If You Were Fox What Would You Do?

Dude, they screwed Daredevil royally. It was not a "good job".

Dude, they screwed Daredevil royally. It was not a "good job".

Yeah, I don't agree with the good job part but X-2 was great.

I think some of the people need to be more realistic and say, "Well if Fox has the rights and its a cash crop then it will get made." They are not gonna give it back to Marvel until they rape it into submission and it doesn't make anymore money. That's what studios do and that's what they will do as long as they have creative control of a cash making ticket.

Like Ian Malcolm said in JP, "You didn't consider the consequences. You just slapped a label on it and now YOUR SELLING! YOUR SELLING!"

Give them all back to Marvel.

Agreed.

I thought they had given up on this franchise.It has after all been more than 5 years (!!) since Daredevil was released and 3 years since Elektra.

All this talk of reboots and spinoffs is making sick frankly.Not every comic book movie franchise warrants a reboot every couple years and as has been proven in the past there aren't many characters interesting enough to carry there own successfull spin-off movies.:o

Instead of pouring all this money in to spinoffs why don't Fox just spend that cash on a X-Men sequel?:huh:I'm willing to bet that that would be far more successfull than a Magneto or Young X-Men movie.

Magneto doesn't even make sense to me. Wolverine, at least, has such a lengthy backstory that you can justify a solo film. But Magneto? Why? His history is based on some pretty depressing stuff. It might make a great art film, but it's not going to make them X-franchise cash like Wolverine will. What're they going to do? Make it an action movie? That'd be even worse. I honestly have no clue why they're still pursuing it.

Well Magneto isn't just going to focus on him alone. Xavier will play prominent role as well in the story.

There was a rumor that Alfonso Cuaron was a candidate to direct. I think in the hands of someone like him it could turn out to be something good. With Goyer as director i'm not so sure. I think the movie is better off with him just as writer.

Truer words have never been spoken. :oldrazz:

But seriously, if we want to stop having lackluster Marvel movies like FF, DD, Elektra, and X3, then Marvel really needs to get all of them back from Fox. And besides, isn't the rights for DD already expired at Fox? Except for X-Men 1 & 2 (which were only good because of Singer), Fox really has no clue on how to make a good superhero movie.

:up: Well said.

They need a change in management, which won't be happening when Wolverine and Australia roll around and make them a ton of cash.

A Daredevil reboot? Honestly how does that help Fox? We know the results of TIH... you think cause they wated a few more years it will be more successful? Even if they make a good film it won't make money in the masses at this point. Neither does future Fantastic Four films. They need to stick with X-Men alone.

A Daredevil reboot? Honestly how does that help Fox? We know the results of TIH... you think cause they wated a few more years it will be more successful? Even if they make a good film it won't make money in the masses at this point. Neither does future Fantastic Four films. They need to stick with X-Men alone.
So you don't think the fact that TIH wasn't that great and that it was just an OK movie had anything to do with it not making much money? Face it, TIH was lackluster and just maybe slightly above average.

I just don't think Dare Devil has potential as a franchise by itself. I don't think people will embrace the character especially being that it will be the second go around.

I just don't see the movie making a lot of money and I don't see him being a very popular character among movie viewers. If superhero films weren't as popular now then he can shine but I think people need a break from retreads and seeing the same movies/characters. I don't think Fox will risk relaunching this franchise and I'd rather see a reboot done elsewhere with Marvel or someone else. Right now I think the character is only suited for cross overs... they may need to make a re-introduction movie to make that happen (like TIH)... but I don't see DD as a franchise by himself. That's the reason I am hoping Fox gives it back to Marvel.

Give FF back to Marvel.

Young X-Men Prequel
X-Men 3 Re-boot (Make X3 non-canon or a dream or something)
Deadpool
Daredevil Re-boot (Tie it into the X-Men universe)

If I were Fox, I'd blow my brains out and wipe the blight of my existence off the face of the earth.

Well Magneto isn't just going to focus on him alone. Xavier will play prominent role as well in the story.

