what are his powers besides being as awesome as Deadpool. :) I mean, people say Deadpool is awesome, and then people say Deathstroke is awesome...so...I guess they're both awesome.
And I think Electrical generation, if Lois and Clark's episode got that right. Plus, I saw him on the Teen Titans Cartoon once...

Also, if electricity is his main method of attack, besides the katana, Superman on Smallville is going to give him a run for his money, so to speak.

Deathstroke was the inspiration for Deadpool, and is a much better character. He's all the awesome, and none of the stupidity.

Deadshot and Deathstroke both in one season..... I like it. :up:

Thank you, Brainiac 8, and now I just need to figure out how his powers work.
Also, Stupidity? Deadpool? I never read a comic, but the man doesn't seem stupid.
He breaks the fourth wall all the time...but still.

So, who wants to bet on Deathstroke being a bit annoyed if his katana shatters on Clark's body? After all, he doesn't have the Persuader's Atomic Axe.

Here's Dethroke

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deathstroke

Main difference between comics and Cartoon Slade/Deathstroke:
Comic Slade: mercenary and assassin
Cartoon Slade: enigmatic criminal mastermind (though in one episode he states that he enjoys working for someone else), dispatching slews of supervillains and android ninjas to kill the Teen Titans instead of directly coming after them himself
stories you could read
Judas Contract: the story that inspired the Terra storyline in the cartoon

Identity Crisis:Deathstroke taking down GL, Zantanna, Ralph Dibny Wally, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Hawkman and Atom
Ifinitie Crisis:Batman, Robin and Nightwing fights Slade

I'm sure most of you know this, but Icarus was the greek hero who, along with his father, made wings out of wax and flew to escape captivity. Icarus flew too close to the sun, wis wings melted and he got killed. It's just mythology, but the key thing is: Icarus flew.

I don't know what that says for the episode.

I'm sure most of you know this, but Icarus was the greek hero who, along with his father, made wings out of wax and flew to escape captivity. Icarus flew too close to the sun, wis wings melted and he got killed. It's just mythology, but the key thing is: Icarus flew.

I don't know what that says for the episode.
well in his first appearance, he had a son who was also a assassian but he was killed in a fight with the Teen Titans which was what made him into a Teen Titan villian.

well in his first appearance, he had a son who was also a assassian but he was killed in a fight with the Teen Titans which was what made him into a Teen Titan villian.

Damn. That's probably it, then.

Purely Amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"