• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

2016 Primaries and Caucuses Thread - Part 1

He's so full of ****. This is about his pride. Since he cant win the nomination he's gonna drag this thing out until the bitter end. Hillary needs to pivot to the general election and get started on Trump before the convention. Not spend the next 2 months waiting on this old selfish fart to **** off.

I think as long as he tones down the rhetoric about Hillary and stick on the issues, I have no problem with him staying just to gain a little voice.

I think as long as he tones down the rhetoric about Hillary and stick on the issues, I have no problem with him staying just to gain a little voice.

As long as he is in the race he is drawing Hillary's attention away from Trump and forcing her to waste time and money and energy which doesnt help her beat Trump. And he is creating discord in the party. He isnt going to done down the rhetoric. He's going to if anything increase it because thats his only strategy.

Bernie can talk all he wants after the election when the United States isnt at risk of a Trumpoid attack.

On another note, Hillary picked up another Superdelegate.

On a side note I find it ridiculous that all these NE states vote this late in the primary while most the Southern States voted early on. They really need to mix these things up

Pretty sure outside the first few states they switch it up every primary. I voted on Super Tuesday in 2008. This year my vote is in June and is now more or less irrelevant. I want to say New York was earlier too.

Pretty sure outside the first few states they switch it up every primary. I voted on Super Tuesday in 2008. This year my vote is in June and is now more or less irrelevant. I want to say New York was earlier too.

I assume you are from California(per your location). If I was both parties in California I would say screw it, we are holding our Primaries Jan 2 and awarding all our delegates to the winner. (To the Republican and Democrat party)Ding us a penalty if you want and screw you Iowa

He needed to tone down the rhetoric like a month ago. The New York primary was practically just short of a kamakazi mission from his campaign.

I assume you are from California(per your location). If I was both parties in California I would say screw it, we are holding our Primaries Jan 2 and awarding all our delegates to the winner. (To the Republican and Democrat party)Ding us a penalty if you want and screw you Iowa

I've long been of the opinion that they need to switch up the first few states every four years. It's absurd that Iowa gets so much attention every election cycle. the primary is the only time California really matters in a presidential election (not from a delegate standpoint obviously, but we are not voting Republican in the near future) and it's still more or less just a coronation election at this point.

They can choose to just throw out the state's delegates if they do that. Happened to my state (Florida), 8 years ago. It made us completely irrelevant and the candidates didn't even bother campaigning here.

They can choose to just throw out the state's delegates if they do that. Happened to my state (Florida), 8 years ago. It made us completely irrelevant and the candidates didn't even bother campaigning here.

Florida lost 50% of their delegates, if California lost 50% of their delegates it still would be a huge pickup(especially if you made it winner take all)

Florida lost 50% of their delegates, if California lost 50% of their delegates it still would be a huge pickup(especially if you made it winner take all)

The Republicans only stripped half. The Democrats stripped them all. They eventually did agree to give them half...in June when the race was already over.

Originally they took away all of Florida and Michigans' delegates. It was the GOP that penalized them by half. It wasn't until when the convention was starting and Obama had it in the bag did they give them half-representation.

The Republicans only stripped half. The Democrats stripped them all. They eventually did agree to give them half...in June when the race was already over.

But why dont the parties themselves want to change it? Why keep wasting money in Iowa? If they change it themselves then they arent going to strip states of delegates. I know Iowa has some BS law saying they are first, but Iowa isnt the ultimate authority. If the parties whold their first primaries in California or anywhere else what can Iowa or anyone else do about it?

But why dont the parties themselves want to change it? Why keep wasting money in Iowa? If they change it themselves then they arent going to strip states of delegates. I know Iowa has some BS law saying they are first, but Iowa isnt the ultimate authority. If the parties whold their first primaries in California or anywhere else what can Iowa or anyone else do about it?

I am guessing the fact Iowa and New Hampshire are swing states makes it easier for them to hold sway over the parties. If either state was solidly blue or red the RNC or DNC would tell them to screw off. Look what happened to South Carolina, it used to be the 3 state for both parties but the democrats basically said you know what, we think Nevada should go 3rd.

I hate the fact that Trump is the nominee. Barring any third party candidate I may just have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary.

I hate the fact that Trump is the nominee. Barring any third party candidate I may just have to hold my nose and vote for Hillary.

If there ever was a more perfect year for a third party candidate to break loose, it is this year....

So Cruz just named Fiorina as his VP even though he is mathematically eliminated from winning delegates and would have to manipulate the system to be nominated... I don't think this will change anything... Again too little, too late...

Just when I thought this election couldn't become any more of a sideshow. Thank you, Ted Cruz. This truly is the primary that keeps on giving.

Odds on a Palin or Carson pick from Trump in response to this? That would make this week perfect.

So Cruz just named Fiorina as his VP even though he is mathematically eliminated from winning delegates and would have to manipulate the system to be nominated... I don't think this will change anything... Again too little, too late...

I am guessing the logic is Cruz hopes Fiorina will help him slow down Trump iN California.

I do not believe Condie accept a VP position with Trump.

I do not believe Condie accept a VP position with Trump.
I agree with that and would go further and that in the past she said that one thing that she would be interested in is NFL Commissioner.
No Joke.
She is a big football fan.

If I was Trump I would pick a retired General for VP.

It is important to remember, it takes two to tango. Trump may want someone to be his veep, but they have to say yes. Career military officers tend to have a lot of pride. I can't see many generals wanting to tie their reputation to Donald Trump.

Hell, I cannot see many viable VP candidates eager to tie themselves to Donald Trump. Chris Christie, maybe? But I don't think he does much for the ticket. Marco Rubio has backed down on a lot of his anti-Trump rhetoric. But honestly, with the things Trump has said about him and that he has said about Trump it would be hard to reconcile that.

I really think it is going to be a Herman Cain/Ben Carson type because they are the ones crazy enough to tie themselves to the Donald.

I agree with that and would go further and that in the past she said that one thing that she would be interested in is NFL Commissioner.
No Joke.
She is a big football fan.
That has been her dream job for a long time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"