Future guest comic writers you'd like to see?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Jeph Loeb wrote a handful of episodes. Geoff Johns wrote the fantastic "Legion" last season and will be writing "Society" this season. I think a few other writers have either crossed over from the show to comics or vice versa.

My question is: Is there a comic writer you'd like to see eventually write an episode of Smallville?

I have to say, I'd like to see Mark Waid write an episode.

hmm thats a hard one, i dont know to many dc guys off hand. But it would be great if they can get a few more comic writers to pen an episode or two.

Mark Waid would be good....

Greg Rucka?

I would like to see an episode written by either John Byrne, Elliot S! Maggin, or Mark Waid.

Mark Waid doing a Bart Allen episode would be a highlight. Gail Simone on a Black canary appearance

Grant Morrison - loved All Star Superman.

John Byrne (pipe dream but everything in SV except Pa Kent being dead is right in line with what he did in MOS )

Last edited:
Grant Morrison's writing is completely nutty. He has an encyclopaedic knowledge of DC. I never thought I'd read about Nasty Luthor again and there she was in all star superman. He would have been my choice to introduce Boss Darkside to smallville.

As for Byrne. Legion exists in Smallville. Byrne is most famous for retconning Superboy and so screwing their entire continuity for 20 years. So not exactly the same.

As for Byrne. Legion exists in Smallville. Byrne is most famous for retconning Superboy and so screwing their entire continuity for 20 years. So not exactly the same.

True, but he later admitted his mistake in doing so, although I dont think the one episode appearance of the Legion really negates much especially since in SV continuity they seem to have been inspired by Superman noit Superboy.

mark waid-superman birthright
kurt busiek-superman secret identity(superboy prime story)
tom de haven- novel It's superman
Kevin anderson-the last days of krypton, enemies and allies
paul dini-superman:peace on earth

mark waid-superman birthright
kurt busiek-superman secret identity(superboy prime story)
tom de haven- novel It's superman
Kevin anderson-the last days of krypton, enemies and allies
paul dini-superman:peace on earth

I completely agree with these two choices.

I left them off initially since they aren't technically comic writers, but would love to see an ep from either or both.

I've read It's Superman and LDOK and enjoyed them immensely.
Currently in the middle of Enemies & Allies and have found it to another winner as well.

I'd be all for Paul Dini writing an episode.

Alex Ross...we know he already likes the series, plus maybe he could sneak some of his art on the show.

I'd say Ed Brubaker, but outside of another Noir, not sure his style would fit the show now that Lex is gone.

Wouldn't mind having Mark Verheiden back, he wrote some good stuff.

Greg Rucka?

I agree 1000%. Too bad Smallville already used Mxyzptlk, because Rucka wrote one of the best stories ever in Adventures of Superman #646. This is one of the top three comics I have ever read.
Plus, I haven't read a comic series of his that wasn't overall greatness...make that everything that wasn't Checkmate, that was not good.

Alex Ross...we know he already likes the series, plus maybe he could sneak some of his art on the show.

I'd say Ed Brubaker, but outside of another Noir, not sure his style would fit the show now that Lex is gone.

Wouldn't mind having Mark Verheiden back, he wrote some good stuff.
Huh, I didnt know Ross was a fan of the show. Cool. :up:

I agree 1000%. Too bad Smallville already used Mxyzptlk, because Rucka wrote one of the best stories ever in Adventures of Superman #646. This is one of the top three comics I have ever read.
Plus, I haven't read a comic series of his that wasn't overall greatness...make that everything that wasn't Checkmate, that was not good.
What, that lameass in "Jinx"? That was not Mxyzptlk. They need to retcon the hell out of that episode.

Speaking of former writers/producers of the show, i would love to see deknight return for an episode or two.

Speaking of former writers/producers of the show, i would love to see deknight return for an episode or two.

Agreed. I dont even know what he's been up to lately.

Agreed. I dont even know what he's been up to lately.

I think he's producing a show for Starz...

*checks IMDB*

Yep, he's doing Spartacus.

It looks good. I saw a preview of that when I saw Vantage Point earlier tonight.

Think: 300 on the small screen. Instead of Trojans, it's Gladitors in Rome.

Looks sexy and full of pretty and artful violence with slow motion and graceful fighting.

:up:

Looks awesome!

:D

(Although, I don't know how much they'll depend on CGI enhanced abs... ;) )

Although, I'm a bit worried about the writing staff.

Stephen looks to be the show runner, but the only two credited writers are the writing team responsible for the 7th season's disastrous Hero.

*shudders*

Glad that will probably mean they'll never write for Smallville again, but I hope they got back the pieces of their souls they sold to produce that product placement dreck they called an episode.

They might need more of their souls available to sell off since they might need extra while working on a Starz network show.

:mad:

Last edited:
Yea i enjoyed most of his episodes he wrote and directed/produced, it was sad to see him leave like others like green, ver(spelling) and some others. But even with them gone their are some new guys that are good too like brian Q millar for one.

I think he's producing a show for Starz...

*checks IMDB*

Yep, he's doing Spartacus.

It looks good. I saw a preview of that when I saw Vantage Point earlier tonight.

Think: 300 on the small screen. Instead of Trojans, it's Gladitors in Rome.

Looks sexy and full of pretty and artful violence with slow motion and graceful fighting.

Looks awesome!

:D

(Although, I don't know how much they'll depend on CGI enhanced abs... ;) )

Although, I'm a bit worried about the writing staff.

Stephen looks to be the show runner, but the only two credited writers are the writing team responsible for the 7th season's disastrous Hero.

*shudders*

Glad that will probably mean they'll never write for Smallville again, but I hope they got back the pieces of their souls they sold to produce that product placement dreck they called an episode.

They might need more of their souls available to sell off since they might need extra while working on a Starz network show.

:mad:

Eh. What a waste. I'm sorry, I'm just not into all that Sword and Sandals crap.

It would be great if loeb did another episode. At the con he did say if his schedule worked out with smallville's schedule he would love to come back.

It would be great if loeb did another episode. At the con he did say if his schedule worked out with smallville's schedule he would love to come back.

I just wish he'd choose television or comics already. Honestly, he's spreading himself pretty thin between the two and his work on both sides is suffering.

Personally, I hope he gives up TV for a while to focus on comics.

Eh. What a waste. I'm sorry, I'm just not into all that Sword and Sandals crap.

It looks pretty cool. You see 300?

It looks like stylistically, it'll be like that. With slow motion and very graphic novel like action.

I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Yep. It would be nice.

I just wish he'd choose television or comics already. Honestly, he's spreading himself pretty thin between the two and his work on both sides is suffering.

Personally, I hope he gives up TV for a while to focus on comics.

I think that he can do both, if he wants, but he needs to get involved in better TV show or maybe only do that on a freelance basis.

Being a staff writer, I'm not sure is a good idea for a guy whose primary focus is writing for comics.

what about Brad Meltzer. he did Identity crisis, Green Arrow:the archer quet, JlA. He really did a great job with green arrow so I think he should do a few episodes
or
alan burrnet he did a few cartoons like the batman, dcau and Green Lantern: first flight so I trust him
mark waid did kingdom come, superman birthright, JLA, etc
kurt busiek did alot of superman stories like superman: secret identity,
or even the Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, and Doug Braithwaite team from Justice(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_(DC_Comics))
or the paul dini and alex ross team(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_Greatest_Super-Heroes)

theses are great superman writers and if they write on smallville alot of people could understand

Last edited:
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini......for smallville and the next movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"