9.13 - Warrior - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

yea the episode was probably altered a bit when marvel wasnt able to be used and thrown into zatanna and comic con stuff. I too agree i dont want to see a full blown ollie/chloe relationship. But we dont really know what is going to happen there. So i am optimistic they wont make it into a lovey lovey thing. and maybe just a little fling or opens chloe's eyes more like the kid did that she could find love again with someone.

Entertaining episode at best .

The Good

1. Lois & Clark : Wow if anyone still had the idea that this relationship would be a rehash of Clana. Well your all wrong. Because this episode showed clearly the difference between Lois Lane & Lana Lang. As many of you have seen in the past when Clark was on Red-K or under the influence of Magic...etc and lana was unaware of the circumstances / Clark's secret, she'd make Clark's life a living hell with guilt causing Clark to go to his loft and mope .

Well Lois was put in a similar situation in this episode with the sexy fishnets clad mistress of magic Zatanna . Lois knew full well what happened with Clark & Zatanna kissing without even being present . And rather than make Clark feel like crap she give him an opportunity to explain himself. And I love how she didn't get mad, she got even with a total stranger that's totally true to her character . See this tells me that deep down Lois will know that Clark Kent is Superman yet she won't nag him to reveal his secret , she'll just toy with him until he's ready to tell her himself .

Zatanna: she serve a purpose by giving Clark a new perspective on viewing his life both as a Superhero and his relationship with Lois . (The kiss wasn't really necessary but as I suspected from the very beginning no really harm came so no big deal.)

Nods : Loved the nod to Captain Marvel, Batman , Superman , Wonder Woman, Justice League , & Star Wars .

CGI - I see that they reused the super leap from "Hex" just replaced it with Clark in his blur get up . The CGI used to display Warrior Angels powers was alright nothing spectacular .

The Bad

Chloe & Oliver - The end just seemed to come out of no where their really wasn't that much of a bulid up . If anything Chloe just went to Oliver out of desperation due to the fact that the kid who became Warrior Angel made her feel special something she had felt since finding out Clark's secret and basically being the sidekick .

Warrior Angel - Meh, I have greatly prefered to have had Captain Marvel guest star. I'm sorry but how stupid is the guy to leave the key in place allowing the kid to steal the book.

Shirt -rip - Wasted, it didn't have the epic feeling that it should've had .

Last edited:
You didn't think warrior angel was good, i thought the guy was good, he was like tom hanks in BIG but yeah i get what you mean about lois and clark Kal

Also, if Zatanna could just cast her counterspell in the Watchtower without having to get the kid, why'd they wait so long? It seems that the spell worked even though he was on the other side of town, so what was the point of locating him? It would've made more sense if Clark supersped Steven back to Watchtower or something.

She didn't need him she needed the book. When she did the counterspell the book was in the middle of the symbol.

yea he probably wasnt needed to be there for the spell since it worked with him in other part of the city. They probably wanted him there in case he had already turned into the villain.

i'd say it was Captain Boomerang. I wouldn't want Green Arrow going after Batman.

I got really bugged when "Warrior Angel" took off flying with Chloe, that's such a Superman thing to do that to have a character other than Clark do that is such a slap in the face to the viewers and the character.

didn't bothered me

yeah to be honest I kind of felt that way, I mean we had Hawkman flying in the other ep and now some kid I was just like "oh come on!"

24082391.gif

Nice but would like to see some Zatanna gifs too :D

any one got some good screen caps of the RBB drawing?

was the set the mood and go with the flow the spell she put on Clark? ;)

I think the go with the flow spell caused Clark's eyes to go blue.

well as stated the producers probably wanted to do captain marvel but due to rights issues and probably also the issues that have been around for awhile with dc and marvel's captain marvel character. And the on/off status of the shazam movie in the works prevented them from using the character. Like why we cant have batman or even wonder woman officially. I too am sick at times the restrictions/blocks the show has had at times/to this day from dc comics or wb. You would think the one superhero live action dc show you got(not counting human target on fox right now) that you would want to promote and gain some general viewer interest in x character to help promote them more and get people into talking about character. So it could help garner the chance of film development moving. Take for example aquman, when he first appeared in season 5 the episode was one of the season's best episodes/rated episodes and it garnered interest in the whole aquaman pilot thing.

yeah, the rights issue has always been a bugger, I've always wondered, how come Marvel didn't purchase them? :doh: That would have really pissed DC off.
I can't understand for the life of me, why the CW didn't spinoff Aquaman & the Flash? MAN! It was so primed, what a blown opportunity.
The Aquaman pilot was OK, wish they had used Smallvile's Aquaman though.

yeah, the rights issue has always been a bugger, I've always wondered, how come Marvel didn't purchase them? :doh: That would have really pissed DC off.
I can't understand for the life of me, why the CW didn't spinoff Aquaman & the Flash? MAN! It was so primed, what a blown opportunity.
I thought the Aquaman was great but I agree that they should have conectected that to Alan Ritchson's Aquaman or made a Flash show with Smallville Bart Allen or even a Smallville JLA

I think Aquaman being droped had to do with the WB/UPN merger. I really like the Aquaman pilot and I think it would have made a good show. Chloe and Oliver didn't bother me and I liked the scene with CLark hitting the crook with the can.

yea as lespaul stated it was due to the merger of wb/upn that killed aquaman spin off. it was very well liked by it a bad victim of the merger. Plus even though it did have alan i am sure after a bit they would have made it officially connected to smallville with crossovers and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"