KalKai

n/a
Reaction score
SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #16
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by JORGE JIMENEZ
Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale AUGUST 14 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
“Olympus,” part 1! Twenty years ago, a young boy washed up on a mysterious island and met a princess. Now, that princess has come to look for the mother who disappeared when she took the boy back. But if Smallville is prepared for strange beings, Washington, DC, certainly is not!

smvls11_cv16.jpg

:shock NOOO! Not her! Not Now!!! I thought they would save introducing her till season 12 or something. We already got Batman, and Ms. Martian, Booster, Supergirl and the Legion, now this too in just the 1st half of the season, feels like super-guest overload IMO

I'm guessing the boy is Steve Trevor.

Probably. Best Guess.

I feel like SV Wonder Woman will be a mix of New 52, Odyssey/JMS, DCAU and Post Crisis Wonder Woman(BQM Did say he would mention stuff like A.R.G.U.S. in the comics).

We'll wait and see I guess. Awesome news, I love we're finally gonna see her on Smallville. They sure waste no time bringing in the big guns, first Batman, now Diana, there was a Ferris Air tease in Argo, which probably means we'll see Green Lantern soon as well. Very happy with how the comic has been going.

I'm guessing were going to get a DC Trinity (Sups, Wondy & Bats) encounter "Smallville" style before the end of season 11 leading up to Justice League.

Yeah, BQM said he rallies the troops for the Crisis. Makes sense to have the big guns there.

Awesome, I'm very curious to learn which actress Bryan choose as the design look for Diana. Bruce Wayne looks like Simon Baker aka: Patrick Jane on CBS "The Mentalist".

Last edited:
I love that cover! I love it when the artwork looks like the actors...or not just a generic look.

Covers usually always look like the actors. Interiors don't because we have different artists every arc.

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #17
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER • Art by JORGE JIMENEZ Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale SEPTEMBER 11 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
Superman and new ally Diana race to stop magickal terrorist Felix Faust from launching an attack on the nation’s capital. Meanwhile, Lois launches an attack of her own by digging into the shadowy connection between Faust and the new Department of Extra-Normal Operations.

tumblr_mo6ti2dNNr1rhn3ixo1_1280.jpg

A chain in stead of the lasso of truth? Interesting. Nice change of pace for Diana compared to Batman, who already was established and had all of his toys.

SMALLVILLE SEASON 11 #18
Written by BRYAN Q. MILLER
Art by JORGE JIMENEZ
Cover by CAT STAGGS
On sale OCTOBER 9 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
Diana’s mysterious past may hold the key to helping Superman stop Faust in the present—but the warlock isn’t working alone! Enter Hades, Lord of the Underworld! “Olympus” continues in part 3 of 4.

SMVL18_CMYK_print.jpg

:wow:

Unbelievable. Kinda strange Diana isn't on the cover though.

I knew it would be Steve Trevor. Interesting that tptb revamped their encounter with Steve and Diana meeting as children instead of young adults

also cool art of Lois and Clark sleeping together while Clark's flight powers are in Levitation.

They took that directly from "Lois & Clark". I loved it.

Slightly off topic: So hyped for Man of Steel 2 : WORLD's FINEST BABY (sure it's have been totally awesome to have had Christian Bale as Batman reprising his role, But I'll take what I can get and so Let's see who the new Caped Crusader will be and after so long of waiting finally well see a live action Superman and Batman together.) Hopefully after that a solo Wonder Woman film followed by a trinity film that will act as a prelude to Justice League.

After the incredible disappointments that new 52 and MoS have been for me it's nice to have Smallville to fall back on. I really loved this latest issue.

the banter between Lois and Clark continues to delight me. I miss this in superman comics, right now in the new 52 their is so much angst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"