9.13 - Warrior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

NEGATIVE ON THAT. By giving him 'multiple costumes' that build up to the real suit, it already takes away from the significance of the final issue. Better to stick with the current dark blur outfit, and when the time is right, go straight to the classic costume. SIMPLY PUT: there shouldn't be any more prototype suits, after one is done (like they have) doing any more just becomes a redundant waste of air time, and a pointless fan draw, and a total waste of budget (as we know SV, and they'll spend 100 000 bucks on a protocostume).

Thing is they've already hinted that they'll be giving the suit more color by seasons end. I'm just going with what their supposed plan is.

I agree, one prototype suit is enough but it seems that's not the way they're goin...

well i dont personally think a second prototype suit would ruin having final look when ever that does happen. I am curious to see what they do. As i said before i would love to see a real outfit in line of the jl be his next look. But i have a feeling it will probably just be the current getup changed to red and blue.

actually reguarding the current outfit price it was really only around like 5,000 dollars for the whole get up.

hence why I said they would waste a ridiculous amount of money on a proto suit, and why I'm against it. 5000 for that costume is ridiculous, no matter how you justify it.

well in costume and even regular clothing they probably spent thousands and thousands of dollars on costume/clothing for all characters through the 9 yrs. So i dont really think it would be much of an issue. Heck i am sure his red/blue combos was a nifty price too over the years and if u ever watched some of those behind the scenes stuff on various dvd sets they had alot of bulk orders of that outfit of his.

Here you go (click to view larger)...

Liked that getting squeezed in - kids know that superheroes and capes go together! Liked how the kid added the glasses.

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but I'm still curious as to what Lois made Clark dress up as when he gave her the tickets for the Con costume thing. I was disappointed that they mentioned it but didn't show it.
I think that was absolutely on purpose.

It's what everyone wants (seeing TW in the Superman costume) so they teased us with him attending a costume ball with Lois--only they don't show us anything.

I was disappointed about that too. Hoping they'll show it as a flashback scene in a future ep.

read the review a few hrs ago trip. Another solid review from you. When do you say episode 14 and 15th will be out?

I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't like this episode. I enjoyed it. It wasn't great or horrible, but in the middle.

read the review a few hrs ago trip. Another solid review from you.

thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

When do you say episode 14 and 15th will be out?

I didn't. I started working on Persuasion but I really don't like the episode much, it's going to be hard to write that one because I don't want to see the episode a second time.

:( :down

I'm surprised that a lot of people didn't like this episode. I enjoyed it. It wasn't great or horrible, but in the middle.

I loved Warrior, it had some of the same sweetness many early season episodes had, with lessons learned and 'moral of the story' sum up of the events in the loft.

Coulda done without Zatanna using magic on Clark, but other than that, very enjoyable.

Speaking of Zatanna: anyone know what the second thing was that she spoke that made him kiss her?

The first one I was pretty sure was 'set the mood' backwards, couldn't figure out the second one...

Speaking of Zatanna: anyone know what the second thing was that she spoke that made him kiss her?

The first one I was pretty sure was 'set the mood' backwards, couldn't figure out the second one...
I believe it was "go with the flow"

Great review Trip!

I don't agree at all with your thoughts on the episode, but a superbly detailed and well wrritten effort as usual.

no problem trip i know you are busy with stuff. i just wanted to guage when abouts your other reviews would be ready. Though i get you having issues with ep 14 review. Personally i liked the episode myself. As i said many times over i havent overall hated an episode at all this season. Which is a first. Sure a few episodes have had a few so so moments in them.

no problem trip i know you are busy with stuff. i just wanted to guage when abouts your other reviews would be ready. Though i get you having issues with ep 14 review. Personally i liked the episode myself. As i said many times over i havent overall hated an episode at all this season. Which is a first. Sure a few episodes have had a few so so moments in them.

Well, I finished watching it earlier tonight for the second time and parts I liked, but there were parts I absolutely loathed.

It wasn't that they were bad, necessarily, but the tone was so uneven.

From Clark getting so dark he nearly killed Tess to Lois being so silly and dancing in his mom's wedding dress? It was like those were scenes from different episodes.

:down

Well, I finished watching it earlier tonight for the second time and parts I liked, but there were parts I absolutely loathed.

From Clark getting so dark he nearly killed Tess to Lois being so silly and dancing in his mom's wedding dress? It was like those were scenes from different episodes.

:down

See, that's just bad pacing/story telling right there but, for some reason, it really clicked with me. I thought it was a great episode and enjoyed the dramatic, sudden tone/feel change even though I would normally hate it.

Can I ask a question about the review though, Trip? Can we expect a lot or the majority of the review to be focused on the final scene with the towers?

It seems every review I've read was pretty much 100% dedicated to that one scene and not the episode.

That's my main problem with Persuassion, it felt like 2 different episodes meshed together that didn't fit. If they really wanted to do a Valentines episode they should have went all out and made it fun and corny. The 2 plots by themself were good but when lumped together something just felt off.

Last edited:
i see your point trip.

Thanks...

See, that's just bad pacing/story telling right there but, for some reason, it really clicked with me. I thought it was a great episode and enjoyed the dramatic, sudden tone/feel change even though I would normally hate it.

I thought parts worked well, but just not together.

Can I ask a question about the review though, Trip? Can we expect a lot or the majority of the review to be focused on the final scene with the towers?

It seems every review I've read was pretty much 100% dedicated to that one scene and not the episode.

I'm not sure since I haven't finished it yet, but I will address the problem and note that it didn't really bother me the same way it did others online.

That's my main problem with Persuassion, it felt like 2 different episodes meshed together that didn't fit. If they really wanted to do a Valentines episode they should have went all out and made it fun and corny. The 2 plots by themself were good but when lumped together something just felt off.

Yep, exactly.

I'm not sure since I haven't finished it yet, but I will address the problem and note that it didn't really bother me the same way it did others online.

I can understand why some people would take issue with the scene and have a legitiment complaint about it, but my main problem was alot of people seemed to use it as an excuse to bash the show.

It should be noted if anybody has a gripe with Clark blowing up buildings they should have a major issue with Justice because they basically did the same thing there.

yea i know alot of places went a little crazy over that scene and we have talked about it ourselfs here in ep 14 thread. But this is for warrior.

I have the option to watch this episode, to which I had missed the original airing. But I must ask; given its plot, and the fact that it doesn't seem to add anything needed for the season's main storyline, should I watch this episode or skip it?

you really shouldnt skip any episodes. Sure the plot is pretty silly but its still a fun episode. For me i watch every episode good or bad. Now if its a bad episode, its one i may not watch alot in reruns/dvd sets.

It's one of my favourites this season. It's a fairly simple story, especially coming off the back of AJ, but it's told well enough and I don't actually want to kill anyone in the cast, which is unfortunately an exception to most other episodes this season. :dry:

I think it was a very nice episode in a lot of ways, not perfect but worth a watch, definitely. I'm not sure if there's any episode in the latter half I'd say you could safely miss completely.

For example, even though there was a lot to dislike in Persuasion, there was actually some important stuff that happened too.

totally for me the season has been very consistant which i like alot and as i keep saying i havent hated out right any episode this season compared to past seasons by this point in a season. Sure a few episodes have had WTF moments but nothing to knock the episode out totally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"