5 changes you would make to some of the movies

That's crap and the punk way out of it. The audience doesn't need anything. They are there. They know it's not real. They know it can't happen. They don't care. They want to be entertained. The Hulk origin is one of the most classic and well known origins in COMIC BOOK history. It should be presented the way it was originally told. People know it's a movie.

Last edited:
Changes for Ang Lee's the Hulk:

I actually made some cuts of the movie when I recorded it not too long ago in a way it could be saved. This is what I did:

-I cut the first ten minutes of exposition looking at him when he was born and the whole father bit. So the movie starts with Banner in the lab and given that the viewers havn't seen the father bit, they only think that Banner becomes Hulk by being exposed to the Gamma sphere.
-I also cut all the father killing his mother bit.
-I changed some of the dialogue so that Ross is suspicious of Banner(not Kesler) not because of what his father did but because he thinks he's been selling his inventions to foreign interests.
-Nick Nolte in the movie is Gabriel Stern aka the Leader in the comic. I took the idea that Stern in the comic was a janitor in the comic and Nolte acted as a janitor in the movie. But instead of getting the big head, he gets other powers here. The dialogue between Nolte and Bana is changed also(no father references).
-Instead of a artsy mid-eastern soundtrack in the flick, I've put on a John Williams big Hollywood adventure movie track that I picked up from somewhere else to make it more joyous and fun.
-Finally the movie ends when Nolte and Bana are on their chair going nuts and Nolte going electric. It doesn't go on as a the dark mess that we saw. Instead the edit make it look like Ross launched his bomb there.

There you have it; a 4-minute movie that rivals the original! :)

Most of these changes would have been great.

Last edited:
X-Men:
1) Make an Ensemble instead of a Wolverine Story
2) Cast Younger in General, there a reason these characters are pepetually late 20s/early 30s in the comics.
3) Don't kill Gyrich, have him show up after copter takes off like WTF?
4) Jean isn't useless in combat, but is actually uncontrolled and doesn't know her own strength
5) Introduce the Danger Room with the same tech-type as the 3D NYC display.

X-Men: United
1) Introduce a sentinel, the first prototype, make the fight challenging enough so that we realize an army of these is the end of all things mutant.
2) Nightcrawler continues to be awesome in a fight after scene 1
3) Give Stryker a religious streak, as a nod to comics
4) Stryker employs Nathaniel Essex in a cameo role
5) Cyclops optic blast feeds Jean into becoming Phoenixish during their fight, which she reveals in the end. Rogue is avatar for Phoenix's last message, not Xavier.

X-Men: The Last Stand
1) Change brand all cameos and minor characters to comics mainstays
2) Give Colossus some lines and an arc, including fight with Juggy.
3) Have Rogue take powers from some fellow mutants and then fly to Rikers Island and fight with superstrength after she sees the carnage on TV, just before she was about to get her cure
4) Make Phoenix fiery, emphasizing her manipulation of energy over manipulation of matter
5) Bring a surprise unkilled Cyclops back for the finale. He and Wolvie talk down Jean together.

That's crap and the punk way out of it. The audience doesn't need anything. They are there. They know it's not real. They know it can't happen. They don't care. They want to be entertained. The Hulk origin is one of the most classic and well known origins in COMIC BOOK history. It should be presented the way it was originally told. People know it's a movie.

Yes, people know it's a movie. But they're not going to like the movie if it doesn't have any consistent internal logic. If you go with the straight nuke origin, the question of why he survived needs to be brought up.

Yes, people know it's a movie. But they're not going to like the movie if it doesn't have any consistent internal logic. If you go with the straight nuke origin, the question of why he survived needs to be brought up.

And that's what they should be asking. Me to, that's the thing, the wow. How did he survive? Where did the Hulk come from? How is it connected? That's what kept me buying the comics every month. In Ang's movie Betty said, (para phrase) "You shouldn't have survived, you should be dead" Ang got that part right. The part he got wrong was the answer. It's an answer that really, in my opinion, shouldn't be answered. It's a mystery. It's what makes it cool. Was it the Hulk that allowed Banner to survive? Was he always there? Or did he come from the Gamma Bomb? Up until iss #312 that was the questions I had.

I agree about maintaining the mystery. That's what a Hulk movie should do. That's one of the appealing things about the character and why they've never(to my knowledge) fully explained several aspects to the Hulk(like why he has that x-factor that no other gamma mutate has, etc.).

I agree about maintaining the mystery. That's what a Hulk movie should do. That's one of the appealing things about the character and why they've never(to my knowledge) fully explained several aspects to the Hulk(like why he has that x-factor that no other gamma mutate has, etc.).
And where all that extra mass comes from when he transforms. Does he have access to extradimensional mass like Giant Man? Always seemed wierd to me.

I always thought is was basically a energy-into-matter type deal. Is that fusion or fission? I can never keep them straight. But it still leaves as a big mystery as to where all the energy is coming from. IMO, it's a mystery that shouldn't be solved.

