Smallville 11.6 - Alien

I'm just spit balling here but I think it may involve an alien...

Maybe the world will find out that Superman comes from Krypton

They don't know. In Guardian, Clark said he was planning to reveal his origins, but Lois told him not to rush it and wait for the right moment.

So the public doesn't know yet that Superman is from Krypton? I figured it was known already...

No they don't. As explained in Guardian (aka the first issue of the series/season), six months had passed since Apokolips came to Earth (the event is known as "Contact"), and it is said that the fact that aliens exist has caused a mixed sense of concern, wonder, and fear. But in Metropolis, the city and its citizens feel safe because of, you guessed it, Superman.
Later, Clark states to Lois that he'd like to finally tell the world that Superman is an alien, but she goes against the idea because there is concern brought on by the pictures of the aliens on Apokolips, and therefore it might not be the best time, especially with Lex Luthor making such noise about it in public. And of course, in that issue, Lex was talking to General Lane over Earth's defense against another alien threat, thus the need for his Guardian orbital weapons platform. When Lane mentions the fear that weapons in space could easily be turned on the planet, Lex counters that with a question of how Superman can be viewed as any less dangerous and what is the world to do if he decides to turn his back on it or prove a threat.

So yeah, they don't. But it seems to have been setting up the reveal since the first episode, and because you have the in-development JLA in the background with Martian Manhunter, it would make sense that the revelation would have to be addressed before the JLA is fully established.

Digital-first DC Comics series "Smallville Season 11" undergoes a change later this fall, as reported by TV Guide. Following the end of the current "Olympus" arc, the ongoing title continuing the TV show's adventures will be replaced by a series of miniseries, starting in November with "Smallville: Alien."

That arc kicks off with a Monitor landing in Russia. Speaking to TV Guide, series writer Bryan Q. Miller alluded to landmark DC story "Crisis on Infinite Earths" when discussing the role of the Monitors.

"'Alien' will give us much more insight into the over-arching threat," Miller said. "It turns into a race between Superman and Lex Luthor to get to this Monitor first and find what the crisis is."

The format change, according to Miller, is partly designed to make the series more accessible to new and casual readers attracted by the comic through the "Smallville" TV series, which depicted the life of young Clark Kent and ran for 10 seasons from 2001 to 2011.

"Not that we don't already do that to an extent, but [now] the first 20-30 pages of each arc will be more about setting up the status quo for the miniseries, rather than jumping right into things," Miller said. "It's a way to help welcome more people into the Smallville universe that we've been expanding on since the television series ended."

"Alien" will also feature the "Smallville" debut of Russian superhero team the Rocket Red Brigade. The Miller-written "Smallville Special" interludes are planned to continue following the format change.

Source: CBR

Cover features Superman & Lex with Russian background and The Rocket Red Brigade.

29xgcia.jpg

Digital-first DC Comics series "Smallville Season 11" undergoes a change later this fall, as reported by TV Guide. Following the end of the current "Olympus" arc, the ongoing title continuing the TV show's adventures will be replaced by a series of miniseries, starting in November with "Smallville: Alien."

That arc kicks off with a Monitor landing in Russia. Speaking to TV Guide, series writer Bryan Q. Miller alluded to landmark DC story "Crisis on Infinite Earths" when discussing the role of the Monitors.

"'Alien' will give us much more insight into the over-arching threat," Miller said. "It turns into a race between Superman and Lex Luthor to get to this Monitor first and find what the crisis is."

The format change, according to Miller, is partly designed to make the series more accessible to new and casual readers attracted by the comic through the "Smallville" TV series, which depicted the life of young Clark Kent and ran for 10 seasons from 2001 to 2011.

"Not that we don't already do that to an extent, but [now] the first 20-30 pages of each arc will be more about setting up the status quo for the miniseries, rather than jumping right into things," Miller said. "It's a way to help welcome more people into the Smallville universe that we've been expanding on since the television series ended."

"Alien" will also feature the "Smallville" debut of Russian superhero team the Rocket Red Brigade. The Miller-written "Smallville Special" interludes are planned to continue following the format change.

Source: CBR

I'm still having trouble what is exactly going on with this changing format. The article isn't really helping. So it won't be called S11 anymore? Is there going to be less references to the show?
I'm not really getting it, could use some clarification here please.
Thanks.

