• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smallville 11.1 - Guardian - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I believe i heard it on another board but i dont know for sure.

Dr. Hamilton needs to be included as well as Kara and Conner.

I'm sure they will be at least Kara and Conner will be, because the Daily Planet newspaper for 2017 that is featured in the complete series dvd boxset has an article that mention the presence of Supergirl and Superboy in Metropolis .

I'm sure they will be at least Kara and Conner will be, because the Daily Planet newspaper for 2017 that is featured in the complete series dvd boxset has an article that mention the presence of Supergirl and Superboy in Metropolis .

Good. I'd imagine the 11th season and perhaps beyond will try to line up with 2017-18.

can you post it because i have never gotten the chance to see the newspaper yet

This is...interesting. I'm torn between loving the idea and being kinda pissed off.

Pluses:

1.) Sounds like BQM will be doing the scripting himself verses passing each issue around like the village floozy, which caused wildly inconsistent seasons during the show's run. This at least means continuity.

2.) No distracting special-effects or limitations in scope. The stories can now be as broad in scale as BQM wants, and it won't cost DC one additional red cent (I refuse to use the word "e_ _c" after being traumatized by CW PR releases).

3.) As others have said, it may free up guest-appearances by heroes either restricted from or not feasible in live-action, plus being able to do large-scale villains and confrontations. Being essentially, "Superman: Year One", that means no Darkseid or Doomsday for a while, but it's nice to know SV Clark could interact with characters on that visual scale without the characterizations being half-a**ed.

4.) A chance to clear-up lingering plot-holes, assuming BQM even remembers what plot-holes there were (and there were a lot).

Minuses:

1.) Really thought the days of people whining about episodes or arcs needing more Chloe were over. For f**k's sake, not this s**t again...

2.) But honestly, what keeps me from being enthusiastic about this is that - if the show-runners were genuine in their assertion that "the show was never about Superman/Once he's Superman, it's over", and hence no real suit or flight 'til the last minute, then - this feels like a slap in the face by DC for allowing in 2D what I'm sure 99% of the fan-base wanted all along: SV Clark in live-action as Superman. It contradicts their entire rationale for stalling from S5 onward, not putting Tom in the suit, and holding off flight - and for using that godd***n SR suit instead of creating their own.

So... on one hand, "aight, sounds decent", and on the other, "DC can all eat a bag of d**ks".

Last edited:
This is...interesting. I'm torn between loving the idea and being kinda pissed off.

Pluses:

1.) Sounds like BQM will be doing the scripting himself verses passing each issue around like the village floozy, which caused wildly inconsistent seasons during the show's run. This at least means continuity.

2.) No distracting special-effects or limitations in scope. The stories can now be as broad in scale as BQM wants, and it won't cost DC one additional red cent (I refuse to use the word "e_ _c" after being traumatized by CW PR releases).

3.) As others have said, it may free up guest-appearances by heroes either restricted from or not feasible in live-action, plus being able to do large-scale villains and confrontations. Being essentially, "Superman: Year One", that means no Darkseid or Doomsday for a while, but it's nice to know SV Clark could interact with characters on that visual scale without the characterizations being half-a**ed.

4.) A chance to clear-up lingering plot-holes, assuming BQM even remembers what plot-holes there were (and there were a lot).

Minuses:

1.) Really thought the days of people whining about episodes or arcs needing more Chloe were over. For f**k's sake, not this s**t again...

2.) But honestly, what keeps me from being enthusiastic about this is that - if the show-runners were genuine in their assertion that "the show was never about Superman/Once he's Superman, it's over", and hence no real suit or flight 'til the last minute, then - this feels like a slap in the face by DC for allowing in 2D what I'm sure 99% of the fan-base wanted all along: SV Clark in live-action as Superman. It contradicts their entire rationale for stalling from S5 onward, not putting Tom in the suit, and holding off flight - and for using that godd***n SR suit instead of creating their own.

So... on one hand, "aight, sounds decent", and on the other, "DC can all eat a bag of d**ks".

This is why I said the Finale was a lightswitch with Clark flying at the last minute. We'll have to look at this 11th season as what would have been if the show continued.

I look forward to S11 and Chloe is a character I'm interested to see what Miller will do with.

cheer.gif

Yeah, I love Chloe. Just not her fanbase. ;)

I don't see flight as a light switch since its been a developing thing over the yrs. And I don't fully agree with spitcurl 2nd minus.

I dont see any minuses in this really. The franchise continues yet the TV show, which was always said to be about the journey, ends. Nothing's changed. Different medium and they've given it to a quality writer of that medium who also happened to work on the actual show.

Geoff Johns has written 3-4 episodes of Smallville, I can see him co-write for the 11th season as well. I was hoping the title would be Superman.

I'm kind of confused how this episode/issue thing will work. Is each digital issue an episode or does an episode make up multiple digital issues?

I don't think Johns will do it, considering he writes Justice League, Green Lantern and Aquaman. I personally don't see it possible for a writer to work on 3 books simultaneously and still find time to do a guest spot on another. Though I've been wrong before...

Ya johns is far to busy with dc responsibilies and all the other titles he is writing right now. We know its just BQM and i guess each issue will be consider a chapter/episode.

Okay, this isn't Welling but Routh, and this is as close as I could get it, but I think this is the suit for Smallville Season 11:
BRANDON_ROUTH_AS_SUPERMAN_by_supersebas4.jpg

Looks good, was there a neck collar ?

also I want to see this manip with Welling's head.

Just perfect. :D :up:

Edit: I wish they had taken this Suit for the new movie (MOS).

I'm kind of confused how this episode/issue thing will work. Is each digital issue an episode or does an episode make up multiple digital issues?

Each weekly digital issue is a chapter. There will be 12 chapters in the premiere "episode."

It still irks me a bit with costume change for sv book, let alone the dcnu superman suit.

I'm sure it will look fine in artwork, most costumes do.

It would just look totally ridiculous in live action.

And Gary Frank is a great artist. His Reeve Superman is badass.

tumblr_l3pfdxF4Xn1qzbn4do1_500.jpg

And that's both his biggest strength and weakness in my opinion. When he uses Reeve as a model for his Superman, he can't go wrong. But as we see when he tries to do it with someone else he falls flat. This guy has my utmost respect and I can't wait for Batman: Earth One but so far he hasn't proven he can draw Superman unless it's Reeve-inspired.

What do you mean when he tries to do it with someone else?

His cover to Smallville looks nothing like Reeve. It's undoubtedely Welling in comic form. Look at the eyebrows and lips.

smallville_cover_1_02.jpg

Tom-Welling-as-Clark-Kent-on-Smallville.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"