I always thought is was basically a energy-into-matter type deal. Is that fusion or fission? I can never keep them straight. But it still leaves as a big mystery as to where all the energy is coming from. IMO, it's a mystery that shouldn't be solved.
Fine with me.

Speculation however, is always fun.

Ghost Rider:

1) A younger Johnny Blaze, a new actor.
2) Better character development
3) Film it mainly in USA, not Australia.
4) Remove campiness of main character
5) Make it Rated R*
6. Threatening enemies with suspenseful action scenes
7. A clever story that is not entirely brainless.
8. Hire a Director who knows how to film horror and action films.
*Bring the franchise back to Marvel, then only can it be filmed in PG-13

Punisher:

1. Improve the story and character development of Frank Castle and his enemies.
2. Action and gore should be balanced, not over the top.
3. Focus on the theme of punishment instead of vengeance.
4. Learn (not copy) from the MAX titles written by Garth Ennis.

Ghost Rider:

1) A younger Johnny Blaze, a new actor.
2) Better character development
3) Film it mainly in USA, not Australia.
4) Remove campiness of main character
5) Make it Rated R*
6. Threatening enemies with suspenseful action scenes
7. A clever story that is not entirely brainless.
8. Hire a Director who knows how to film horror and action films.
*Bring the franchise back to Marvel, then only can it be filmed in PG-13

Punisher:

1. Improve the story and character development of Frank Castle and his enemies.
2. Action and gore should be balanced, not over the top.
3. Focus on the theme of punishment instead of vengeance.
4. Learn (not copy) from the MAX titles written by Garth Ennis.

Yes to both! I agree 100%, especially on Ghost Rider.

Daredevil

1. Less wire-fu and CGI. I realize that kind of thing was popular at the time, but Daredevil doesn't need to seem like Spider-Man 2.0. The action sequences should still have a Hong Kong martial arts vibe, but with a grittier and street-level vibe most of the DD fights didn't have.

2. Elektra and Matt should have a past prior to the coffee shop scene, where they should reunite instead of meet for the first time. Besides being truer to the comics, it would more effectively set them up as kindred spirits.

3. Elektra returns in the present day as an assassin working for the Kingpin. She's hired to kill Daredevil, but when she learns he's Matt, she instead tries to enlist his help in her covert mission to bring down the Kingpin, whom she suspects was responsible for her father's death. Matt reluctantly goes along with the plan, if only so he can keep an eye on her and prevent her from going past the point of no return. Of course, Elektra sees his refusal to let her kill Fisk as a betrayal on Matt's part.

4. No Bullseye, for a variety of reasons. While he's a great villain, he should be shelved until a sequel, where he can be brought in as a solution to the problem of Daredevil and Elektra. Which brings me to:

5. Elektra isn't killed off until the sequel. The reason her death in the comics was so gut-wrenching and powerful was that she had been a regular character in the comics for several issues. Readers were able to care about her just as Matt did, because readers were able to spend time with her. She had very little space to show up and grow as a character before dying in the first movie. Instead, the first movie should be about Matt and Elektra's reunion, and Daredevil trying and failing to save her from what she's become. In the end, he prevents her from killing Fisk, but at the expense of the final bridge being burned between Matt and Elektra. In the end, Matt wonders if the Kingpin was even worth saving in the first, and if the Elektra he'd known had already 'died' long ago.

Maybe if that'd happened, we could have ended up with a Daredevil 2. I would even have been fine with an Elektra movie, showing how she bides her time until her return in DD2. So with that in mind:

Elektra

1. Let's go with an entirely different story. The Hand-vs.-Chaste element is still there, but without the stuff about Abby and her father. But keep Terrance Stamp as Stick. He was awesome.

2. Elektra is shown rejoining the Hand, rededicating her allegiance to it after the events of "Daredevil". She believes she's exices all remaining traces of her humanity and compassion, and the Hand test that theory by having her assassinate Stick and the Hand.

3. They're all wrong. Elektra's attack on Stick is thwarted, and she essentually becomes his live-in captive/pupil/indentured servant. Or in Elektra's eyes, "slave" might be a better word. But he gets her to see that maybe there's still a spark of humanity left in her. This finally gets through to her when she's able to kill him, and he doesn't resist; she feels conflicted and remorseful about it afterward.

4. Let's not have Hand members who're basically mutants from the X-Men franchise with Hand names. Kirigi should be a silent and all-but unstoppable killer of all who oppose or have failed the Hand. This would be proven when Elektra returns to them to report that Stick is dead. The Hand's elders believe that Stick's influence has 'tainted' her, and that she cannot be allowed to remain alive, much less a member of their clan.

