Comics 616 Carnage is Back!

Yeesh. I hated regular Carnage. I hate this Carnage. Still, it can't be any worse than regular Carnage....can it?!

Yeesh. I hated regular Carnage. I hate this Carnage. Still, it can't be any worse than regular Carnage....can it?!

Yea, that's my thoughts on it.

Carnage had a lot of potential in his VERY 1st arc, but didn't really go anywhere from there, sadly.

Makes one hell of a visual though:oldrazz:

Yea, that's my thoughts on it.

Carnage had a lot of potential in his VERY 1st arc, but didn't really go anywhere from there, sadly.

Makes one hell of a visual though:oldrazz:

Precisely! His first arc was awesome...but after that, they were so hellbent on making him MORE and MORE powerful to the point where you wondered why he was even fighting Spider-Man. It was ridiculous. Also, Venom had purpose...Carnage justed like to kill, which was fine, but an unstoppable killing machine that can't be beaten by the Silver Surfer, yet fights Spider-man, is too much.

I thought SS easily owned him in ASM when they met.

Carnage sucks. Always has. Always will.

Venom also sucks. But Venom was at least cool for the first 5 years.

I thought you meant Cletus Kasady Carnage, I wish he was back. I'm not really a fun of that girl Carnage, But I really do like Bagley's art on it.

:up::up: :D

Dont think Venom sucks, but I agree about the 5 years part.

Venom sucks now. Gargan Venom sucks. Anti-hero Venom sucks too.

Venom is best stalking MJ, attacking Peter etc. Not pulling baby's out of the bay.

seriously i do think marvel went over board with the symbiotes, but i do think the carnage character could have worked. just no writer had the guts or more importantly the environment for him. i mean right from the get go he was a serial killer, you cant expect him to not be watered down in some of his appearances

i still think you stick carnage in a max series with a decent writer and it could work

seriously i do think marvel went over board with the symbiotes, but i do think the carnage character could have worked. just no writer had the guts or more importantly the environment for him. i mean right from the get go he was a serial killer, you cant expect him to not be watered down in some of his appearances

i still think you stick carnage in a max series with a decent writer and it could work
Carnage is a psychotic serial killer who enjoys killing and torturing his enemies and anyone who just so happens to be close by. There is not much you can do with that kind of character besides be a super-serial killer. The most you can do with Carnage is have him get loose and run around killing people or have Carnage be more methodical with killing. Either way, he's still not going to be a good character due to his one-dimensional personality.. But if they could give a full story; a REASON as to why Cletus was so insane in the first place, they could heighten the character slightly.

What like a Carnage year one or something?

This is possibly the worst idea I've ever heard...a Carnage year one. There are at least 50 villains in the MU more deserving of such a story.

I never said that I liked or condoned the idea, I was asking Kaizer104 if thats what he was trying to get across.

Didn't that Venom vs Carnage thing tell that story of why he killed so much?

I never said that I liked or condoned the idea, I was asking Kaizer104 if thats what he was trying to get across.

I know...I just wanted to destroy the idea with a concussive blast of internet bile before someone started a petition for Carnage: Year One.

I've been highly anticipating this storyline for a while now. Bendis and Bagley working together again even if its only for one story arc. Really hyped for it. Plus Mighty Avengers has been freaking awesome since the first issue.

I thought Bagley wanted to try something new, so he once again just continues to work with Bendis:huh:

He's like the most habitual artist in comic history!

Yes, Mark Bagley did say he wanted to try something new. He never said that by "something new" meant working with a different writer. He was speaking more about not doing another Spider-Man, hahaha. He's working on Might Avengers where there IS not Spider-Man and there are many different characters to draw.

That is something new to me.

Yes, Mark Bagley did say he wanted to try something new. He never said that by "something new" meant working with a different writer. He was speaking more about not doing another Spider-Man, hahaha. He's working on Might Avengers where there IS not Spider-Man and there are many different characters to draw.

That is something new to me.

Well, I read somewhere that it looks like this will crossover with NA. So it does look like he will be drwing Spidey again.

Besides, he's been working with ONLY Bendis for nearly a decade now. And one of the main things about their approach in USM, (which I actually think was one of their strong points,) was how big the scope was in involving/creating as many characters in the Ultimate U as possible. They went a very detailed universe during their run.

Basically I'm saying getting to do new characters isn't a new thing for him. He said it himself, there was so many new characters for him to play with that he found it difficult to get bored.

So yea, he's working with Bendis again, in the same vein as before. In fact, one of the last main things they did on their USM run was to introduce a female Carnage. You can't say that this isn't being repetitive on his part.

Oh, and what was his main book for MANY YEARS before taking on USM? Amazing Spider-Man!

I stand by my reasoning for saying he's incredibly habitual

Well, I read somewhere that it looks like this will crossover with NA. So it does look like he will be drwing Spidey again.

Besides, he's been working with ONLY Bendis for nearly a decade now. And one of the main things about their approach in USM, (which I actually think was one of their strong points,) was how big the scope was in involving/creating as many characters in the Ultimate U as possible. They went a very detailed universe during their run.

Basically I'm saying getting to do new characters isn't a new thing for him. He said it himself, there was so many new characters for him to play with that he found it difficult to get bored.

So yea, he's working with Bendis again, in the same vein as before. In fact, one of the last main things they did on their USM run was to introduce a female Carnage. You can't say that this isn't being repetitive on his part.

Oh, and what was his main book for MANY YEARS before taking on USM? Amazing Spider-Man!

I stand by my reasoning for saying he's incredibly habitual

Well, he's obviously working with Bendis for A REASON, don't you think? :cwink:

And just because Mighty Avengers is crossing over with New Avengers and he's going to, probably, be drawing Spider-Man again doesn't mean that he's going to not be having a good time. He's not on a SPIDER-MAN book, haha. He's on an Avengers book. That is something new and it's something different. Spider-Man just happens to be in New Avengers...at least for now. And it's regular universe Spider-Man not Ultimate Spider-Man. There IS a difference in how they're drawn too. Bagley draws regular universe Spidey with a little more meat on his bones, which makes a lot of sense.

We're just going to keep going in circles though I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"