Basically they are only dropping the "Season 11" name. In stead of Alien being "Smallville Season 11: Alien" It would just be "Smallville: Alien". But it's still in the same continuity and pretty much still part of S11, just not called that way. They did it on order to not confuse new readers with numbers and gaps between them(when the numbers change when side stories come out and main stories resume, etc) The digital schedule remains the same.

Basically they are only dropping the "Season 11" name. In stead of Alien being "Smallville Season 11: Alien" It would just be "Smallville: Alien". But it's still in the same continuity and pretty much still part of S11, just not called that way. They did it on order to not confuse new readers with numbers and gaps between them(when the numbers change when side stories come out and main stories resume, etc) The digital schedule remains the same.

Ok so nothing that big

What I am wondering is if this book takes place directly after the finale or in between chapter's or stories like the other minis do. Also what I would like to see is Smallville move away from the team-ups and give us some solo Superman stories. I get that the DC world is now open to them but I want to see him work alone than team-up.

What I am wondering is if this book takes place directly after the finale or in between chapter's or stories like the other minis do. Also what I would like to see is Smallville move away from the team-ups and give us some solo Superman stories. I get that the DC world is now open to them but I want to see him work alone than team-up.

I don't really mind the team ups, they seem to flow well with the overall story and it doesn't feel like that Miller has just shoved them together. Bryan should just do Green Lantern(makes sense as Green Lanterns fight monitors yes?) and I'm good and content that Bryan assembled the Smallville-ised JL for the big crisis to come. Then he could go back to solo Smallville type "episodes" except Clark now wears the tights and does the flights.

Guardian established this series takes place 6 months after the finale. As for solo Superman stories I'd say that will happen after the crisis. I actually like that Clark is teaming up with heroes it shows that he has truly inspired a new generation of heroes much like Doctor Fate has foreseen.

Well Guardian was a solo Superman story. Seems like Alien for the most part will be too.

I get Guardian takes place six months after but I want to see something that shows what happened the day after the show went off. I want to see what the worlds reaction to him was and how he greeted the public and what his first big issue was after revealing himself. Also Guardian still had GA so I don't look at it to much as a solo book. I want something where it is just Clark and Lois and Lex and Superman no Tess and the rest of the bunch. I also would love to see Superman/Clark meet up with or visit Lana again now that she has lost the suit. I would love to see them talk.

I get Guardian takes place six months after but I want to see something that shows what happened the day after the show went off. I want to see what the worlds reaction to him was and how he greeted the public and what his first big issue was after revealing himself. Also Guardian still had GA so I don't look at it to much as a solo book. I want something where it is just Clark and Lois and Lex and Superman no Tess and the rest of the bunch. I also would love to see Superman/Clark meet up with or visit Lana again now that she has lost the suit. I would love to see them talk.

The hatchet was buried with Lana back in Season 8, no need to go back to that. I wouldn't mind seeing world reactions to Superman particularly from the many meteor freaks Clark put away, but we've moved passed that and I'm good where we are. Part of what makes this comic separate from a Superman comic with Smallville skin is the inclusion of fan favorite characters like Tess, Ollie, Chloe etc. Having that element genuinely give that feel that this is a continuation of the show. I'd miss that if that happens.

Basically they are only dropping the "Season 11" name. Instead of Alien being "Smallville Season 11: Alien" It would just be "Smallville: Alien". But it's still in the same continuity and pretty much still part of S11, just not called that way. They did it on order to not confuse new readers with numbers and gaps between them(when the numbers change when side stories come out and main stories resume, etc) The digital schedule remains the same.

oh, well that's a shame. I was really looking forward to reaching the "season finale" of s11, and reaching s12 like the show and like comics such as the continuation of Buffy The Vampire Slayer did

Last edited:
For all intents and purposes it's still part of S11 since it follows the same continuity, just not named that way.

2q9l00x.jpg

"When Superman revealed himself to the world, he knew some repercussions would be out of his control. He never expected this, though! Meanwhile, Lex Luthor’s trip to Russia brings him face to face with a Monitor—and his own mortality."

January 8, 2014

looks like Batman & Nightwing return

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"