5. Actually EXPLAIN the Hand's habit of dissolving into smoke upon death. The comics revealed that it's a chemical reaction to a toxin they voluntarily enter into their bloodstreams when they die, and that explanation would go a long way toward keeping these ninjas from getting confused with vampires. After Kirigi goes up in smoke, Elektra manages to fight her way out of the Hand's compound, she finds that Stick had faked his death. He explains that the 'taint' in her soul that turned the Hand against her wasn't simply due to his influence; it had existed in her all along. He knew that it would take his murder at her hands for her to see what she had become, and the Hand's reaction would show her that it wasn't what she wanted to be. While she feels manipulated, Elektra still heads for New York, pondering a possibility that she might be able to reconcile with Matt.

Hopefully this approach might lead to a Daredevil 2, in which Elektra actually makes an honest attempt to have a normal life with Matt. But yeah, that doesn't go as well as they'd like, what with that jerk Bullseye being Kingpin's new assassin. Bullseye makes Daredevil's life hell, Kingpin makes Matt's life hell, Elektra takes violent exception to all this, and sooner or later it leads to the Stabbity Heard 'Round the World. Good times.

X3 is the first movie that popped to mind.

Don't kill Cyclops. Easy.
Get rid of the "cure" storyline, keep it simple with Magneto and Dark Phoenix.
Cut out all the ancillary mutants (Psylocke, Spikedude) and spend more time with Angel, Beast, Colossus, and Pyro.

I agree with the first and third items, ImWithTeamConan, but I quite honestly thought the cure storyline was the one the people making the movie were the most passionate about. It was the Phoenix aspect that felt forced, as if they absolutely HAD to include the Phoenix because that was how the previous movie ended, but they didn't quite know how to go about it, and they had less of an idea how to tie it in with the cure plot.

But hey, I have to say I'm impressed with your approach to X3. There's no way I could have been satisfied with just three fixes.

IMO, any Dark Phoenix-based X-men movie that leaves out the Hellfire Club is a bad idea.

Possibly, yeah. But more than that, I think any Dark-Phoenix-based X-Men movie that leaves out the "good" version of Phoenix (who had noble intentions but who was overwhelmed by the power) is a bad idea, because it misses the point of the story. Namely, it misses that having colossal power isn't necessary a good or a bad thing; it just is. What makes it good or bad is the user's ability to control that power and keep from being lost in the process.

The Hellfire Club was simply the agent by which Jean lost control of her power and lost sight of who she was as a person. But while the HFC was instrumental in making that happen, they were by no means the only party capable of doing it. If it hadn't been the HFC, it could have been the Brotherhood, the Masters of Evil, or any other villain organization. How it happened isn't quite as important as that it happened.

Also, the Hellfire Club is a real-life business; it's a brothel if I remember correctly, and Claremont simply embellished the sinister, secret-society methods of the people in charge. If the HFC showed up in the X-Men movies, it'd probably have to be called something else (like the Inner Circle) to avoid legal issues.

It's about verisimilitude. People won't buy that getting nuked will do anything but kill you unless you already have some kind of super power. The audience needs to be able to buy it. Genetic engineering works better for that. Now, genetic engineering to become a nuke proof super soldier that goes horribly wrong when tested... right there you've got the best of both worlds.

People won't buy that getting caught in the actual blast won't kill you. That I agree with. But Banner was fairly far away from the main concussive force and heat of the blast. But he was still in the immediate fallout area. People will buy that a guy can be changed due to irradiation. Now of course people know that radiation will also kill you but it kills you in a very different way than the blast itself would(poisoning as opposed to heat & concussion). The point of the film would be to emphasize that Banner should be dying due to irradiation, but for some unknown reason he's not. That's where the mystery comes in which I stated in previous posts and it's a mystery that should/can be speculated upon by the characters(such as Brian Banner's previous work in atomic energy having something possibly to do with Bruce's genes being different, or other speculation that he's a latent mutant who's powers just never activated) but at the same time, it's also a mystery that they should never definitively solve.

Last edited:
SPIDER-MAN 3
1] NO Venom - Have Sand Man the only real villain, and keep Harry turning good at the end and helping Spidey against Sandy.

2] Keep all the Black Costume stuff, but less of the goofy Parker moments.

3] Develop Eddie more, and save him getting the black goo on him at the very end, setting up Venom as the villain in a later Spidey movie. They could even have had Venom a secondary threat in parts 4 & 5 and then full on in 6.

Personally, I think Sandman is just too one-dimensional a villain to carry a movie. The only way I see him working is as a superpowered thug who works for the Kingpin or some other crime lord. SM3 was supposed to be Harry as the main villain since that had been built up for 2 movies. Sure you could throw another collaberator with him in there like the Vulture or Mysterio or some such who could shore up what Harry lacks in the diabolical planning department but the core story should have been Harry vs Peter. Hmm, I think maybe you could introduce the black suit Spidey TAS style but it really didn't need to be there. There was plenty of time in future movies to get to the symbiote, Brock & Venom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"