Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin Hartley pulls off the Green Arrow character pretty well (on smallville) . I think he'd make an excellent Matt Murdock with the right script.

And NO, I don't think the character has to have red hair.

I like him a lot as the young Ollie/GA, but I don't think I would want DD to have a face like a baby's bum, he is just a little too clean cut for the role imo.
Even if he roughed up a bit, he would still be a bit too pretty boy.
I am not quite sure if he has the chops to go darkside either, DD is one f***ed up bunny when it comes down to it.

Here is my idea for reboot cast
-----------------------------

Justin Hartley as Matt Murdock
smallville.jpg

I don't care what anyone else thinks. That guy is young enough, athletic enough, and an above average actor that, if given the time to prepare for the role, could knock Daredevil out the park.

Michael C. Hall is almost MY age, which means he's too old to be in a Daredevil reboot. If the reboot were 10 years ago, sure. But not now.

If I'm banking a Daredevil movie I'm expecting that movie to make enough for a sequel. And this isn't IRON MAN where the lead actor can be old, yet in a metal suit (CGI) suit the whole time.

If they did a proper Daredevil movie, it could blow Nolan's Batman movies out of the water.

Yeah it could rival or beat the Nolan franchise

I dont think you even need to make it R

I remember going to the cinema to watch Daredevil when it first came out, and coming out of it feeling so let down. The story was so bad and i hated everything about electra. Her dance/ fight scenes were the worst!! So I have never watched it again until recently when a friend told me to watch the directors cut version. So I finally agreed and to my amazement it wasnt half bad. Infact it was 10 times better than what was originally released. The new story line in it linked everything together, plus there was alot more darker edgier scenes in it. Its a pity they didnt take out the play ground scene but hey I fast forward it so all was good :woot:
But it got me thinking and wanting another movie. I actually liked Ben affleck as Daredevil and Micheal Clarke Dunkan as kingpin. I thought they were awesome. I really liked his costume too.

But i would love to see a more darker version of a revamp. I have never read the comics so anything i know about daredevil is from the screen. And from what i have seen i can see he has the potential to be alot more. And with a good director a good script and an over 16s cert i recon it could be amazing.

I just dont understand why people think that the original is bad enough to warrant putting it on the same level as Elektra, Catwoman, or even (yes I saw this too) Batman and Robin. Its truly not fair and is honestly getting really annoying to hear repeatedly.

I totally agree, it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, nor as bad as the stinkers you mentioned.

I did like the Directors version over the Theatrical, but I'll watch either if their on.

I think they did the echo-vision extremely well, but everything else was rather despicable.

The first fight scene was cool, but the characterisation of just about everybody in the movie was way off. The Director's Cut is better, but that's not saying much. It's not the worst, though.

People, Affleck included, often use the excuse of, "Well, comic movies weren't as prominent when we made Daredevil. We're a lot better prepared to handle them now." So, how do you explain Tim Burton's Batman still being relatively good?

A proper Daredevil movie could put the Nolan Batman movies to shame.

Does anyone know the details of the Daredevil contract between Fox and Marvel? Like, after how many years would the rights revert back to Marvel?

What I read recently was Fox signed a 7 year deal for Daredevil, and the movie released in 2003, so the rights would go back to Marvel... BUT the Elektra movie was released in 2005 and Daredevil had a cameo in the film, so the contract would be up in 2012.

That is, if all of this information is true.

It'd be awesome (and yes, I know, unlikely) if at this year's Comic Con, Marvel Studios announced them buying Daredevil back, similar to the news of the Punisher films. It'd be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"