Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wonder who we could get as kingpin James Gandolfini is the only guy that has as much screen presence as MCD had imo

i like him too but it is gonna be hard to top mcd imo

mcd being 6'5 sure helped him be even more intimidating

michael c hall who i want for matt is 5'10 so i kinda want a huge king pin again

my choices arent very original becasue theyve both alreadyplayed Fisk

MCD and John Ryes Davies

My casting for DD Film

The Man Without Fear

Director:Kevin Macdonald(The Last King of Scotland,State Of Play)
Writer:William Monahan(Departed,Body Of Lies,Edge Of Darkness)

Cast:

ddchall.jpg

foggysa.jpg

kingjg.jpg

elekrm.jpg

ulrich.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has suggested Stephen Marcus for Kingpin.

stephenmarcus.jpg

6'4", English, built like a tank? Maybe because his character in Ninja Assassin was also named Kingpin.

the way max payne looks would be a cool look for a new dare devil film

Chris Pine(smoking aces/Star Trek) would be a cool Daredevil

Yeah the neo noir look will be cool to see and good visual look for a Daredevil flm. And TDK tone sounds great as long as they do not try to copy TDK. Daredevil alot like Batman anyways.

If you take out that ridiculously stupid playground fight than Daredevil is probably top 5 in superhero movies. It does the comic justice quite well. It's a pretty dark movie which is those days was a huge risk with Spider-Man becoming to successful. All the characters are pretty well casted, Ben does a great job as DD and MCD is great as the Kingpin. Bullseye was hilariously insane in a good way. None of the acting was bad some less good. Some pretty cool fight scenes, the cg can get bad but it's not too terrible. There was pretty good chemistry between Ben and Jennifer which is why they're married right now haha. Anyways, reboot yeah I said Michael C. Hall for Steve Rogers but he'd also be an amazing Matt Murdock. As stupid as the leather suit looks I'd have to say that's almost the only way to go with it. You could probably get away with a red version of armor kind of like Batman's suit but spandex would in no way work for Daredevil on the big screen.

I think DDs suit needs to be similar to Spideys except with added protection in strategic places like knees, elbows, head, and torso. His suit needs to look less restrictive than the leather or DK look. Face it DD needs to move and fight like the most acrobatic parkour guy youve ever seen. I was not a fan of the leather get up cuz he looked like he needed to move around town on a sportbike.

Get Cam Gigandet(?) for MM/DD. He's got the looks, the moves, and the acting chops.

I don't know about going with the noir look. I thought Affleck's suit kind did that. I liked it but I, too, thought it looked restrictive. I agree they need something more along the lines of Raimi's suit for Spider-man.

If Elektra's in it, fine. If not, fine. What about Typhoid Mary? She'd be a good villainness/love interest.

DD needs a foe he can throw-down with. Bullseye is good but really no match for him. I like the Jester but I know that would draw comparisons with the Joker. Bring Kingpin back(& let MDC reprise the role) with some good henchmen like Batroc the Leaper or the Cobra or the Gladiator. (I personally would love to see Man-bull but that's wishful thinking.)

This movie is doable and deserves a chance at a franchise.

I prefer Daredevil to Batman actually.

+100000

IMHO the Daredevil movie set the franchise back a bit by
1) Casting Afleck in the roll
2) Having the Elektra character in the first film. She stole the focus away from Matt IMHO.

I mean really. An IRON FIST movie before they do a Daredevil remake?!?:doh:

I think DDs suit needs to be similar to Spideys except with added protection in strategic places like knees, elbows, head, and torso. His suit needs to look less restrictive than the leather or DK look. Face it DD needs to move and fight like the most acrobatic parkour guy youve ever seen. I was not a fan of the leather get up cuz he looked like he needed to move around town on a sportbike.

+1

And Affleck isn't agile, which i think anyone playing Matt Murdock would need to be.

Jason S....could pull it off. Affleck could not.

I really liked the first movie. I hated the Elektra though.

MCD was the perfect Kingpin IMO.

If Fox hasn't used the rights to Daredevil in so long then shouldn't they of lost the rights already??

That's what I can't figure out. It's been more than five years since Elektra. Why do they still have the rights?

If Jason Statham can speak with an American/NY accent he's up to it, but I never seen him with an American accent.

So you would put a hair piece on JS or make MM bald. No thanks.

Justin Hartley pulls off the Green Arrow character pretty well (on smallville) . I think he'd make an excellent Matt Murdock with the right script.

And NO, I don't think the character has to have red hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"