9.13 - Warrior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mikelus

Intellectualis
Reaction score
Question: Any details on what brings Zatanna back to Smallville? —Jeffrey

Ausiello: I hear she’s going to stir up some love-triangle drama between Lois and Clark. The episode’s called “Warrior” and, as I scooped in the latest episode of Ausiello TV, it’s the one set at *San Diego Comic-Con* Metropolis Wonder-Con. In other Smallville news, Tom Welling’s practically naked — and he’s making out with Lois!

Question: Any hints about the new love interest for Chloe on Smallville? —Sandra
Ausiello: She meets him at *San Diego Comic-Con* Metropolis Wonder-Con.

UPDATED 11/10/09: Smallville's writers are currently researching the "Action" episode. Could "Warrior" be a reference to Warrior Angel?

source: Kryptonsite

It’s magic – of the very, very best kind - as The CW's Smallville welcomes back Serinda Swan as sexy spellcaster Zatanna later this season. Swan first played Zatanna in last season's "Hex" episode, when the comely conjurer granted Chloe's birthday wish by depositing her into Lois' body. Zatanna then sought out her late father's diary, grappling with Green Arrow along the way.

“There was always the hint that she might return one day, so I was keeping my fingers crossed," Swan tells TV Guide Magazine. "I love the cast and I really like the character."

This time, Swan will appear in an early 2010 episode tentatively titled "Warrior." As for the why of Zatanna's return, the show is keeping super-silent. "But knowing the character and what she's capable of, it's going to be something pretty interesting," the actress teases.

Having aced her Smallville audition by recording Zatanna's spells onto her iPod, then playing them back and studying them in reverse, Swan says, "I'm definitely going to have to brush up on my backwards-speaking. It was a fine art to learn!"

Since her first Smallville appearance, Swan has kept busy with roles in the feature films “Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief” (in theaters February 12) and the sci-fi sequel “Tron Legacy” (due out it December 2010).

http://tvguidemagazine.com/news/zatanna-casts-another-spell-on-smallville-3115.html

Very happy to see her back, she's one of the best guest stars of the show.

Last edited:
Sounds great. Did anyone else think of Warrior Angel when they saw the title? Good to see Zatanna is coming back.

cant wait to see what they do with her return.

This is great! Getting Martian Manhunter back, two-part episode with the Justice Society, and now Zatanna back. Loving it.

I absolutely loved Serinda Swan as Zatanna in "Hex" last season . I'm so delighted she's returning she was sensational and very sexy . :woot:

Sweet, Z is back.

I don't really think of "warrior" being Zatanna, so that is probably someone else. Not warrior angel, thats mostly a Lex thing and hes not around. Warrior Queen, Warrior Princess?

yea when u say warrior u would think ww, but we all know she is off limits. Really i dont see why when its going to be ages before we even see a ww film. Heck joel silver who had the film rights for ww, which thankfully he doesnt any more. Sat on the property for past 15 yrs with many writers/directors coming in and out and nothing to show.

When I saw "Warrior" it made me think of Guy Gardner.

Naah ..... or would they??

they cant do any gl just like batman and wonder woman.

Hopefully that Maxima woman comes back, and gets into a fight with Z!

man i would love for maxima to return but i doubt she will be here.

sounds good, I wonder if she'll make Ollie's wish come true or is tricked by Zod to bring back the their powers.

Who knows hopefully we will get a few story details soon. Most are figuring she will probably be in episode 14 or 15. That is if she is filming the episode before the end of this year. If so it has to be episode 14 or 15 range. IF she isnt filming episode to start of next year then she is likely going to be in the episode range og 16-18.

i'd imagine it will be after persuassion.

probably so persuasion we know has been bumped to episode 13 with society and legends being episode 11 and 12. So then her episode is likely episode 14 or 15 like i said. We will probably know more in the coming weeks.

Any ideas when they will film this episode?

no phil is in one of the two jsa episodes. This is a return for zatanna at some episode post that. Now since they are filming episode 11 right now. If this ends up being episode 14/15 i could see it being filmed by the end of this month/early next month. Before they got on a break from filming episodes. But if she isnt going to be filming to start of next year then its likely the episode will land between episode 17-19range.

hey kryptonsite is reporting this will be episode 15. If any mods are around could we get a number change?

I read on SV_Writers twitter yesterday (official, btw)...

"Reviewing "Action" as reference for future episode..."

My first thought was, could it be for Warrior?

Warrior Angel? So, Zatanna makes some kids wish to make Warrior Angel come a live.

possible, i wonder if that is to happen if they will get the guy they had playin warrior angel in the film that was being made of the character in action back in season 7.

not sure probably, would be cool if they made a reference to Lex and Ryan with the Warrior Angel

well if it indeed about warrior angel i am sure lex/ryan would get a refrence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"