100 TV catchphrases

Forgot about SNL and NIP-TUCK. Nip Tuck is one of my faviorite shows.

Dude You're Getting A Dell!! I hated those commercials. Even though i have a dell.

"What's that Lassie? Timmy's stuck in the well?" -Lassie

"Oh My God" - Every episode of Trading Spaces, seriously, that's all anyone says at the end of that show.

i was sure

You Are the Weakest Link, Goodbye would be on there.

unless i missed it. ill look back tomorrow. going to bed

Darthphere said:
*cough*Great Scott is from Back to the Future*cough*

Nope it's was Superman catchphrase....

Great Scott! is an exclamation of surprise or amazement which was commonly found in superhero comic books and often said by Superman; it is also known as a line from the character Doc Brown of the Back to the Future film trilogy. The expression dates back at least to the American Civil War, where the phrase appears in the 3 May 1864 diary entry by Private Robert Knox Sneden (later published as Eye of the Storm: a Civil War Odyssey). “ ‘Great Scott,’ who would have thought that this would be the destiny of the Union Volunteer in 1861–2 while marching down Broadway to the tune of ‘John Brown’s Body’ ”.[1]

Bling (or Bling Bling) - any show where they "trick" out a car (thank heavens they FINALLY stopped saying it)

It's not easy being green - Kermit the Frog, Seseme Street
Me want Cookie - Cookie Monster, Seseme Street
C is for Cookie - Cookie Monster, Seseme Street

BlackHardKnight said:
Nope it's was Superman catchphrase....

Great Scott! is an exclamation of surprise or amazement which was commonly found in superhero comic books and often said by Superman; it is also known as a line from the character Doc Brown of the Back to the Future film trilogy. The expression dates back at least to the American Civil War, where the phrase appears in the 3 May 1864 diary entry by Private Robert Knox Sneden (later published as Eye of the Storm: a Civil War Odyssey). “ ‘Great Scott,’ who would have thought that this would be the destiny of the Union Volunteer in 1861–2 while marching down Broadway to the tune of ‘John Brown’s Body’ ”.[1]

Thats nice and all, but its a Back to the Future line, no one uses it as a Superman line, ever. And the same evidence you just posted makes it clear it wasnt exclusive to Superman either.

kane9321 said:
jinkys-thelma(scooby-doo)

this should've been on there.

that list had a bunch of things that shouldn't have been on there

Darthphere said:
Thats nice and all, but its a Back to the Future line, no one uses it as a Superman line, ever. And the same evidence you just posted makes it clear it wasnt exclusive to Superman either.

If u watch any old Superman cartoons he does say it....still a catchphrase of his...and Doc Brown.

Giggity Giggity! ~ Family Guy
Elizabeth! I'm comin to join you! ~ Sanford and Son
Cowabunga! ~ Ninja Turtles

If you smell what The Rock is cooking - The Rock

Do it right. - Mike Holmes "Holmes on Homes"

Can we build it? Yes we Can. Can we fix it? Yes we can!! - Bob the Builder

I'm surprised that somebody watches Bob the Builder.hahaha

How the hell is

"He's dead, Jim" and "I'm a doctor, not a ..." NOT on this list?!

:cmad:

Strong Guy said:
I'm surprised that somebody watches Bob the Builder.hahaha

Hey, I have a 2 year old son. So I also know:

Go Diego go, vamos Diego vamos.

Darthphere said:
Actually, I watched the Back to the Future Movies over Thanksgiving (another favorite of mine), and I did not even think of that phrase as being attributed to anyone other than Superman until you mentioned Doc.

I would actually imagine from the sheer amount of times Superman said "great Scott" in his original TV show and Superfriends he is probably far more famous for it.

Remember when Balki Bartokomus from Perfect Strangers said stuff like "well paint me green and call me gumby!"

^Nah, his was, "well, of course I am, don't be ri-dik-u-lous!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"