The Flash 9x13: A New World, Part Four (SERIES FINALE)

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
The Flash, the fastest man alive, is tasked with his greatest challenge yet, to save the timeline and save existence. Friends old and new gather for an epic battle to save Central City, one last time.

Promo:

Promo Stills:

Is this series finale an hour or two?

Is this series finale an our or two?

These battles are kind of laughable. All of a sudden the entire Team flash is able to keep up with Speedsters and easily defeat them at that. Cecile can fly and zoom through the sky. I cant even count how many times "I am the fastest man alive" was said by every speedster lol.

Why do they think that we can this much for this long ass Chuck/Allegra kiss? As if they are some epic romance?

How many people have you loved that have died? Your parents? By going back in time so much? Team Flash is intact. Caitlin is...."dead" I guess but not really.

These battles are kind of laughable. All of a sudden the entire Team flash is able to keep up with Speedsters and easily defeat them at that. Cecile can fly and zoom through the sky. I cant even count how many times "I am the fastest man alive" was said by every speedster lol.

Why do they think that we can this much for this long ass Chuck/Allegra kiss? As if they are some epic romance?

How many people have you loved that have died? Your parents? By going back in time so much? Team Flash is intact. Caitlin is...."dead" I guess but not really.
Yeah they were pretty laughable, but it made more sense once it was revealed they were just there for Cobalt Blue...which went nowhere anyway :funny:

Oh hey...Caitlin is alive. Another person that Barry has now not lost lol.

Iris didnt really get a lot to do in this finale which is a bit of a shame.

Joe talking about how great of a mother Cecile is, is awkward. Especially when their daughter isnt even at this function celebrating the birth of her niece.

Not really sure why Wells was at the party? Shouldnt he be off in the universe?

.....did they really just have Barry pull a Buffy "every person who could be a Speedster, will be a speedster" as if the world didnt have enough metahumans? It's a nice easter egg since they're all comic speedsters but it made zero sense.

Even though they said it wouldn't happen, I still really wanted to hold off hope that Cisco would show up and they just kept his appearance a secret. If anyone deserved to be at that party at the end, in addition to Wally, it should have been him.

Still, a nice, emotional finale, but I still think the Arrow episode would've served as a better finish for the entire Arrowverse.

Despite everything, this show still meant a lot to me over the course of all 9 seasons and I will miss the show and I will miss seeing Grant Gustin as The Flash. There were highs, especially early on and many lows the last handful of seasons but a great ending moment.

Onto the finale itself. Yeah it was nice to see all the old speedsters back but ultimately pointless. I get they brought them back because it was the last episode but I wish they would have used them a little better. It made a little more sense when they were there as a plot device for Cobalt Blue, but that basically went nowhere too. Cisco was missed in the finale too, shame Carlos couldn't make it and seeing the original, real Caitlin at the end made me realize she was missed this season too.

I completely forgot Joe and Cecile weren't married yet :funny:

Anyway, thank you Grant Gustin for bringing my favorite DC character to my tv week in and week out and thank you to everyone here who participated in this little subforum and all the discussion threads for each episode over the years.

Stopped following the show around season 7, but decided to get caught up for the finale. Uh... yeah that was certainly a way to end it. Felt like Wallace was more concerned with his pet characters and trying to keep a future alive as opposed to actually trying to bring the show to a natural conclusion. The "finale" bits felt entirely tacked on. The old villains should've been introduced earlier for a proper way of doing all this. 9x10 has really been the only episode that has felt like it belonged during the final season.

That all said. I have been a little sad seeing all the goodbyes and send off material leading up to this episode. I still hold the first season in very high regard, and still enjoy a lot of moments from the following 5ish seasons. There are a lot of moments very special to my heart. Gustin will be very missed, and will always be the first thing that I think of when I think of The Flash.

Last edited:
I don’t really have much to say but that finale was an emotional experience because I wasn’t only saying goodbye to a show I loved through the ups and the downs for 9 years but possibly saying goodbye to a universe that got me through some rough times this past decade. Ultimately I’m forever grateful to Grant Gustin and the cast and crew of not just The Flash but the entire Arrowverse and it kinda will live on through Superman and Lois but with that show’s future uncertain this is really the ending of an era and I’m happy I made it to the end. Again forever grateful and Grant will always be my Flash and while this finale wasn’t perfect it was a satisfying and solid end.

