Smallville 11.6 - Olympus

The likeness to Tom Welling is lacking in the newest issue. I hate it when they do that.

f3rv.jpg

That doesn't really matter to me. At least not all the time. Plus, this time I'm sure it's deliberate because the artist of Olympus is the same as the one from Haunted. And he captured the actors likenesses perfectly there, so he probably wanted to improvise more here. That's how artists grow, you can't do the same thing every time and I'm glad he showed Clark kind of more resembling the original Clark Kent from the comics, with the square jaw and all of that.

That doesn't really matter to me. At least not all the time. Plus, this time I'm sure it's deliberate because the artist of Olympus is the same as the one from Haunted. And he captured the actors likenesses perfectly there, so he probably wanted to improvise more here. That's how artists grow, you can't do the same thing every time and I'm glad he showed Clark kind of more resembling the original Clark Kent from the comics, with the square jaw and all of that.

Yeah, but it looks like he takes effort in making Lois look somewhat like Erica as well as Martha looking somewhat like Annette. Clark looks like your generic Clark Kent character.

Again, doesn't bother me. To me I will never look at Smallville's Clark as a generic Clark Kent character regardless of how he is drawn, because the book is not a generic Superman book.

Plus Lois in denim shorts. Mmm.

lol you know me too well.

The likeness to Tom Welling is lacking in the newest issue. I hate it when they do that.

f3rv.jpg

Doesn't bother me as long as the character still has the Smallville character persona I'm cool with that besides I think their not allowed to use Tom's likeness if he doesn't give me permission. Either way I'm just glad I still have a source of Superman to fall back on the New 52 version is crap and I'm ashamed at what they've done to Clark now.

Yeah, but it looks like he takes effort in making Lois look somewhat like Erica as well as Martha looking somewhat like Annette. Clark looks like your generic Clark Kent character.

Probably because the character is moving closer to imagery and it's time to distinguished the look of Clark from Superman as he grows into the role. Either way makes no difference to me

Next thing you know, they'll be saying that Clark was involved with Carol Ferris or Iris Allen back when he was in Middle School. =P

Seems fair, why should only other heroes take his girlfriend lol He should do the same every now and then.

PS: Nah Caped Knight, you didn't. You were just as surprised as I was. I guess BQM does keep the tendency of having Lois go around town. Yeah I know, I'm horrible lol.

lol; well to be fair, Steve really isn't a "hero", costumed one at least.

SMVLS11_Cv19.jpg

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #19
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by JORGE JIMENEZ
Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale NOVEMBER 13 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
With Washington, D.C., on lockdown, Air Force One under attack and the dead rising from the grave, Superman and a newly armored “Wonder Woman” take the fight to Hades and Faust. Plus, as “Olympus” concludes, Clark’s journey as Superman takes a dramatic turn!

I wondered when was Diana going to get her duds. ;)

I like the redesign. It seems more red, gold then blue, then red and blue then gold.

I wonder what the "dramatic turn" is for Clark?

Especially after the whole mythological attack between Gods and Demigods breaks out in Washington DC. The biggest thing to happen next would be Superman is revealed to be an alien from another planet who's been living among us for a long time just to shake things up. That would give Lex the prefect means to launch a full out smear campaign against Superman.

Definitely, Clark wanted to tell the world he was an alien since Guardian but Lois advised him not to do it yet. This time might be the right time.

Definitely, Clark wanted to tell the world he was an alien since Guardian but Lois advised him not to do it yet. This time might be the right time.

It may not even be that Clark tells, I think D.E.O. is going to discover the truth it's certainly implied that Bones is looking into Superman in the latest chapter.

Yeah, if the truth is revealed not by him, but by others, then the world's lack of trust thing can definitely kick off.

so far this arc has gotten to a lackluster start. I'm more intrigued with Tess's book for now

I love both. It's awesome when I can't wait for both the main and side arc to come out. Of course you can't please everyone.

Clark looked more like Christopher Reeve than Tom Welling in the latest issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"