Clone Wars "A Distant Echo" Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Where we find out Anakin is the least perceptive person in the galaxy, far, far away...

To me this episode symbolizes that Clone Wars doesn't even give a **** about continuity and connecting to the films.

1. Rex knows about Padme and Anakin and plays lookout for them.
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi knows about Padme and Anakin and basically loudly and obviously clues Anakin into the fact that he knows about them.
3. Anakin in Clone Wars and Anakin in the movies have virtually nothing in common other than that they are both named Anakin. Clone Wars Anakin: Wise, mature, respectful, compassionate, insightful, contemplative, a competent leader. Movie Anakin: ... none of those things
4. Padme sort of looking like she's already pregnant like in ROTS when she calls Anakin and clutching her abdomen like a woman who is pregnant or cluing us into the idea and she does it in FULL VIEW of Anakin.
5. Rex and Anakin having this close relationship we saw no semblance of in the films. Even when Kenobi had that interaction with Cody in ROTS it felt very cold and stiff. They didn't feel like warm comrades who had gone into battle with each other and fought side by side for years.
6. In fact the clones having any unique personalities and individual wills of their own at all was never really pushed in the films at all. They all just came off like mindless automatic soldiers. Soldiers programmed to do what they were programmed to do.
7. Anakin playing peacemaker and the voice of reason was the height of hilarity. I guess Dave Filoni and the writers realized they couldn't reasonably build a show around a character like Anakin in the films and overhauled him from the top down.

Was the episode bad? No. But this season just further pushes my believe that this show doesn't reasonably connect with the films at all. It is its own separate thing. To call this canon is a stretch.

To me this episode symbolizes that Clone Wars doesn't even give a **** about continuity and connecting to the films.

1. Rex knows about Padme and Anakin and plays lookout for them.
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi knows about Padme and Anakin and basically loudly and obviously clues Anakin into the fact that he knows about them.
3. Anakin in Clone Wars and Anakin in the movies have virtually nothing in common other than that they are both named Anakin. Clone Wars Anakin: Wise, mature, respectful, compassionate, insightful, contemplative, a competent leader. Movie Anakin: ... none of those things
4. Padme sort of looking like she's already pregnant like in ROTS when she calls Anakin and clutching her abdomen like a woman who is pregnant or cluing us into the idea and she does it in FULL VIEW of Anakin.
5. Rex and Anakin having this close relationship we saw no semblance of in the films. Even when Kenobi had that interaction with Cody in ROTS it felt very cold and stiff. They didn't feel like warm comrades who had gone into battle with each other and fought side by side for years.
6. In fact the clones having any unique personalities and individual wills of their own at all was never really pushed in the films at all. They all just came off like mindless automatic soldiers. Soldiers programmed to do what they were programmed to do.
7. Anakin playing peacemaker and the voice of reason was the height of hilarity. I guess Dave Filoni and the writers realized they couldn't reasonably build a show around a character like Anakin in the films and overhauled him from the top down.

Was the episode bad? No. But this season just further pushes my believe that this show doesn't reasonably connect with the films at all. It is its own separate thing. To call this canon is a stretch.
Hence my first post! :D

Seriously, it is hilarious. She is even wearing her pregnancy outfit from when she goes to Mustafar. :lmao:

I agree the show is far better developed, and more mature with it's portrayal of Anakin, but to me that doesn't make it non-canon. This is the Anakin Skywalker I imagined when I see Obi-Wan reminiscence about him. I also think the show puts into perspective how Anakin loses himself in RotS, better then RotS does. So to me, it is just better written, not non-canon.

As one who use to spend a lot of time crapping on the prequels, as I have gotten older I have let a lot of that go. Part of that is probably because I have seen each of them like 30 times and know like every second of them. They are Star Wars after all. It is also because TCW helps them a lot. The only big issue is the lack of living, breathing clone characters in RotS.

As a TV show, as a Star Wars show inspired by the prequels, I think it's fine.

I just can't see it as canonical to the prequels anymore.

Hence my first post! :D

Seriously, it is hilarious. She is even wearing her pregnancy outfit from when she goes to Mustafar. :lmao:

I agree the show is far better developed, and more mature with it's portrayal of Anakin, but to me that doesn't make it non-canon. This is the Anakin Skywalker I imagined when I see Obi-Wan reminiscence about him. I also think the show puts into perspective how Anakin loses himself in RotS, better then RotS does. So to me, it is just better written, not non-canon.

As one who use to spend a lot of time crapping on the prequels, as I have gotten older I have let a lot of that go. Part of that is probably because I have seen each of them like 30 times and know like every second of them. They are Star Wars after all. It is also because TCW helps them a lot. The only big issue is the lack of living, breathing clone characters in RotS.

Not sure what the big deal with they showing that she is pregnant. Season 7 from what I head happens right before and during ROTS (Obi/Anakin leave during this season and order 66 happens and shows how Ahsoka and Rex escape) so obviously she should be "showing" as pregnant.

Not sure what the big deal with they showing that she is pregnant. Season 7 from what I head happens right before and during ROTS (Obi/Anakin leave during this season and order 66 happens and shows how Ahsoka and Rex escape) so obviously she should be "showing" as pregnant.
The problem isn't Padme being pregnant, but Anakin being comically dumb in not noticing. This arc and the next don't happen during Revenge of the Sith, but before. Revenge of the Sith starts somewhere during the Siege of Mandalore, as they're called away for the battle of Coruscant. And after that, Anakin finds out she's pregnant. Something he should know after this episode if he had any eyes.

I have to assume the choice to give her a baby bump was made because it's meant to be a visual cue that the events of this season are right up to the time of ROTS, and because they wanted to have a constant visual reminder for the viewer that she is currently pregnant.

It does make Anakin seem clueless tho. Even if he wouldnt dare ask her if shes gaining weight from overeating, he wouldnt hesitate to ask his wife if she is pregnant. No conscious attentive husband or lover would overlook their girl's growing belly. And with him being a Jedi you'd assume he would reach out with the Force and check for a new growing life in her after seeing her belly.

The issue is Anakin doesn't know she is pregnant until she tells him in RotS. It makes sense she is pregnant, but not Anakin seeing her. Thus, he comes off like a complete fool. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"