It could been scheduling, but I do wish at least one character from any of the shows appeared. In particular, I think Kara or Jefferson should've been there. The Flash/Supergirl crossover was the first taste we got of these shows crossing universes and a glimpse of what was to come, and Kara's got a good bond with Barry.

As for Jefferson, he and Barry really got to bonding during Crisis and he filled in that mentorship role for Barry when Joe was not around. You can maybe say the Supergirl quota was already filled with Dreamer showing up earlier, but for a finale that ended not only the series, but this shared universe, I think at least one character from one of the other shows should've been there.

VINv.gif

ae2959f2983092162593ff36cabb0537aab45541.gif

Last edited:
The finale was anticlimactic, all this build up to cobalt Blue ultimately was for nothing. We brought back several speedster who apparently lost there edge of superiority they were beating back way to easily.

I kinda wished Reverse Flash had more involvement seeing as he is the definitive enemy of The Flash.

The lack of mention of Cisco is an insult and disservice to Carlos Valdez work on the shows run.

In terms of an ending to the series, it has its moments but overall meh kinda ....

I know Melissa Benoist was filming The Girls On The Bus in New York while Flash was filming the final season.
It could been scheduling, but I do wish at least one character from any of the shows appeared. In particular, I think Kara or Jefferson should've been there. The Flash/Supergirl crossover was the first taste we got of these shows crossing universes and a glimpse of what was to come, and Kara's got a good bond with Barry.

As for Jefferson, he and Barry really got to bonding during Crisis and he filled in that mentorship role for Barry when Joe was not around. You can maybe say the Supergirl quota was already filled with Dreamer showing up earlier, but for a finale that ended not only the series, but this shared universe, I think at least one character from one of the other shows should've been there.

VINv.gif

ae2959f2983092162593ff36cabb0537aab45541.gif

Eddie's costume went a bit far into Power Rangers territory, even for this show. Given that his character development is similar to Tommy Oliver's, I wonder if this was a tribute to Jason David Frank.

Eddie's costume went a bit far into Power Rangers territory, even for this show. Given that his character development is similar to Tommy Oliver's, I wonder if this was a tribute to Jason David Frank.
Probably just something cheap and quick to put together since it was only one episode for what, 10-15 minutes on screen?

Hopefully TheWB doesnt throw all these costumes into the trash bin like they did with Stargirls costumes.

Hopefully TheWB doesnt throw all these costumes into the trash bin like they did with Stargirls costumes.
That’s a shame, I know the costumes are expensive and WB owns them but if they’re going to be thrown in the trash then the actors should be allowed to keep them if they want to. Grant said he kept the ring and I hope he got a suit if wanted one. Melissa basically admitted she kept the suit and I believe Stephen said he kept a bow.

Anyone else see the alternate endings they were kicking around? I feel like they would have been a little bit more interesting.

'The Flash' showrunner, Grant Gustin break down series finale ending

But Gustin had an alternate idea for how he wanted the show to end. "It was a fan theory I saw online about Barry sacrificing himself to the Speed Force and becoming the lightning bolt that struck him in this full circle moment," he says. "I thought it was cool, and I remember I talked to Eric about it and he was really set on Barry and Iris having a happy ending. He didn't want to see Barry have a hero's death the same way Oliver [Stephen Amell] did [on Arrow]

I always thought that it was going to end with the newspaper: 'Flash vanishes in crisis,'" Helbing says. "Obviously, once Crisis happened, can't do that anymore. And I had a similar thought to Barry becoming the lightning that struck him, where he gets caught in the future and the only way to protect him from Reverse-Flash is to basically create himself. I thought that would've been a cool ending."

That's a very poetic sounding ending, but I don't know if we'd need to have both Oliver and Barry sacrificing themselves.

The actual finale was a bit silly and underwhelming, but I am not going to lie. I loved the Avery Ho, Max Mercury and Jessie Chambers shout outs. I want them in a spin-off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"