There was a rumor that Alfonso Cuaron was a candidate to direct. I think in the hands of someone like him it could turn out to be something good. With Goyer as director i'm not so sure. I think the movie is better off with him just as writer.

This is why X-Men Origins: Magneto would work. Just like Wolverine, they laid the groundwork in the first two X-Men films. Magneto helping Xavier build cerebro and gather the first team is a story begging to be told. Start with young Mags dealing with his Nazi captors and then years later gathering young Cyclops, Beast and Storm. That would be an exceptional film.

Marvel should make the renewal rights to Daredevil contingent on releasing the FF rights back to them. I wonder if cutting such a deal is possible? Marvel got the rights back to Hulk early in exchange for Universal keeping the distribution rights. Who knows?

If Alfonso Cuaron directs Magneto, I will lose my s***. His Harry Potter is my favorite, both visually and story-wise.

A Daredevil reboot? Honestly how does that help Fox? We know the results of TIH... .

I highly doubt DD would cost as much...it's one of the few properties that can be done at a relatively mid-level budget.

Plus, people were looking for more action in the Hulk franchise. Here, you could do the film for the same price as the last- probably less- and make a better film.

I just don't see the movie making a lot of money

Because the first one was bad? It wasn't exactly DD's creative potential in film.

and I don't see him being a very popular character among movie viewers.

DD can appeal to the Batman fans, the disabled and Law and Order fans IMO.

If superhero films weren't as popular now then he can shine but I think people need a break from retreads and seeing the same movies/characters.

There wouldn't be any need for retreads if movie studios had gotten them right in the first place.

I don't think Fox will risk relaunching this franchise

They will if they want to extent the rights.

and I'd rather see a reboot done elsewhere with Marvel or someone else.

Agreed.

Right now I think the character is only suited for cross overs...

While I disagree I'd be for a cross-over if it was good. A DD/Punisher team-up would be great.

they may need to make a re-introduction movie to make that happen (like TIH)...

Agreed.

but I don't see DD as a franchise by himself.

I disagree.

That's the reason I am hoping Fox gives it back to Marvel.

I hope Marvel does get it back.

Plus, people were looking for more action in the Hulk franchise.

True.

DD works better as a smart franchise like Batman has.

Here, you could do the film for the same price as the last- probably less-

They shouldn't short change a DD film unless the film makers are very, very good at using smaller budgets for a film like it.

and make a better film.

That's if Fox wants to make a better one.

Daredevil was released in February and still broke the magic $100 million mark (over $102 million in its domestic box office run). The following movies (some with WAY bigger budgets) didn’t come close to breaking the 100 million mark in 2003 like DD did … Master and Commander, Cold Mountain, Mystic River, Old School, The Haunted Mansion, Kill Bill Volume 1, LXG, Shanghai Knights, The Recruit, Peter Pan, etc.

Add to that the fact that Daredevil averaged more than $11 million a day in gross rental and sell-through revenue during its first five days in release on VHS and DVD alone. It grossed more than $60 million in it's FIRST WEEK of home video release. It also generated even more with the Director’s Cut release.

THAT (and TDK's wild numbers) is why Fox is revisiting the idea. DD made Fox some nice coin. Too bad they threw it all away on Elektra.

Daredevil was released in February and still broke the magic $100 million mark (over $102 million in its domestic box office run). The following movies (some with WAY bigger budgets) didn’t come close to breaking the 100 million mark in 2003 like DD did … Master and Commander, Cold Mountain, Mystic River, Old School, The Haunted Mansion, Kill Bill Volume 1, LXG, Shanghai Knights, The Recruit, Peter Pan, etc.

Add to that the fact that Daredevil averaged more than $11 million a day in gross rental and sell-through revenue during its first five days in release on VHS and DVD alone. It grossed more than $60 million in it's FIRST WEEK of home video release. It also generated even more with the Director’s Cut release.

THAT (and TDK's wild numbers) is why Fox is revisiting the idea. DD made Fox some nice coin.

That was the least DD could do. Imagine if their movie had been TDK quality.

Too bad they threw it all away on Elektra.

Elektra had many of the same problems DD had.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"