8.11 - Legion - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
allura? Kara's mother?
Do you mean Imra/Saturn Girl?
I actually wish they'd played up that attraction more. In the silver age sueprgirl tries to set superman up with Imra and he really likes the idea. In Johns's Legion of super-heroes, when they first meet, Clark thinks 'does she have a boyfriend' and she gets all shy and says no.

Agreed, I always loved the superman / Saturn Girl relationship.

I don't need anymore lovey dovey stuff on Smallville.

Lol, I love the word Chloisy. Chloe can take a crap and somebody there would find it "Chloisy" like it somehow makes there theory legit. The amount of stuff they label as "Chloisy" that have nothing to do with Lois and Clark in other media is hilarious.

Chloe posed the same way in this panel from the comics here!! ZOMGGGG HELLO WHY DON'T THE PRODUCERS SEE THIS?!?!?!! KILL EDLOIS AND GIVE US CHLOIS!! ITS THE ONLY REASONABLE CHOICE!

Oh well, that's over. Fun while it lasted..

Chloe posed the same way in this panel from the comics here!! ZOMGGGG HELLO WHY DON'T THE PRODUCERS SEE THIS?!?!?!! KILL EDLOIS AND GIVE US CHLOIS!! ITS THE ONLY REASONABLE CHOICE!

I am suprised I never seen this picture used by a Chlois Supporter to prove she has been blond in the comics before:

30.jpg

Like how "Chloisy" is that

I am suprised I never seen this picture used by a Chlois Supporter to prove she has been blond in the comics before:

30.jpg

Like how "Chloisy" is that

Superman hates blondes. *shrugs*

yea read your review trip once again another good review. As you know i love hearing all those insights you have on the show, writers/directors, etc....

I hope Clark uses the ring for something other than going on a vacation to the future.

I actually hope that they have a single serving episode, where Clark goes back in time and stops himself from saving Lex on the bridge. It could be for some contrived Lana issue. But whatever the case is, it would be nice to see Clark return to a future where he never accepted his destiny (again), due to the challanges that Lex brought to his life after Clark first rescued him. I think it would be a nice way for them to reinforce the idea, that it is still the people of Smallville, good and bad, who have shaped Clark into superman.

he cant take the ring to the past, rokk stated it is only programed to send who ever puts on the ring to take them directly to 3009 where the legion are from in sv timeline.

I hope he uses the ring to travel into the future and meets more of the Legion. He sees a futuristic world (perhaps not as futuristic as the comics Legion world is).
And meets the new Brainiac 5.
But more than just a vacation, he should just happen to show up to help the Legion face a catastrophic bad guy.
Almost like his going into the future right then was predestined somehow.

Yea would be nice but we know with smallville's shoestring budget we couldnt see a futuristic city and loads of legionaries around. Look what we gotten to see of krypton in the show. Heck we didnt even get to see maxima on almerac before she ported to earth.

he cant take the ring to the past, rokk stated it is only programed to send who ever puts on the ring to take them directly to 3009 where the legion are from in sv timeline.

let's not make up facts Webhead. He said it was for time travel only, not for flight. He did not say 'when' it would take him. Imra explained how he could use the ring.

let's not make up facts Webhead. He said it was for time travel only, not for flight. He did not say 'when' it would take him. Imra explained how he could use the ring.

Uh. He did say the ring was programmed to take the user directly to 3009. He didn't say it wasn't possible to reprogram it. But he most definitely said that's where it was set to go.

Uh. He did say the ring was programmed to take the user directly to 3009. He didn't say it wasn't possible to reprogram it. But he most definitely said that's where it was set to go.

UH, this is what was said, I paraphrase:

Roc Says: 'It's for time travel only, no flight.'

Imra Says: 'just concentrate on 3009'

To me, that means if he concentrates elsewhere, he can go elsewhere in time. I don't get where you guys are getting this. Watch the episode again... uh

Agreed, I always loved the superman / Saturn Girl relationship.
saturn_girl.jpg

Sure Superman, sure!

and of course Lightning Lad catching them in the act...with the infamous incest panel
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee114/shayera9/supergirl3-2.jpg
http://very-very.info/superfuturefriends/appendices/015_bestpage.jpg

and for the fun of it...he smooches with triplicate girl
http://www.studiosanning.shawbiz.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/membership/superboy/superboy_resigns.jpg

Last edited:
UH, this is what was said, I paraphrase:

Roc Says: 'It's for time travel only, no flight.'

Imra Says: 'just concentrate on 3009'

To me, that means if he concentrates elsewhere, he can go elsewhere in time. I don't get where you guys are getting this. Watch the episode again... uh

Touche. Just re watched it and you're most certainly correct.

funnily enough as I was looking for the saturn girl and superboy images I found this from they Trial of Star Boy.
superboy_defends.jpg

Kind of directly contradicts the episode, the legion are the 'absolutely no killing' people here. I guess they don't want to shatter the 'perfect' Superman image these days.

Doesn't that same Superboy grow up to kill hundreds of people and start an intergalactic war by shoving a planet into another or am I confusing things?

I think you are confusing things. This was silver age superman.

Love all these old silverage Legion pics. I didn't know Supes was such a playa back in the day.

Lol ^ he's been lucky on Smallville, if you think about all the really hot girls he was hooking up with, well Welling was i guess..

I think you are confusing things. This was silver age superman.

Damn crises. I don't know which Superboy is supposed to turn evil. So that Superman really did have a history as Superboy? There was no Smallville high and learning how to use his powers first or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"